One tax stamp? Two? Three?

PDA

Hardware
August 14, 2008, 08:11 PM
Just a question out of curiosity since I live in NFA free Delaware...

If I have an M-16 with the happy switch and I buy a 10 inch upper with a suppressor fitted is that still one tax stamp, two or three?

If you enjoyed reading about "One tax stamp? Two? Three?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CaptMac
August 14, 2008, 08:17 PM
Two (2)

Crunker1337
August 14, 2008, 08:18 PM
Is the receiver or the DIAS registered?
The suppressor is one stamp period.
If the receiver is registered, then, IMO (I'm not a lawyer), you should be able to get away with putting the 10" upper onto that without worries. Unless, of course, you have another lower onto which that upper might fit.

TexasRifleman
August 14, 2008, 08:27 PM
If the receiver is registered, then, IMO (I'm not a lawyer), you should be able to get away with putting the 10" upper onto that without worries.

Yes, machineguns don't have to be registered as SBRs also.

But, if it's a registered sear the 10" barrel can only be there as long as the registered sear (or RLL or whatever) is installed in the host.

Once the host is no longer a machinegun it becomes an SBR.

I have this stupidity myself. I have an RLL that will fit in 2 rifles. I have to be careful to take the uppers off first, before removing the RLL..... :rolleyes:

If you enjoyed reading about "One tax stamp? Two? Three?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!