Custom muzzle brake that reduces felt recoil; by 70%, can't find dealer?

PDA

AjayofCanada
August 14, 2008, 04:23 PM
I read about a gunsmith who was making these and word was spreading about how great they were, they were not cheap either. If I recall correctly his shop was in Michigan. I know that probably doesn't help much, but this gunsmith was high profile and selling to military just from word of mouth, I read about him in an article somewhere. Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about? Maybe I shouldn't have skipped breakfast.

If you enjoyed reading about "Custom muzzle brake that reduces felt recoil; by 70%, can't find dealer?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
harmonic
August 14, 2008, 06:07 PM
Not sure I know what you're talking about, but Magnaport reduces perceived recoil. (You can't reduce it. That's a physical impossibility. For every action, and all.)

Anyway, he's in Michigan.

http://www.magnaport.com/

kd7nqb
August 14, 2008, 06:31 PM
I think your thinking of Magnaport and they do great work.

kingjoey
August 14, 2008, 06:42 PM
Except for an angle-ported setup, you're not going to get more than about 40% reduction in recoil from a muzzlebrake. If you want to read the boring physics behind it all click 'Recoil 101' on our company website.

AjayofCanada
August 14, 2008, 07:23 PM
I was thinking of Magnaport, thanks guys.

If you enjoyed reading about "Custom muzzle brake that reduces felt recoil; by 70%, can't find dealer?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!