Another reason to ban guns, or ...

PDA

Hook686
August 12, 2008, 02:36 AM
... more fuel for the anti's.

ATF says most illegal guns in Mexico come from US

... One bust came in May, when the owner of a Phoenix gun shop was arrested on charges that he knowingly sold hundreds of weapons to "straw purchasers" who funneled the weapons to violent drug cartels in Mexico. Two Mexican men accused of helping to set up the sales also were arrested....

This is not what I want and wonder why folks that promote being pro 2nd Amendment would put the cause at risk for a few bucks. My dad always tells me, "People are no damn good !"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080811/ap_on_re_us/border_guns

If you enjoyed reading about "Another reason to ban guns, or ..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
akodo
August 12, 2008, 02:46 AM
ATF says most illegal guns in mexico (that we have any contact with or knowledge of) come from the USA (because all the other ways of getting illegal guns into criminal hands don't relate to us, so they don't bother talking to use about them)

Latin America is crawling with full auto AKs, what do you think all those hundreds of different guerilla groups are using? Those don't come from the USA, they come from AK factories in china, africa, latin america, etc etc.

Or, the military/police are issued guns, and they simply sell them to criminals, after all, corruption of the police and military is absolutely rampant...which might be why the cops never mention the boatloads of AKs that come floating in, but complain about straw-purchased firearms

but seriously, I think the Mexican Police get some handguns, know which ones are the makarovs and tokerovs, or Astras or whatever, and instantly know where they all came from, and then they phone the ATF with the serial number.

Sure, most glocks, sigs, pythons, kimbers, model 29s, springfield XDs, Rugers, etc encountered probably did come from a straw purchase in the USA, or just stolen from legal owners here.

But that doesn't account for the vast majority of guns in mexico, or even the majority of handguns in mexico

If you enjoyed reading about "Another reason to ban guns, or ..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!