Threaded browsing has been enabled.

PDA

Derek Zeanah
August 4, 2008, 12:52 PM
It's not the default, but it's available for users who want to use it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Threaded browsing has been enabled." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Zak Smith
August 4, 2008, 12:56 PM
This is probably a dumb question, but how does it know which post is a reply's "parent" (besides the top post), since individual posts do not have a "reply/quote" button?

-z

Derek Zeanah
August 4, 2008, 12:59 PM
Good point - I believe we removed the button that would say "reply to this," so it won't know.

Lemme think on that -- it might be time to rethink how we set up thread views...

Mal H
August 4, 2008, 01:34 PM
It just needed the Quick Reply "click enabled" to be turned on.

I selected Derek's second post and am typing this in the Quick Reply window. It should show up as threaded from his 2nd post not the original post ... and ...

It does! (If you're in threaded mode.)

We should still look into getting the Reply button back in the individual posts, but without "Reply With Quote". If that's the price we pay, then threaded mode must go.

However, I had to turn click reply back off since it disables QR in Linear mode which is the mode the majority of users will use, at least for now.

Zak Smith
August 4, 2008, 01:40 PM
Yep, I see no "quick reply" icons. On other forums, I always found it annoying the requirement to click one of those to reply. I always use linear mode.

Derek Zeanah
August 4, 2008, 02:08 PM
Testing to see if this reply is threaded as well...

Yeah, I guess that works. But browsing one post at a time seems annoying as hell.

As soon as I can find some time (snort!) I'll look into vB browsing modes...

Mal H
August 4, 2008, 02:36 PM
testing threaded mode - should be sequential to Zaks' first post ... (again, if you're in threaded mode).

If you enjoyed reading about "Threaded browsing has been enabled." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!