Post count went to ZERO!!!

PDA

Goblin
August 3, 2008, 05:21 PM
Anybody know why I lost my post count. It went to zero for some reason a few days ago. I've been a member since 06! I had a few hundred posts at least!!:confused::eek:

If you enjoyed reading about "Post count went to ZERO!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
SCKimberFan
August 3, 2008, 05:31 PM
I have no idea, but why does it really matter?

Goblin
August 3, 2008, 05:33 PM
Just curious.

Gord
August 3, 2008, 05:35 PM
This is about when you PM mod(s) and/or post in Technical Support. I'll go ahead and hit Mod Alert so the issue can be addressed in an appropriate manner, yes?

Hopefully you get your postcount restored. I wouldn't like appearing as a FNG either...

Goblin
August 3, 2008, 05:37 PM
Thanks!

Packman
August 3, 2008, 05:39 PM
I have no idea, but why does it really matter?

I look at it for credibility. Especially in the sales forum, I'm mildly suspicious of people with low post counts. People who've been around a long time are usually more reliable, know their stuff, etc.

Solo Flyer
August 3, 2008, 05:44 PM
Anybody know why I lost my post count. It went to zero for some reason a few days ago. I've been a member since 06! I had a few hundred posts at least!!

In the long run it may not matter.But it's certainly an odd technical quirk and cause for concern.The next time your whole account may disappear!:uhoh:
Perhaps Derek Zeanah and the techs will be able to figure out what happened.

jakemccoy
August 3, 2008, 05:55 PM
The mod's can do whatever they want to do.:evil:

Prince Yamato
August 3, 2008, 05:58 PM
My post count went down by a few a week or so ago. I assumed it was the mods deleting old political threads from when THR had a political section.

RonE
August 3, 2008, 06:30 PM
I think that when you change your voter registration from Republican to Democrat:neener::neener:, your post count goes to zero.....Or, is it when your NRA membership expires that that happens?:confused:

Don't worry about it, you are among friends here;).

Mal H
August 3, 2008, 06:38 PM
I have to admit that is strange, Goblin. Looks like there's a goblin in the system ...
Oh, wait! Nevermind. ;)

Seriously, I'll look into it. I hope there's a possibility your posts can be retrieved.

Can you recall any thread that you had posted in before you had your email address changed on July 30th? (IIRC, you hadn't logged in for a long time at that point, but I don't recall what your post count was.)

Mal H
August 3, 2008, 08:02 PM
I checked everything I could and Derek re-indexed the post database. It honestly doesn't appear that you had any posts here prior to July 30th. Could you have been thinking of a different forum? Like I said above, you hadn't logged in here for a long time.

Goblin
August 3, 2008, 10:15 PM
I PM'd you re. what I think happened. Plse see if you can restore my Senior member status. Here's a link to one of my earlier posts in a thread.

http://http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=379224&highlight=goblin

Derek Zeanah
August 3, 2008, 10:29 PM
Ah - so you registered as Goblin, forgot the password, reregistered as Goblin1, posted a bunch of stuff, had the password for Goblin reset, and now want the accounts merged then?

That's quite a bit different than "dude, the board ate my posts." ;)

Goblin
August 3, 2008, 10:48 PM
HUH....Yeah!!...That's it!!!...I think:)

ETA...Also...my posts seem to be stuck at 7 now!!!

Gord
August 4, 2008, 12:02 AM
ETA...Also...my posts seem to be stuck at 7 now!!!

On many forums (including this one, I assume) only posts in certain sections count towards your postcount; this is to discourage spamming. Your postcount is probably "stuck" because your last few posts were here in Tech Support. Posting in any other subforum besides the Site Maintenance sections (this and Testing) should add to your postcount.

Hope that helps!

Mal H
August 4, 2008, 12:19 AM
So there actually was a goblin in the system! My first guess was correct.

Case closed. Working with Goblin offline.

Oh, and Tac Ninja was correct, posts in this forum (along with testing and the buy/sell/trade forums) aren't added to a post count.

If you enjoyed reading about "Post count went to ZERO!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!