Shooting Budget

PDA

bratch
August 13, 2008, 09:24 PM
How does everyone allocate their shooting money between ammo, guns, and accessories?

Do you just buy whatever you find a good deal on or do you try to spend fixxed percentages on each category; say 25% ammo, 50% to new guns and 25% to accessories?

If you enjoyed reading about "Shooting Budget" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
possum
August 13, 2008, 09:26 PM
i am pretty set on guns and the majority of the gear that i need, so most if not all of my normal budget goes to ammo, targets, and training. when i come into a large sum of money, like tax returns, deployment money etc, then that is when i do my gun buying. but the last time i had a large amount of money it went to buying all ammo.

Seotaji
August 13, 2008, 09:34 PM
i don't buy new guns, but if i do see a GREAT deal (i can find a good deal at wal-mart), i'll jump on it.

TIMC
August 13, 2008, 09:34 PM
No rhyme or reason to my gun and ammo buying. I will pick up ammo when I see a good deal, guns I buy when I decide I want something new.
Mostly I just do what the voices in my head tell me! :what:

Damon555
August 13, 2008, 09:42 PM
If I want it I buy it.....simple as that. :scrutiny:

Soybomb
August 13, 2008, 10:13 PM
I try to save up so I'm free to buy when I see a good deal.

VegasOPM
August 13, 2008, 10:23 PM
My budget is whatever I can get away with before the family accountant catches me. When my toy fund is depleted, I have to get creative.;)

pappy
August 13, 2008, 10:27 PM
No fixed amount, whatever I can afford for ammo first then save up for big stuff like a new gun.

jnyork
August 13, 2008, 10:44 PM
I'll know it when I see it.:rolleyes:

Justin
August 13, 2008, 11:18 PM
I've been spending much more money on ammo and components lately.

Bennett Prescott
August 13, 2008, 11:29 PM
Allocate? Budget? :what: I was wondering where all my grocery money went.

MMCSRET
August 13, 2008, 11:37 PM
I don't buy new guns. I watch for used ones that I like or can rebarrel or modify. I also don't buy ammo and when I buy bullets ,powder, primers etc., I do it in as large a quantity as I can. I never buy fewer than 10,000 primers at a time, powder is at least 32# at a time.

If you enjoyed reading about "Shooting Budget" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!