Is there an official Ruger policy on locks?

PDA

BigBlock
August 4, 2008, 04:50 PM
As some of you may know, Ruger has started putting locks on a few of their guns. The only one I know for sure has one is the new Blackhawks with the plastic grips. I'm wondering, do any other new Rugers have a lock, or are they getting one anytime soon? Is there any "official" Ruger policy on this?

If you enjoyed reading about "Is there an official Ruger policy on locks?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Master Blaster
August 4, 2008, 05:25 PM
my New New XR3 vaquerro has the lock, it was made in 2005 IIRC. Not sure about any of the redhawks, but a safety lock would make more sense on a DA than an SA revolver. Its a range toy, and the lock is under the grips so out of sight out of mind applies.

I would hate to be facing down Black Bart and have the gun lock itself though.

Virginian
August 4, 2008, 09:55 PM
It appears the locks and the plastic grip panels are related. In addition to the above, the 50th Anniversary Models have the lock, and the blued Single Sixes have it too. I have heard they have started in on the stainless ones now too, but have not seen it myself.

C/O
August 4, 2008, 10:32 PM
MY SP101 and my Dad's Super Blackhawk niether have the lock, both were purchased this year.

CajunBass
August 5, 2008, 07:56 AM
My MK III 22/45 has a lock.

I have no idea where the key is, but it has a lock.

Master Blaster
August 5, 2008, 01:34 PM
This very topic came up on the other forum I frequent, so I took the initiative of calling Ruger this morning and asking them about the lock.

The CS rep told me that they have not put it on any of the DA revolvers and have no plans to do so. The integral lock is also not found on any of the stainless steel SA guns either.

It is only put on the Blued single action guns, the blackhawk, vaquerro, and single six.

This makes no sense, it would seem to be more appropriate on the DA guns, since they can fire with just a pull of the trigger. I asked him why this was and he said something about California requiring it on certain guns, but not others!!!!!!

So obviously CA is discriminating against Black colored SA Guns!!!!

When I said that the CS rep laughed, and I started laughing too.

def4pos8
August 5, 2008, 03:03 PM
As a Ruger stockholder, I can say that the company hasn't said anything official to me. But I believe most shareholders see a huge mushroom when we look into a mirror.;)

If you enjoyed reading about "Is there an official Ruger policy on locks?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!