Gun Shop Names

PDA

ieszu
August 14, 2008, 08:27 PM
I find myself asking you all because I can not think of anything worthwhile on my own.... and THR generally has great advice.

After much searching, I finally found a piece of property, and am negotiating the lease for a gun shop and repair facility (full service). I am stuck on the most important part of the whole deal.... the NAME!

The two I have come up with are as follows (with explanation just after):

1) Honest Abe's

Abe is my first name.... but given that the store is going to be south of the Mason-Dixon line, I am not sure how that would work with the other "Honest Abe" (Lincoln).

2) Bloodbath and Beyond

Pure copyright infringement of "Bed Bath and Beyond".... but can you imagine a shop full of EBR's and Com-bloc weapons? It was not an real possibility, but I had to mention it. :evil:

Any info you guys need to help me come up with a name, just let me know.

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun Shop Names" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
GEM
August 14, 2008, 08:40 PM
Bloodbath, etc. was already used on an episode of the Simpsons where Homer buys a gun and hilarity ensues.

I suggest "Hole in One of You"

Loomis
August 14, 2008, 08:44 PM
guns R us

der gewehr galore

abe's bang bang shop

yaegermeister max

abe's full service bang bang shop...LOL

The_Sheriff
August 14, 2008, 08:44 PM
Alcohol Tobacco & Firearm Superstore

Abe's Trading Post sounds good to me.

ieszu
August 14, 2008, 08:45 PM
Bloodbath, etc. was already used on an episode of the Simpsons where Homer buys a gun and hilarity ensues.

Really? I haven't watched the Simpsons.... just never appealed to me... Any idea on more normal type names?

Nate C.
August 14, 2008, 08:53 PM
Abe's Emporium
Specializing Mainly in Manly and Martial Mercantile
Honest Abe, Proprietor

We don't rent pigs.

CU74
August 14, 2008, 08:53 PM
Even below the Mason-Dixon Line, a name like Bloodbath and Beyond is likely to tweak a few sensibilities and lead to more grief that you want to put up with. While the more effeminate GFWs would likely need smelling salts, the more experienced Anti-Rights activists would see that name as both an opportunity and a challenge, (as would more than a few BATFE weasels). Why look for trouble?

I'm not good at dreaming up names. Guns & Goodies? Firearms and Fixin's? Homeland Security? Good luck in your new endeavor.........

lamazza
August 14, 2008, 09:01 PM
Liberty's Teeth.
Liberty's Toy Store

PhilA
August 14, 2008, 09:04 PM
I know, kinda like saying I'm a lawyer or a salesman. ;)

But seriously, I write ads and come up with company and product names all day long.

My first question to a client is, what kind of image are you trying to portray? What kind of clientele are you after? Will you focus on the self-defense shooters? The hunters?

In other words, tell me a little more about your shop and how you want people to feel and think about it when they hear the business name.

Feel free to PM me if you want.

ieszu
August 14, 2008, 09:11 PM
PhilA -

I am a young guy (late 20's), clean cut and married.
I am focusing more on the self-defense clientele... seems to be the needs of the area.

I will be stressing knowledge, customer service and decent prices, as well as focusing on the needs of the female customers and everyone else who walks in the door. I want a warm place where people can relax and enjoy themselves, while still getting a darn good deal and perhaps learn something.

In other words, I will run it as a business (not a old-boys club), but with a fun side to it.

Anything else you need?

Rokyudai
August 14, 2008, 09:14 PM
Abe's Gun and Pancake Emporium- You will sell pancakes yes?

:D:D:D:D:D Abe's Gunlimited!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Majic
August 14, 2008, 09:20 PM
Abe's Gunshop. Simple and easy to remember. It covers all the bases so anyone looking for a gun or something gun related will pay you a visit. Don't limit yourself by the name. No matter who you are looking to cater to don't alienate the other shooters. You can always special order things for them. Don't turn a dollar away.

Poor East Texan
August 14, 2008, 09:21 PM
Abe's Gun Emporium

Floppy_D
August 14, 2008, 09:26 PM
I always thought "Bullseye" was a cool name for a gunstore, but I never seen one. Has a positive connotation to it. "Polite Society" would be cool too.

eagle45
August 14, 2008, 09:27 PM
Abe's Armory?

Abe's Arsenal?

Orange_Magnum
August 14, 2008, 09:27 PM
Abe's concealed carry guns

Blackbeard
August 14, 2008, 09:28 PM
Abe's Shooting Supply

My guess is you'll bring in more from selling other stuff than just guns.

Oh wait.....that would have just an awful abbreviation....nevermind.

P.S. Abe's Arms and Ammunition (AAA) much better.

tpaw
August 14, 2008, 09:31 PM
After much searching, I finally found a piece of property, and am negotiating the lease for a gun shop and repair facility (full service).

Does the gun shop already exist? If so, it's generally wise to keep the original name. That's what previous customers will recognize it as being. Changing the name will cause confusion and a possible drop off of customers.
If there was no precvious name, keep it simple and easy to remember: The Gun Shop.

ieszu
August 14, 2008, 09:33 PM
Does the gun shop already exist?

It does not exist at this time.... It will be a new place, so there will be no history.

Floppy_D
August 14, 2008, 09:41 PM
+1 Abe's Arms and Ammo.

HeadlandRam
August 14, 2008, 09:42 PM
General Lee's gun shop

General Lee's arsenal

Brady's hatred

Abraham's

How bout for a commercial have a guy dress up like abe and
say " All men are created equal, but not all rifles"

DWARREN123
August 14, 2008, 09:53 PM
Citizen Gun Shop
Abe's Trading Post
2nd Admendment Shop
Gun's and More
Freedoms Firearms

bcp
August 14, 2008, 09:54 PM
Firearms Recycling Center

The Powder House

Abe's Armory

Gunny Shack

Brass Rain
August 14, 2008, 09:55 PM
Abe's Arms and Ammo sounds good to me. +1 to that.

Hardware
August 14, 2008, 10:01 PM
Geez, nobody's suggested Molon Abe?

Able Arms
Abe's Arms
Shotguns, Rifles and Handguns (just in case there was a question about what you sell)
Self Defense and Sporting Supply House (Doesn't really roll off the tongue, does it?)
Rifleman's Warehouse

TAB
August 14, 2008, 10:03 PM
Bang, Bang!

General Geoff
August 14, 2008, 10:04 PM
Combine the two in the OP:

Honest Abe's Bloodbath & Beyond. :)

f4t9r
August 14, 2008, 10:11 PM
I was thinking Abe's Gunshop also.
Abe's Shooting Suppies
Abe's Outfitters
Abe's Gun World
My best one is Abe's & Babes, Have some nice looking girls work the shop

Drgong
August 14, 2008, 10:21 PM
The Armory,

Abe's Arsenal

Molon labe - Come and get them!

Abes Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms and Explosives

enfield303
August 14, 2008, 10:24 PM
the Boom Boom Room.

CrawdaddyJim
August 14, 2008, 10:46 PM
Gun Depot

You can kill it. We can help. :)

Might get you sued tho.

Jim

Run&Shoot
August 14, 2008, 10:49 PM
There was a local class III shop named "Fairly Honest Don's Machinegun Parlor." Obviously their specialty was all sorts of machineguns but also carried an assortment of pistols, revolvers and rifles. Most of it was defense or fun to shoot oriented.

Another shop is called the Powder Horn and is a good place for blackpowder arms and supplies, although they carry several modern pieces, too.

If you know you want to focus on self defense (and I would recommend combat shooting sports) then a name which conveys that orientation would be helpful to catch those customers' attention.

A few ideas:
- Precision Shooting
- Combat Equipment
- Defense Guns and Gear

JackBurtonJr
August 14, 2008, 11:11 PM
Step by step instructions...

surf over to www.411.com

in the "business" side type in the word "firearms" (without the quote marks) in the space labeled Name or Category. In the state box anything will do, I used TX.

Click on "search"

On the next page click on the button labeled Guns & Gunsmiths and then Find.

On the far left side there is a column labeled "refine your search". Scroll down to the bottom of that and you'll see a row of number boxes from 1 to 5.

Click on box 5 (nationwide).

Now in that same column you'll see the names of the states, along with the number of gunshops listed per state. Click on any state and you'll have all the "names" from which you can possible steal a good idea.

And check your own state to see if any you want are already taken.

Rmart30
August 14, 2008, 11:15 PM
I would say TARGET would be a good one...but i see lawsuits in the future with it....LOL

Honest Abes trading post or armory ...everyone can remember honest abe.

... Bullseye supply.... Plinkers...
Targets r us.... The Arsenal... The ordinance store

Huddog
August 14, 2008, 11:26 PM
With Abe's Arms and Ammo you're pretty well assured of 1st place in the yellow pages.

cpttango30
August 14, 2008, 11:39 PM
Abe's Arms and Supply. Or

Abe's Self defence and Guns.

Anything you need to protect and Defend.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l134/cpttango30/Abes.png http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l134/cpttango30/Abes2.png

drivingman
August 14, 2008, 11:45 PM
How about "ABES SHOOTEM UP SHOP"! As I was reading the posts & this is what stuck out to me!I'm a ffl dealer and want you to know it's tough trying to start a new shop.It takes a while to build your clientel,One thing I would caution you about is keep it simple and don't try and get to big right off start small !It will take a lot to get it off the ground and your overhead(lights,lease, phone ,inventory,ect!)will be a big chunk of your sales!Remember it will take several sales before you start making any money!The first 5 years of any new business is the hardest!Good luck on your endevors.Caution sometimes you won't make as much as you think!

mike724
August 14, 2008, 11:51 PM
My favorite was always "Ernie's Uzis", in Key Largo.
Good luck, Abe!

pistolero6869
August 14, 2008, 11:52 PM
I dont know if this was suggested " The Gun Runner"

JonF
August 14, 2008, 11:57 PM
Will there be a range on site as well? If so, how about:

Kill Some Time Pistol Range

ArmedLiberal
August 15, 2008, 12:01 AM
It's gotta be Abe's Gun Emporium.

Sounds like an upstanding, trustworthy place.

And in small print underneath "Molon Abe"

Love that line....

JD_Ruger_fan
August 15, 2008, 01:35 AM
Freedom Abe's

sanglant
August 15, 2008, 01:35 AM
I always thought "Bullseye" was a cool name for a gunstore, but I never seen one. It's on hwy10 in NC, if you want ill hunt the address :evil:

ReadyontheRight
August 15, 2008, 02:10 AM
I am also in the advertising, marketing and "brand-naming" business. Make sure you get a name where you can get a website URL that will work and that you will not have to change because someone else already has it.

I will think about this. pm me if you want to bounce around ideas.

Congrats on the new business! IMHO, the most important aspect of the name is to get something you will not have to change, either because of lawsuits or growth.

Best of luck with the venture!

230RN
August 15, 2008, 03:40 AM
Lots of good suggestions and advice. I'd avoid bloodthirsty or vengeful names, and I'd be sensitive to the "Honest Abe" connotations in the south, as you pointed out.

Seems to me the newest market in firearms is in the non-"professional" self-defense area --that is, the first-time gun purchaser. I could be wrong there, but a name that reflects home and personal defense would target this market and allow you to diversify a little into other things like sprays and alarms --not whole systems, but like doorstop alarms and the like.

"First Line of Defense Firearms" kind of brings out what I mean, but I don't feel overly creative this evening.

rrflyer
August 15, 2008, 03:46 AM
I was gonna suggest something like

Finger Bang Firearms

But that wouldn't be to PC i guess.

I like bullseye the best thus far.

mnrivrat
August 15, 2008, 04:10 AM
One other way to go is to look around the community to see if there is a feature that fits.

For example if your land has a creek running through it you might use something like Trout Creek Guns & Ammo , Or if it is at the base of a hill area Cedar Hill Pistol & Rifle Supply.

Sometimes the county or city names can be a good call Badger County Guns & Ammo or Cedar Springs Rifle & Pistol Shop

Sometime the partner thing works well Abe & Mary's Pistol & Ammo Supply or Abe & Son Guns & Ammo

Sometimes a nice catch is to use animal names such as Buck & Doe Shooting Supplies or Black Hawk Guns & Ammo or Little Raven Pistol & Shooting Supplies

If self defense is a main issue perhaps Abes Defensive Guns & Gear

I too would avoid the blood and guts type names or the honest Abe reference, as well as I think Emporium type names are attempts to show some sort of upscale business rather than a down home type presentation - I think Emporiums are best left to the large city and downtown area's of upscale communities.

halfbreed808
August 15, 2008, 04:27 AM
"Abe's Self Defence Equiptment & Supplies":)

sanglant
August 15, 2008, 07:19 AM
Abe's unCommon Sense Gun Shoppe?

kevindsingleton
August 15, 2008, 07:34 AM
Guns! Guns! Guns!

or

Mall Ninja Outfitters

or

Practical Tactical

bigfatdave
August 15, 2008, 08:20 AM
Defense Depot?
"2A" firearms? [works better if you have another "A" name in the place ... last name starts with A?]

Abe's RKBA empowerment center?
Abe's Target&Hunting?
Abe's fine firearms?
Abe's Ammo and Arms?
Abe Arms Anyone?
Abe's Armament?

Use one of mine and I want goodies.
Walther magazines for P1 and/or P22 would be nice.

C&R
August 15, 2008, 09:34 AM
Don't use your name in the company name. You can us a name if you want just not yours. I worked at a place that used the name Jack's for the name. The owner was George. It was easy to spot scammers and pretenders.

I vote for using a descriptive name - one that you can get the domain name for.

bikerdoc
August 15, 2008, 09:44 AM
Keep it simple and to the point

Use the town, county, area, or an animal name, in the name

____________ Gun Shop

Cedar Hill Gun Shop,
Wolf gun and ammo

Wolf, buck,

Owens
August 15, 2008, 10:07 AM
Old South Gun & Supply

SCKimberFan
August 15, 2008, 10:24 AM
First Line of Defense

Second Amendment Store

Mp7
August 15, 2008, 10:27 AM
Hmm... like the other Adman said:

you need to sum up what u wanna express,
who u wanna adress etc.

a coupla brainstormy ideas for "brand" names:

- Firecenter(/centerfire.)

- Calibercountry.

- 2nd Abemendment.

- Kimme&Korn ( german for backsight & frontsight)

- Scharfschuetze ( marksman/sharpsooter)

- Citizenīs Armory.

- Sturmgewehr - "anything that shoots."

- Full Metal Jackīs

.....but as i said, no briefing - no solutions :)

cheers Mp7.

ieszu
August 15, 2008, 11:24 AM
Use the town, county, area, or an animal name, in the name

While I understand your reasoning, it does kind of limit my options if I have to move to a new location or open a second store (A guy has to have dreams).

But I do want to keep it simple, and I understand not using my own name because of scammers... although it is pretty easy to figure out who they are, as I pretty much only use "Abe" in the gun world... I answer to it, but it helps me keep track of who knows me through whom.

Gadget
August 15, 2008, 11:30 AM
I lean toward the name ACME Arms and Accessories. Just seeing ACME on a box or sign out front would bring back fond memories of a company that could supply anything in a certain Warner Brothers cartoon series. ;)

Deer Hunter
August 15, 2008, 11:36 AM
I've always dreamed of owning a book shop/gun store. Sounds dumb, but follow me here.

It'll be called The Armed Bookworm, with the sign being your standard cartoon bookworm (glasses, coming out of an apple, reading a book) with an AR-15 resting against the apple.

I'd sell used and new books, as well as new and used firearms. Kind of a "Knowledge is Power" feel to the place.

REPOMAN
August 15, 2008, 11:48 AM
How about " Root'n Toot'n Shoot'n Supply " ? :D:D:D

kentucky_smith
August 15, 2008, 12:05 PM
Great Guns!

SuperNaut
August 15, 2008, 12:09 PM
Molon Aabe's

Justin
August 15, 2008, 12:14 PM
FWIW, I have a standing policy of never doing business with places that have terms like "Honest," "Trustworthy", "Truth" or "Good" in the name. If the place truly embodies those principles, there would be no need to advertise it.

And the places that generally have to tell you that they're the above, as a general rule, aren't. I've also found the same to be true of people who slap an Icthus on their ads.

jerkface11
August 15, 2008, 12:16 PM
What no one suggested Ammunation?

hksw
August 15, 2008, 12:20 PM
Lead Pushers
Lead Propellers
We Make Holes
If You're Looking For Matresses, Don't Come In Here
Abe's Mini Mega Gun Store

.cheese.
August 15, 2008, 12:20 PM
I like ATF Superstore.

Be sure to sell alcohol and tobacco as well. :)

tinygnat219
August 15, 2008, 12:21 PM
I have a couple, but I am keeping them to myself.

I always liked simple:

VA Arms (here in VA)
Guns and Ammo Warehouse (here in VA).

That said, something like:

Abe's Hunting and Shooting Supplies

Merl's Shooting supplies

Merl's Gun Store

Merl's Tacticool Shop.

El Barto
August 15, 2008, 12:44 PM
Hmmm, a good name depends on your location, intended clientele and how visible you want to be. If you are in an area that you want/need to be inconspicuous, something along the lines of Abe’s Outfitters, but if you are in a friendly area, then have at it.

How about:
Abe's Anti-Yankee Outfitters
Southern Shooters
Southern Outfitters

kentucky_smith
August 15, 2008, 12:53 PM
FWIW, I have a standing policy of never doing business with places that have terms like "Honest," "Trustworthy", "Truth" or "Good" in the name. If the place truly embodies those principles, there would be no need to advertise it

I almost bought a car once from Lying Lee's Used Cars.

Hud
August 15, 2008, 01:00 PM
The Brass Monkey
or
C.O.Jones

MJRW
August 15, 2008, 01:01 PM
As much as we want our businesses to reflect ourselves, I've often found that putting one's name right in the name of the store comes off a bit campy. However, I do think that business should have right in the name what they do. Given that, I'd suggest a reference to Arms, Firearms, Armory, Personal Defense, and so on. I've liked people's references to citizens. With all that in mind, Citizen's Armory has an interesting ring and name, in my opinion.

Oh, and if we just want to go all out camp and honesty: "Holy crap! We've got #%$@ing guns in here! Break yourself!"

FourNineFoxtrot
August 15, 2008, 01:04 PM
"Six For Sure"

It does have a revolver-focused connotation, though. And might not be the clearest name to the many who've never heard the phrase. But it amuses me, and that's really the point.

Also, consider:

Boomsticks Unlimited

Weaponarium

Center Mass

If you're really into obscure references, I've always though the opening to Virgil's Aeneid would make a great gun store name:
Arma Virumque Cano

Deer Hunter- Man, I thought I was the only one who dreamed of opening a bookstore/gunshop. But The Foxtrot Librarmory (I just made that up) would have one up on The Armed Bookworm: We would serve coffee! And maybe have a smoking room, for cigar-smokers.

Seriously, we should either go halves on this place, or at least make sure we don't end up building in the same town.

Edit: On second thought, hands off "Arma Virumque Cano". I'm keeping that one.

*uses Jedi mind-trick*
"This is not the name you're looking for..."

Stump Water
August 15, 2008, 01:09 PM
But I do want to keep it simple...

"The Gun Shop"

iowajones
August 15, 2008, 01:12 PM
I'm liking the boomsticks suggestion!
How about: "Bear Arms" (with a bear for the logo) or "Bare Arms" (with a flexing biceps logo)?

Rugerlvr
August 15, 2008, 01:14 PM
I thought I was the only one who dreamed of opening a bookstore/gunshop.

Peggy Hill and Dale Gribble beat y'all to it. ;)

FourNineFoxtrot
August 15, 2008, 01:18 PM
Rugerlvr-

I've been beaten to the punch by... King of the Hill?!

That settles it. All good ideas have now been officially co-opted by cartoons. So I give up. Also, I think I need to go cry now.

Rugerlvr
August 15, 2008, 01:48 PM
FNF, yeah, it was Peggy's Books & Guns. - A very funny episode.

Weezy
August 15, 2008, 05:15 PM
What no one suggested Ammunation?

Clicked thread to post this :)

Abe's Outpost
The Quartermaster
Crazy Abe's RKBA Emporium :p

Deer Hunter
August 15, 2008, 05:18 PM
Foxtrot!

I was thinking of serving coffee too!

rritter
August 15, 2008, 05:52 PM
If you want to use your name:

Abe's Armory
Abe's Arsenal

If not:
Guns, Guns, Guns and Deer - have to keep some venison jerky on hand :-)
Hoglegs 'r' Us

CoRoMo
August 15, 2008, 05:56 PM
GUNS, LIQUOR, & BAIL BONDS
Repeat Customer Always Welcome

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

bruss01
August 15, 2008, 05:58 PM
Abe's Big Bang
Firearms supplies and service
"We aim to please... you aim too, please!"

kentucky_smith
August 15, 2008, 06:51 PM
With apologies to Jared Diamond.

If you just happened to sell tackle too.

Guns, Worms and Reel.

Scanr
August 15, 2008, 07:00 PM
How about:

Slugems
High Caliber
WMD's
Rough Shot (used gun store)
Powder Room

Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow
August 15, 2008, 07:02 PM
I like Abe's Trading Post.

abe's bang bang shop

Classic! I would love to see that become reality. :)

wuluf
August 15, 2008, 07:09 PM
Abe's Arms.

We Aim to Please!

DRYHUMOR
August 15, 2008, 07:15 PM
Poppa Cap's Gunshop

Arcin Primer's Guns Galore

The Bull Barrel

FourNineFoxtrot
August 15, 2008, 07:19 PM
Deer Hunter-

Jeez, I just can't get an edge on the competition. Weird how we had the same idea. You wouldn't happen to be my evil twin brother, would you?

Oh, wait... I'm the evil one...

Deer Hunter
August 15, 2008, 07:59 PM
What, no room for two evil twins?

Justin
August 15, 2008, 08:49 PM
With apologies to Jared Diamond.

If you just happened to sell tackle too.

Guns, Worms and Reel.

That's just abysmally terrible. :D

younganddumb
August 15, 2008, 09:26 PM
not sure if it was mentioned or not but seeing as you want to focus on self-defence I would say "sic vis pacis para bellum" if you want peace prepare for war

Floppy_D
August 15, 2008, 09:34 PM
Not "We Aim to Please," but "We're Pleased to Aim". :)

Stevie-Ray
August 16, 2008, 01:11 AM
Arms Over (state or town)
Arms Across "
The Smoke Wagon
Pistol Palace
The Powder Keg
Reloader's Roundup

Cacafuego
August 16, 2008, 01:55 AM
Gun Depot

You can kill it. We can help.

For the win!

I'd pay 5% higher prices to shop there.

RP88
August 16, 2008, 02:34 AM
if you are the only one in that area, maybe name it after said area?

_________ Guns and ammo

_________ Sport and Gun

_________ Armory/Arsenal

or...for the sensationalist within:

"The Exit Wound", LLC

Kind of Blued
August 16, 2008, 07:47 AM
Anything "cute" or "clever" that you decide on, be prepared to have every other customer that walks through the door every day for the rest of your life mention how "cute" or "clever" the name of your shop is.

Said "customer" will then proceed to ask to handle four different guns and leave, having bought nothing.

Lookn4Brass
August 16, 2008, 08:58 AM
I second the motion on Polite Society. Floppy D has a good one.

crackhead
August 16, 2008, 09:02 AM
Abes anti-zombie supplies

Flyboy
August 16, 2008, 10:14 AM
Freedom's Trading Post
Liberty's Teeth Trading Post
A Well-Armed Lamb

R.W.Dale
August 16, 2008, 10:55 AM
The squashed possum.

knockoff of a local hippie food store called "the squash blossom"

Lewis130
August 16, 2008, 11:15 AM
Abe's: Arms Ammo and Affability.
If you're not going to aliterate, try and use the word 'ordnance'. I like that word.

SuperNaut
August 16, 2008, 11:43 AM
The Tactical Wheelbarrow

Weezy
August 16, 2008, 12:45 PM
The Powder Keg

tntwatt
August 16, 2008, 01:04 PM
FREEDOM ARMS

ABE'S SELF RELIANCE CENTER-we specialize in personal arms.

crushbup
August 16, 2008, 01:21 PM
Make it luau themed:
Aloha Abe's Alanui Arsenal

papajohn
August 16, 2008, 01:25 PM
Big Abe's Terrific Firearms Emporium"

PJ

ants
August 16, 2008, 01:31 PM
A pharmacist in town on Charleston Boulevard had the word Drugs in large letters on his sign. When he added a sporting goods section to the store, he had the sign company put the word Guns above it. Then he added beer and wine, so the sign man put the word Liquor at the bottom.

For years, the big sign said:

Guns
Drugs
&
Liquor

It always made us chuckle to drive down Charleston and see that sign. He retired a few years ago and the new owner changed the sign.

jahwarrior
August 16, 2008, 01:54 PM
2A Sales

"come and get them!"

Intune
August 16, 2008, 02:24 PM
Abe's Arms
.... &
Hog's Legs

;)

younganddumb
August 16, 2008, 02:50 PM
Free Guns! ...tommrow

it will get them in there

blackcash88
August 16, 2008, 04:49 PM
Bucky O'Neal's Fine Firearms.

ieszu
August 17, 2008, 09:23 AM
Been following everyone's suggestions....Decided that I am not going to use my name, so no "Abe" in the title. Also, I agree that words like "honest, trustworthy, fair" in the titles is stressing something that should be self-evident if I am doing my job right.

I am still not sure what I am going to select... but I want to thank you for all your suggestions, and would appreciate any others you might have.

kentucky bucky
August 17, 2008, 09:28 AM
How about "First Freedom Guns"

dalepres
August 17, 2008, 11:12 AM
Fo-Tay-Stay-Shun

9s-R-Us

dalepres
August 17, 2008, 11:13 AM
Guns
Drugs
&
Liquor

The guy didn't sell Tobacco?

rugerman07
August 17, 2008, 11:24 AM
Abe's Guns & Ammo

Mike J
August 17, 2008, 12:20 PM
How about ______ Bullseye Supply. You could insert the name of the county, state or a nearby body of water in the blank. Example Chattahoochee Bullseye Supply then smaller underneath Firearms. Ammunition. Gunsmith Services. I believe once people know you are there your best advertising will be word of mouth anyway. How you treat people whether or not your prices are fair & your service good will matter much more than the name on the sign.

papajohn
August 17, 2008, 02:58 PM
Okay, how about a different version of BATFE...............

Ballistic Adventures That Foster Enjoyment! :D

PJ

blackcash88
August 17, 2008, 03:02 PM
The Gun Lodge

Weezy
August 17, 2008, 03:15 PM
The Hammer Drop

acdodd
August 17, 2008, 03:28 PM
I always thought "Bullseye" was a cool name for a gun store, but I never seen one.

Bullseye in Tacoma WA. is where the DC snipers got their guns if I remember correctly.

Just call the place Abe's.
Everyone will know in just a short time and that's what everyone will call it anyhow.
AC

Phydeaux642
August 17, 2008, 03:35 PM
"Operator's Outpost"

chipp
August 17, 2008, 07:23 PM
Guns N Abe

There is a shop for sale about 30 minutes north of Center city

SCKimberFan
August 17, 2008, 07:28 PM
Decided that I am not going to use my name, so no "Abe" in the title.

If that's the case, call it Fred's Gun Emporium (or George's or Frank's, etc) :D

That way whenever salesman come in they'll ask for Fred and you can always respond he's not in.

ShowMeState1977
August 17, 2008, 11:52 PM
Call it Yo Mama's Guns and Gear

So when somebody asks, where did you get your gun, they can say Yo Mama's!

mossberg
August 18, 2008, 01:45 AM
Adamant Abe's shootem up shop.

flynlr
August 18, 2008, 04:43 AM
Cannon Ball Gun

Claude Clay
August 18, 2008, 11:26 AM
LSB
lock, stock & barrel

and of course you must have the movie in stock.

with appoligies to Loomis:
The Bang Gang Shop

CZ.22
August 18, 2008, 01:17 PM
Hmm. I don't really have that many good shop names without knowing what state you're in. But here is some advice:

Have a well stocked gun counter, long guns on racks behind, pistols in glass case. Have plenty of every type of gun, and plenty of ammo, including speciality brands and calibers. (Buffalo Bore and .32 S&WL, for instance)

Have a big, well stocked knife counter. All of the biggest brands. Try and keep your prices comparable to, say, Knifecenter.com's prices.

Have real Army surplus. Doesn't matter what army, but milsurp, not "military like" stuff.

Have some outdoor gear and clothing.

Put up some movie posters: Lethal Weapon, Die Hard, James Bond, various war movies, etc.

Have some stuff for the kids. Rubber band guns (you know, the newfangled ones with the plastic cogs) high quality cap guns (Paris makes the best) maybe some action figures, and some toy knives (wood are better than plastic, and you can make them yourself.) A big fishtank never hurts either.

Have an area to sit down, with a few couches and free coffee and soft drinks, like at a car dealership. A big TV tuned to football or a hunting video wouldn't hurt either. Neither would an arcade game: it would also help keep the kids occupied, and brong in some money.

Decorate. Most gun stores I've been in have concrete floors and walls void of any decoration. Paint the floors, at the very least, or better yet, put down the wood-like plastic stuff.

Have a dog. A nice, friendly, cute dog, leashed to the counter, that people can pet.

Justin
August 18, 2008, 01:52 PM
I almost bought a car once from Lying Lee's Used Cars.

HA! So you found the one honest car salesman in the country.

ieszu
August 18, 2008, 02:30 PM
Hmm. I don't really have that many good shop names without knowing what state you're in. But here is some advice:

I guess it would be safe to say near Atlanta... I was looking at DFW, but there didn't seem to be any spaces available that made sense financially.

I should be finalizing the lease this week, once that is done I will make the announcement.

blackcash88
August 18, 2008, 02:37 PM
Hotlanta Guns and Accessories

Peach's Pistols

Lewis130
August 18, 2008, 02:49 PM
Everyone says the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms should be a shop, not a government institution: well, nows your chance!

gregormeister
August 18, 2008, 03:51 PM
Semi, single, Autos And More!!!

Vegaslaith
August 18, 2008, 09:03 PM
I like the name Liberty's Teeth. You could include the quote:"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
George Washington--on your business card. Its memorable I think.

Sackett
August 22, 2008, 12:23 AM
Sometimes my mind keeps working on a problem long after I give up. I read your OP days ago and this just popped into my head this morning. You're in the South, and you want to give people the feeling that it's a great comfortable place to hang out and buy guns. Not to mention the comfort we all feel with our trusty 2A friend within reach.

If it was mine I'd call it:

"Southern Comfort" - Your place for Guns Ammo and Gear.

And BTW: +1 for a book shop and walk-in humidor :)

freakshow10mm
August 22, 2008, 12:43 AM
Ah, the picking of a business name. The memories. Good luck. It's harder than people think.

762 shooter
August 22, 2008, 06:37 AM
I used to go to a shop many years ago that is closed now.

THE GUNNERY

RoadkingLarry
August 22, 2008, 10:44 AM
K.I.S.S.
The Gun Store
I'm going to The Gun Store.
I got this at The Gun Store.
The Gun Store carries those.
The Gun Store can order that for you.
I'm going to buy my next gun from The Gun Store
I'm almost out of ammo, guess I'll stop at The Gun Store on the way home from work.

JWF III
August 22, 2008, 05:10 PM
I didn't read through all 6 pages, but "Bullseye" has been done. Located in Lawrenceville, GA, just off the square. If you want to go where they think their **** don't stink. It's the place for you. Went once, nice selection, but they're very proud. And they show it in their prices, and absolutely no hagaling on the price. Too bad for them, I'll never go back.

Poor East Texan
August 22, 2008, 11:22 PM
Iffin' you ever get to Bryan/College Station, TX be sure to check out Champion Firearms!!! Nice guys/LOTS of nice guns/what seemed to be VERY fair pricing. What was not to LIKE?

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun Shop Names" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!