PLEASE READ: regarding e-mail notification

PDA

Derek Zeanah
December 25, 2002, 08:00 PM
This is a feature that sends you an e-mail every time someone replies to a thread you've participated in. It's causing some frustration on the part of lots of users, so I've changed the default for new members to turn this off.

The difference between off and on is simply whether the checkbox underneath where you type your message is checked or not -- you can always make the decision on a thread-by-thread basis.

For now, if e-mail notitication is causing you headaches, make sure to visit your user CP to turn off the default setting, then look at your subscribed threads and click the command to unsubscribe from those threards. Turning off the default won't affect those threads you've already replied and subscribed to.

If there is any confusion, feel free to e-mail or PM me.

Thanks, and sorry for the hassle this caused. It's one of the few bugs we didn't have time to work out before we went live.

If you enjoyed reading about "PLEASE READ: regarding e-mail notification" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mal H
December 26, 2002, 12:23 PM
Made this a sticky thread so that members who joined before the change of defaults will have a better chance of seeing it.

telewinz
December 27, 2002, 05:28 PM
I have un-subscribed to any threads and I checked to make sure I did not want to be emailed to any thread. Hope this solves the problem. Sorry

If you enjoyed reading about "PLEASE READ: regarding e-mail notification" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!