Who is your favorite holster maker?

PDA

JesseL
August 5, 2008, 04:44 PM
Just tell us what you like for your leather:), kydex:scrutiny:, or nylon:barf:.
:neener:

If you enjoyed reading about "Who is your favorite holster maker?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
un_lucky
August 5, 2008, 06:47 PM
Kramer, or Mika can't decide.

VegasOPM
August 5, 2008, 06:54 PM
Hellweg wasn't listed.:neener:

redneckrepairs
August 5, 2008, 07:03 PM
I have used most of the Leather makers you list and found them all to be good enough. My current favorite tho is K&D a small custom shop that you can find at http://kdholsters.com/ Kevin and crew are top notch both in customer service and craftsmanship imho . I predict that his current 10 to 12 week backlog will continue to expand so order now lol .

Black Majik
August 5, 2008, 07:09 PM
Both of mine aren't listed, so I picked "Other."

Milt Sparks for leather, Comp-tac for kydex.

moga
August 5, 2008, 07:11 PM
*Del Fatti

honorable mentions:
K&D Leather
Garrity's Gunleather
KL Null Holsters
Holsters by Eric (HBE)

longtooth
August 5, 2008, 07:16 PM
Tucker for my 1911s.
Boomstick for my revolvers.

You did not list any of the big name builders.

P97
August 5, 2008, 07:41 PM
My favorite is Milt Sparks.

hornblower
August 5, 2008, 08:31 PM
Robert Mika - hands down!

MCgunner
August 5, 2008, 08:34 PM
Why leave out all the quality makers? :neener:

Mitch Rosen

Honorable mention...... Milt Sparks

weisse52
August 6, 2008, 12:41 AM
Milt Sparks..........

Frank Ettin
August 6, 2008, 01:14 AM
I don't know how you could have left off Milt Sparks, Del Fatti, Alessi, Horseshoe Leather or Bulman. I have some of each, and they make fine holster. I'd say my favorites are my Milt Sparks, but Del Fatti and Horseshoe Leather are right up there.

belus
August 6, 2008, 01:19 AM
I put in an order recently for one by David at http://www.littlebearholsters.com/

I'll review it when it arrives.

freakshow10mm
August 6, 2008, 01:28 AM
Aker Flatsider for autos and Sidearmor for kydex.

I've handled the 'big name' expensive holsters before and they are not the quality that people make them out to be. For a holster to cost $100+, it better be here tomorrow, not 15 months down the road.

Ridgerunner665
August 6, 2008, 01:39 AM
Sparks, Boomstick, Del Fatti...

Your list is not complete.

Many of you may not have heard of Boomstick Holsters...you should see those that Longtooth has for his wheelguns.

A review done by Longtooth (http://1911auto.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2386) with pics...

TyRip
August 6, 2008, 07:23 AM
Minotaur

esol
August 6, 2008, 11:36 AM
Other - Comp-Tac

the naked prophet
August 6, 2008, 11:43 AM
If I had to choose someone besides myself (http://www.kelloggcustomleather.com/), I would have to say HBE Leatherworks (http://www.hbeleatherworks.com/).

SRT1
August 7, 2008, 10:58 AM
Milt Sparks and UBG. The way Longtooth has been bragging on his Boomstick holsters and after talking with the owner a few times, my next one will be a Boomstick.
SRT

BFIBri
August 7, 2008, 11:18 AM
My vote goes to Kramer Holsters in horsehide.

Bri

dairycreek
August 7, 2008, 02:07 PM
FIST and Comp-tac. Both make great holsters and deliver them in a reasonable amount of time. Great customer service too:what:

fletcher
August 7, 2008, 02:14 PM
Comp-Tac, hands down.

Master of Arms
August 7, 2008, 02:16 PM
I like the Fobus models. Especially the double retention types. guess I like to here the snap.lol

Hutch
August 10, 2008, 10:09 AM
John O'Rourke (www.gun-holsters.com), a bit less expensive) or Ken Campbell (no website).

RandomMan
August 10, 2008, 10:39 AM
My favs?

Comp-Tac for Kydex
Used to be Rafter S for leather (but since they've stopped delivering products). So right now I'm on the hunt for my next leather maker, I'm going to try Simply Rugged next and see how I like Rob's work.

-Rob

Phelptwan
August 10, 2008, 11:38 AM
Milt Sparks

blackcash88
August 10, 2008, 03:21 PM
None of the above because you didn't mention Milt Sparks, FIST, and many other fine holster makers.

I am GLAD you left out Crossbreed. The owner and their products both suck in a HUGE way. My Supertuck looked like a grade school arts and craft project and the kydex body promptly cracked right at the edges. Complete crap. :rolleyes:

FireArmFan
August 10, 2008, 06:36 PM
Don Hume for leather and Comp-Tac for kydex. However I don't have much other experience with other companies besides Uncle Mike's and Galco. Uncle Mike's isn't too impressive but Galco isn't bad.

Ben Shepherd
August 10, 2008, 08:46 PM
I like www.hbeleatherworks.com He's local, very good and does it custom to my needs.

Autolycus
August 11, 2008, 12:11 AM
I really like Alessi holsters myself.

Fozzy_Bear
August 12, 2008, 10:42 AM
All my favorites are """other""

In alphabetical order, since I couldn't rate any of these any better or worse than the others:

Bluegrass holsters

Crossbreed

Comp Tac

High Noon

Crossbreed and Comp Tac are cheaper, non-custom pieces that work great. Bluegrass and High Noon are amazing.

bulltaco
August 12, 2008, 06:09 PM
Wild Bill's Concealment, Garner, NC

onebigelf
August 12, 2008, 08:05 PM
I don't really have a favorite holster maker, I have a favorite holster period. I've been carrying Bianchi Pistol Pockets for 25 yrs now. The rotating belt loop feature is tremendously versatile. The same holster can do strong side vertical, FBI cant, SOB, crossdraw, all at any angle that suits me. Good holsters.

John

enfield
August 12, 2008, 10:37 PM
There ya go - a consensus for 'other'. :p

My choice is Kramer in horsehide. Great appearance, great fit, great durability. They're worth the cost.

GRB
August 12, 2008, 10:58 PM
I last bought a new holster to replace one I lost in the WTC atacks on 9/11/2001. So it has been awhile, but that holster was a Bianchi. It was the exact same model as the one I was replacing that I had boguht about 15-20 years or so earlier. The quality was outstanding in the repacement holster, as good as the first one I had purchased all those years before. If that is not a sign of quality, I do not know what such a sign would be. Anything I have purchased from them has always been top notch.

All the best,
Glenn B

P95Carry
August 13, 2008, 01:34 PM
Closed at poster's request - new thread -

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=385041

If you enjoyed reading about "Who is your favorite holster maker?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!