Reporter Is Grazed by Bullet in Georgia and Keeps Reporting

PDA

jakemccoy
August 14, 2008, 03:56 PM
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2008/08/14/vo.gerogia.journalist.shot.gerogiastatetv

Call me crazy, but I think I'm in love.

If you enjoyed reading about "Reporter Is Grazed by Bullet in Georgia and Keeps Reporting" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
PTK
August 14, 2008, 04:02 PM
She at least had the right idea of "hey, maybe armor is a good idea now."

wheelgunslinger
August 14, 2008, 04:03 PM
Yeah, she's pretty tough.
One of our prissy American nose-job having field correspondents would have probably been screaming for her daddy. :evil:

I like her too.

Thernlund
August 14, 2008, 04:06 PM
War reporters have brass balls.

The thing in Georgia is between two professional armies, is it not? As such, I fully expect that the bullet that grazed her was a stray, and that they were not actually shooting at her or the crew. Reporters are very much off limits AFAIK.

-T.

El Tejon
August 14, 2008, 04:09 PM
Must have been a 9mm. If it was a .45acp she would have exploded.:D

Weezy
August 14, 2008, 04:12 PM
Nah, it clearly broke the skin. My guess is .40 S&W

CountGlockula
August 14, 2008, 04:23 PM
Was it from a 7.62x39?

Thernlund
August 14, 2008, 04:24 PM
Was it from a 7.62x39?

That part of the world, no doubt.

-T.

TexasRifleman
August 14, 2008, 04:24 PM
Shoulda put the vest on BEFORE :)

Regen
August 14, 2008, 04:41 PM
It might have been from 5.45mm

buzz_knox
August 14, 2008, 04:58 PM
The thing in Georgia is between two professional armies, is it not? As such, I fully expect that the bullet that grazed her was a stray, and that they were not actually shooting at her or the crew. Reporters are very much off limits AFAIK.

There a lot of "freedom fighters" from South Ossetia following in the Russian army's wake. When they aren't looting, it's not hard to imagine them shooting.

As for reporters being off limits, I doubt the rules that apply to us apply to there. Russian reporters have had a short lifespan for a while, after investigating Putin and his activities.

Treo
August 14, 2008, 05:14 PM
Russian chicks RULE!!!!!

Drgong
August 14, 2008, 05:35 PM
Two professional armies, and irregulars who are less professional.

One tough women...

plexreticle
August 14, 2008, 05:40 PM
Tougher than I am, I would take the hint and unass that AO, not play dress up with my body armor.

esmith
August 14, 2008, 05:43 PM
I wonder what she is saying. Shes pretty good looking for a russian chick, no offense to any russians.

neviander
August 14, 2008, 05:45 PM
That will probably launch her career. Sweet coverage though.

Seminole
Gives new meaning to the old Jakov Smirnoff joke, "Russian women are like buses. . . ! "

everallm
I agree that the war correspondents do tough very well.

There is an ex BBC correspondent called Kate Adie who cut her teeth on the Iranian embassy siege and the SAS in London, Tiananmen Square, Falklands, both Gulf Wars, Yugoslavia break up, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Bosnia etc. Shot at least twice, injured a lot more.

As for as most British Army squaddies were concerned, "If Katies goes there now, we're going there hot next week."

bnkrazy
August 14, 2008, 06:12 PM
She seems kinda proud of it. :)

I'm sure it won't hurt her marketability.

bogie
August 14, 2008, 06:25 PM
From here, it looked like a little more than graze... Grazing entry, with a small separate exit... Way she was moving it, I don't think it got the bone. She was looking more than a little shocky, but generally seemed to be holding it together pretty well.

FourTeeFive
August 14, 2008, 06:30 PM
Lots of very attractive women in the former-USSR republics. Ever seen the Prime Minister of Ukraine?

http://kievukraine.info/prime_minister_ukraine.htm

http://kievukraine.info/photos/tymoshenko_pm.jpg

Very intelligent, classy woman.

Thernlund
August 14, 2008, 06:34 PM
I can see where this thread is going. ;)

-T.

NG VI
August 14, 2008, 06:36 PM
I noticed that as well, it definitely went in and out of her skin but it didn't look like it did any damage she won't recover from. She did very well.

brent376
August 14, 2008, 06:36 PM
Barbara Walters would have flipped out rolling around on the ground.

bragood
August 14, 2008, 06:43 PM
Thats what every woman should strive to be like!

rockinrussky
August 14, 2008, 07:06 PM
She wasn't speaking Russian, but my best guess its Georgian especially given the writing on the screen. A am from Sochi, Russia myself btw.
Here is a link to the article behind the video:
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23532788-details/Video:+Georgian+TV+reporter+shot+by+Russian+sniper+during+live+broadcast+carries+on+with+her+report+with+bleeding+arm/article.do

On another gun related note, there's at least one other televised instance of reporters getting shot/shot at thats listed on the top of the foxnews website. I can't hotlink it, but it shows the western correspondents running away from gunfire.

HIcarry
August 15, 2008, 01:16 AM
She might want to take off that (wedding?) ring in case her hand starts swelling up....

Halo
August 15, 2008, 01:36 AM
Yeah she's not Russian. She is a reporter for Georgian State TV.

bogie
August 15, 2008, 02:08 AM
Well, she still clanks...

Walter W.
August 15, 2008, 02:24 AM
Man, I was expecting her arm to turn to a crimson puff or something because I saw this on another site earlier and it said something like "REPORTER IN GEORGIA SHOT BY SNIPER DURING BROADCAST!" and was not what I thought.

Getting shot must suck regardless though.

gp911
August 15, 2008, 01:03 PM
I like that 1/2 of the posters are like "she's hot!" the other 1/2 are like "I wonder what caliber that was?" (me included... oops...)

THR thread inevitabilities anyone? :D

gp911

CountGlockula
August 15, 2008, 01:29 PM
Here's another one from Turkey: http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe/08/14/journalists.shot/index.html

Heavishot
August 15, 2008, 02:44 PM
Never mind Barbara Walters or CNN info-babes, most of the media's liberal biased male reporters would have been crying like babies followed by a 3 part special series on how all guns should be destroyed.

igorts
August 15, 2008, 02:51 PM
another interview for your consideration:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Boq-_9JJXKo
other side of the story.

listen to the end...so-called freedom of speech in action.
what Media/government does not want us to know...

He tried hard...

Pat-inCO
August 15, 2008, 03:22 PM
What's the big deal? I've gotten larger "nicks" from splash at the plate rack. If they were trying to shoot her ...........

SFvet
August 15, 2008, 08:24 PM
Yea she was one heck of a troop. The wound was right underneath the skin through and through. She definitely had a guardian angel watching over her thats for sure. She was very cute too :cool:

cslinger
August 15, 2008, 09:31 PM
Yeah, well I can take a hint and getting shot is my hint to pack my sh...ahhh stuff and get the heck out of dodge.

rockinrussky
August 16, 2008, 09:34 AM
Here's a link to another video of FOX and other western reporters getting shot at. As best I can tell none of them get shot but it definitely shows that the SHTF. The actual scene starts at 0:45 into this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8FajNEaxwc

It shows that neither side is really the good guys in some cases.

combatantr2
August 16, 2008, 10:26 AM
Well, thats all whats Europe got nice good looking women. But wars still has to be fought and won by the West, what a bunch of @#2@\$!! EU cannot even help little Georgia :cuss:.

Jeff F
August 16, 2008, 10:43 AM
wonder what she is saying. Shes pretty good looking for a Russian chick, no offense to any russians.

I take it you have not been around very many Russian chicks.
Most all the ones I have met were on the hot side.

If you enjoyed reading about "Reporter Is Grazed by Bullet in Georgia and Keeps Reporting" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!