About Snitching

PDA

Mike Franklin
August 14, 2008, 01:27 PM
I guess this can go here

The idea of snitching has let crime run wild in this counrty. I want to ask ya'lls opinion about some scenarios?

Your neighbor hears a pedophile/registerd sex offender talking about wanting to sodomize your son, should he snitch?
A guy driving by sees someone coming out of your house carrying your guns, should he snitch?
A older couple hears a bunch of gang bangers talking about plans to rape your wife in the park, should they snitch?
An employee sees another employee holding a revolver in the Rest Room talking about shooting people, should that employee snitch?
Your kid's best friend sees your kid doing drugs, should he snitch to you?
A kid hears that a student is going go into your kid's classroom and shoot a bunch of kids, should he snitch?

Or do we maybe need to change our definition or views about 'snitching'?

If you enjoyed reading about "About Snitching" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
NG VI
August 14, 2008, 01:32 PM
I think the anti-snitching talk is propagated mostly by drug dealers and gang members.

Especially since they regard police reports made by a victim of theri violent crime as equal to one of their fellow dealers turning them in for a lighter sentence.

Creature
August 14, 2008, 01:35 PM
How about changing the phrase "snitching" to something like "doing the right thing"?

Ske1etor
August 14, 2008, 01:36 PM
I am a snitch i guess lol ... waved a police officer down about three hours ago and informed him of a drug deal going on in a parking lot of a local gas station... I may not be a LEO, but I know what a drug deal looks like... hah... dumb drug dealers.

I also call the police on people excessively speeding or driving dangerously.

pappy
August 14, 2008, 01:36 PM
I think not 'snitching' is at the very least, morally wrong and in most cases legally wrong as well, just my 2 cents.

ScottyT
August 14, 2008, 01:38 PM
I have no problem "snitching" if the crime directly affects me or an innocent third party.

If I hear someone talking about the illegal drugs they are doing at home, who cares? I don't like the idea of the government telling people what they can or cannot put in their bodies.

If I hear someone bragging about how they beat up their girlfriend, their ass is gonna get a visit from the boys in blue.

foghornl
August 14, 2008, 01:41 PM
The " Stop Snitchin' " thing IIRC, is from the thug-n-drug culture...

Don't rat us out on our illegal activities.

Creature has it right though...need to change from "snitchin" to "doin' right"

Nolo
August 14, 2008, 01:44 PM
Isn't this OT?
IBTL.

Larry Ashcraft
August 14, 2008, 01:45 PM
Seems like a good topic for APS.

Off topic here.

If you enjoyed reading about "About Snitching" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!