Machete defends against lion.

PDA

Carl Levitian
August 7, 2008, 05:32 PM
No, not a couger, a real 500 pound African type of lion. I was just watching the evening news on TV, and they had a story from Mexico, near the resort town of Accupolco. A African lion escaped from a zoo, and attacked a lady riding on a donkey with her 7 year old niece. The lady used a machete to keep striking at the lion till he gave up and left. yes, she drove off a lion with a machete. :what:

The lion then killed two dogs and a pig before being tranquelized and returned to the zoo.

One can only wonder what brand she used.

If you enjoyed reading about "Machete defends against lion." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rondog
August 7, 2008, 05:35 PM
:what:Musta been a Chuck Norris machete!

ArfinGreebly
August 7, 2008, 06:07 PM
So, what's the Mex/Spanish phrase for "yes, dear?"

:D

Carl Levitian
August 7, 2008, 06:08 PM
I don't know, you have to ask John Bobbit.:what:

JohnKSa
August 7, 2008, 11:19 PM
Machetes are used for everything. It's not too unusual for a machete to be the only cutting implement owned by some families in poorer areas.

Regolith
August 8, 2008, 12:57 AM
Human ingenuity: Dragging our clawless naked ape butts to the top of the food chain since 200,000 BC. :D

Browning
August 10, 2008, 05:21 PM
It's a weird enough story, but apparently it has enough evidence behind it that AP picked it up and reported it.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,399361,00.html

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008/aug/06/woman-riding-a-donkey-fights-off-lion-with-mach-1/

ACAPULCO, Mexico — A Mexican woman says she fought a 500-pound lion with a machete near the resort city of Acapulco and scared him away.

Celsa Aleman said she and her 7-year-old niece were riding a donkey Monday along a road when the lion went after the animal's legs.

The 35-year-old woman said she found the courage to fight the lion because she thought it would attack her niece.

She said she hit the animal with a machete until the beast ran away and Aleman and her niece were unharmed.

The state government said in a statement that the lion had escaped from a private zoo owned by a former local congressman. It said the animal killed two dogs and ate a pig before it was sedated and taken back to the zoo.

This was reportedly near the resort town of Acapulco. Good thing they caught it. I imagine that it would have been a disaster for the Mexican tourist trade if a foreign tourist was attacked, dragged off and eaten by a lion.

I imagine that it was going after the donkey, but you never know.

If you enjoyed reading about "Machete defends against lion." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!