desert Eagle/baby eagle- 9mm

PDA

lubbockdave
August 5, 2008, 09:42 PM
anyone own/shot one of these? I held one today and they seem SOLID, how do they shoot?

Dave

If you enjoyed reading about "desert Eagle/baby eagle- 9mm" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Dravur
August 6, 2008, 09:36 AM
I love mine. Very accurate and low recoil.. heavy as heck, but I use it as a range gun.

Storm
August 6, 2008, 09:48 AM
A search will bring up a lot on this gun. My comments are not in reference to the polymer version one that I know nothing about. The negatives that you'll hear are that the gun is heavy (I don't see it as a carry gun) and the slide mounted safety, although one version of the Baby Eagle (or Jericho) has a frame mounted one.

I had a .40 semi-compact that I sold. I really see little use for this gun in anything under the full size as it is not a carry gun. I kept my full size 9mm because I really, really like it. I can live with the slide mounted safety although it does make racking the slide a bit more difficult. The gun is rock solid and has shot reliably, without a fault. That's only a couple hundred rounds so far, but it's a darn good start. The trigger is really quite good, at least on mine, and surprisingly so. Accuracy is also quite good. With the weight the perceived recoil is low. The price is also very favorable.

Knowing what I know, if I didn't already have one, I'd be looking to buy one, a full size in 9.

CH47gunner
August 6, 2008, 10:19 AM
I've had my Baby Eagle for a bit more than ten years & maybe 1,000 rds.
I've NEVER had a malfunction, of any type, in this gun. And I've fed it everthing including some of the 60gn Magsafe frangibles.
I'd like to buy another, in .45ACP, if I can stop buying S&W revolvers.
Here's a pic of my Desert Eagle Baby Eagle, in 9mm.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f232/ch47gunner/xms071stgunpics065.jpg

Bruce

wyocarp
August 6, 2008, 10:30 AM
I like the baby eagle. They are very good shooters. I have them in all the calibers, metal and polymer. They are my wife's favorite guns to shoot. She really likes the 9mm baby eagle. The polymer one isn't the gun that the metal ones are.

If you enjoyed reading about "desert Eagle/baby eagle- 9mm" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!