Browne & Pharr Boot Knife

PDA

Clermont
August 5, 2008, 01:29 PM
I purchased this boot knife with clip on leather sheath in the 1970s. It is marked "BROWNE & PHARR, MAKERS, ATLANTA, GA". It is stainless steel with an overall length of six inches, a two inch cutting edge on the bottom and a one inch cutting edge on top. I've not heard of this maker before or since buying this knife. Does anyone have any information on Browne & Pharr? Are their knives collectible?

If you enjoyed reading about "Browne & Pharr Boot Knife" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jim Watson
August 5, 2008, 01:47 PM
Never saw the like. But I know the brand. I was in Atlanta when they came out with the Browne and Pharr pocket knife - Cecil Pharr ran a gun store I hung out at - but I don't recall a boot knife. I guess it is "collectable" if you can find the right collector.

Carl Levitian
August 5, 2008, 02:12 PM
Wasn't there a little two blade pocket knife that you could take down? A couple of screws at the ends held it together like the EKA of Sweden knives.

HiWayMan
August 5, 2008, 04:23 PM
Don't know about the maker or collectability, but that little guy is everything a boot knife should be and nothing it shouldn't. Perfect length and blade to handle ratio.

Jim Watson
August 5, 2008, 05:00 PM
Wasn't there a little two blade pocket knife that you could take down? A couple of screws at the ends held it together like the EKA of Sweden knives.

Yes, that is the Browne and Pharr knife that I recall.

If you enjoyed reading about "Browne & Pharr Boot Knife" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!