10mm conversion for G36

PDA

longtom4570
September 2, 2003, 12:34 PM
Can you convert the G36 to 10mm:D

If you enjoyed reading about "10mm conversion for G36" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
nextjoe
September 2, 2003, 01:58 PM
I don't think it would work, the breechface is too big.

It *might* be possible for Glock to redesign it to work, but there might not be enough mass in that small slide to make it work well. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for one :mad:

Best,
Joe

Big Daddy
September 2, 2003, 03:22 PM
If one were so inclined to MAKE the G36 work as a 10mm you would need to have the breechface welded and re-cut to 10mm dimensions. Furthermore, I believe (but I'm not sure) that the G36 barrel will only fit a G36, so reverse logic would dictate that the G29 10mm barrel would not fit the G36 slide. If it will then redoing the 36 as a 10mm wouldn't be too hard. However, a barrel would be expensive if you can't just use a G29 barrel. Hope that makes sense.

duncan
September 10, 2003, 02:17 AM
For safety alone, the thinner 45 ACP slide is NOT designed for any 10mm rounds, light recoiling or target.

Cannot be done safely.

Ask to meet Mr. Kaboom.

Buy a Glock 29 and call it a day.

If you enjoyed reading about "10mm conversion for G36" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!