Best "Generic Fit" IWB

PDA

FranklyTodd
August 13, 2008, 08:59 AM
I have a new carry piece, and it doesn't yet have any holsters available. I have a line on a custom kydex maker, but

Any recommendations as to the best IWB generic holster? It's about the size of a Glock 26 (Beretta PX-4). I have a super cheap Uncle Mike's that I already owned, and it works ok... but I wonder if there was a reasonably good generic alternative. I like forward cant, if that's possible...

If you enjoyed reading about "Best "Generic Fit" IWB" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
weisse52
August 15, 2008, 01:18 PM
As far as a generic goes you do not have a whole lot of quality choices. Safariland make a better quality generic. The only angle adjustment is you tilting it.
Hopefully someone else has more suggestions.

fletcher
August 15, 2008, 01:20 PM
Comp-Tac makes holsters for the PX-4, such as this one (http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=28&products_id=61). I've had CTACs for a 1911 and USP, and they're great.

They probably have others - you'll have to take a look around.

thunderstorm
August 15, 2008, 01:22 PM
The most IWB generic holster I know of is the Smart Carry. http://www.smartcarry.com/

FranklyTodd
August 15, 2008, 01:51 PM
I should have been clearer, it's the Storm Sub-Compact. I love CTAC - I e-mailed them to see if they'd just cut down the CTAC by an inch but they never responded.

I don't want to spend $75 and hack it up myself if I don't have to. I ordered a Crossbreed SuperTuck the other day - as it's shorter than the CTAC & MTAC, designed so that last inch of the barrel of a PX-4 (an inch the SC doesn't have) sticks out of the bottom of the holster. It's almost like an MTAC "slide" version, where it's designed, for example, to house a Glock 26, 19, or 17, all in the same holster. From another forum, here's a full-size PX-4 in a Crossbreed:

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/Robertlx/DSC07776.jpg

I've been using my Uncle Mike's a little, but mostly my SmartCarry. Lately I've been wearing it high with the grip above the beltline, as the Storm SC is so short it's actually comfortable to appendix carry.

Thanks for the help, though...

fletcher
August 15, 2008, 03:57 PM
The CTAC isn't big - if the only difference is in barrel length and/or grip length, I'd just get the fullsize CTAC and do that.

Aside from that, I don't know of any other real generic holsters short of Uncle Mike's neoprene.

FranklyTodd
August 15, 2008, 04:07 PM
I'd just get the fullsize CTAC and do that I loved my CTAC for my Sig P239. That's definitely my back-up plan. The Crossbreed holster has a two-week no-questions return policy, so if I don't love it, CTAC and a hacksaw it is! For a full size PX-4, I'm sure the kydex box sticks way down, which would defeat the purpose of me picking the Sub-Compact. I bet it will/would be easy to trim, though.

I was bummed they wouldn't even answer me when I e-mailed to ask if they'd trim it for me...

If you enjoyed reading about "Best "Generic Fit" IWB" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!