Why are we getting involved?

PDA

LJ-MosinFreak-Buck
August 15, 2008, 08:21 PM
Sorry this is off topic, but I've got to ask and express my utmost anger.

WHY ARE WE INVOLVED IN THE RUSSO-GEORGIAN CONFLICT?

Why can't we just leave our nose out of the world's business. We don't need to go to war with Russia either, we've got all of our forces in the Middle East. Can't our leaders learn to think before acting? Aren't we supposed to be an isolationist country?

Anyway, go to CNN.com/video and look up
"Rice:Russian troops must leave"

If you enjoyed reading about "Why are we getting involved?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jorg Nysgerrig
August 15, 2008, 08:23 PM
Go ask here: http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/

SCKimberFan
August 15, 2008, 08:25 PM
Because Georgia assisted us in Afghanistan and Iraq with more troops than virtually every other country. They are one of the true allies we have in Eastern Europe.

Ben_Tucci
August 15, 2008, 08:26 PM
I would think the fact that Georgia is a democracy that has supported us would be enough reason to back them against Russia. Russia has shown that even when it decided to pretend to give democracy a chance it was really just a thin veneer disguising a desire to re-establish itself as a world super power with no real respect for its own citizens, free enterprise, or basic human rights anywhere. That would just be my .02

Hook686
August 15, 2008, 08:26 PM
:eek: I agree ... I think it not good to tangle with the Ruskie's ... my M1 Carbine would offer me little defensive security. What do you plan to use ?:scrutiny:

Let's see, we spent about a trillion dollars reshaping Iraq. Iraq has spent very little. Iraq has recently asked us to give them a time table for our withdrawal ... the sooner the better they say. Iraq just signed a big oil contract with China.

hmmm do you ever get the idea the the U.S. is too easy to milk and maybe Georgia had the same idea ? Maybe those 2,000 troops they put in Iraq, supported by the U.S., are there in hopes of manipulating 300,000 so they can secure the region they want to control. Maybe.

What firearm are you going to use against this major power ?

ants
August 15, 2008, 08:39 PM
What firearm are you going to use against this major power ? Well, at least hook686 tried to relate this to guns and THR.

Justin
August 15, 2008, 08:47 PM
This has nothing to do with guns or shooting.

If you enjoyed reading about "Why are we getting involved?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!