40% off 1 book at Borders/Walden-good time to buy a gun book!

PDA

jrfoxx
August 8, 2008, 05:34 PM
Just an FYI, Border's/Walden Books is has a 40% off regular price on 1 book,in-store coupon,available (mine came in my email, but it appears to be available on their site too.I think it's only for people with the free "borders Rewards" thing, but, its free to get, so worth a call.) It's only for today and tomorrow it appears, so figured I'd mention it here.

I took advantage of the 40% (and the excuse :D) to finally pick up a couple gun books that I have wanted for quite a while, but are a little pricey, so I have been putting it off. Even here in screaming moonbat liberal Eugene they had a good 6-7 shelves full of gun and hunting books, so not too shabby, and more than I expected.

I picked up Hatcher's Notebook and Flayderman's Guide to Antique American Firearms 9th Ed. Both come highly recommended in the gun community, and should be plenty useful and interesting, so I'm happy with the purchase, and saved $23, so thats cool too.

Just thought I'd give a heads up for people who might have been wanting a certain gun book, but have put it off due to price, or lack of motivation.We all love gun related stuff, and who doesn't love 40% off gun stuff, so....:D

If you enjoyed reading about "40% off 1 book at Borders/Walden-good time to buy a gun book!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Area 52
August 10, 2008, 02:26 AM
Who do I sound like?

"Not related to guns."

<locks topic>

Hint: I'm pretending to be a moderator.

LOL just joking

230RN
August 10, 2008, 11:35 AM
Not related to guns?

The mere mention of Hatcher's Notebook ought to suffice.

jrfoxx, you will have many happy hours browsing through that book.

And then you can answer all the recurring questions about powder fires, cartridges going off in people's pockets, use of cartridges not correct for the firearm, bullets coming down from the sky, recoil, how ball powder is made... <takes breath> ...gun corrosion and ammunition developments, bore v bullet diameters, set triggers, detonation of slow-burning single base powders.... <whew!>...

...many, many happy hours.

-----------------------

There are some documented errors in the book, naturally. See

http://yarchive.net/gun/hatchers_notebook.html

If you enjoyed reading about "40% off 1 book at Borders/Walden-good time to buy a gun book!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!