Successful OC event in Hillsboro, OR this past weekend

PDA

Cougfan2
August 11, 2008, 11:27 AM
Had a very successful OpenCarry picnic in Hillsboro, OR. this weekend. We were at Reedville Creek Park and had a great BBQ. Got a few odd looks and one woman was heard saying "Does that guy have a gun?", but other than that no one self combusted or left the park screaming.

A couple of times we thought some folks might have called the police, but no Popo's ever showed up. My wife had made a big sign for OpenCarry.org that I think may have helped to negate a few phone calls. Even had a couple of folks ask what we were about and they were fine with us. All in all a good day. OpenCarry.org link is:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum45/13847.html

If you enjoyed reading about "Successful OC event in Hillsboro, OR this past weekend" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jrfoxx
August 11, 2008, 12:32 PM
Nice.:cool:

I OC here in Eugene a fair bit, and have never heard a peep, or even gotten looked at funny. They either dont care, which would be a surprise, but is always possible, or since I'm the only person I have ever seen doing it here, they assume I'm a cop. Either way, no problems with it, and the Eugene PD and Lane SO tell me all thier cops are fully aware its legal, and they could care less about it.

jpsimms
August 11, 2008, 12:43 PM
Cool,
Wish I was on that side of the mountains for that one. maybe next time

Cougfan2
August 11, 2008, 01:03 PM
Wish I was on that side of the mountains for that one. maybe next time

jpsimms, I am working with a group at OpenCarry.org on a tri-state OC event in the Kennewick, WA vicinity for sometime after Memorial Day in 2009. It would be primarily for WA/OR/ID folks. Might be worth the trip for you. I expect we may have upwards of 100 attendees and we are trying to round up a shooting area nearby.

If you enjoyed reading about "Successful OC event in Hillsboro, OR this past weekend" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!