A 209 possibility?

PDA

P95Carry
September 2, 2003, 04:27 PM
Occurred to me today ..... whilst loading some shot shells ....... the 209 primer is pretty potent ... certainly when compared with a small pistol for instance.

Just idly speculating the possibilities of this being a sole propellant ... sorta like a CB cap category or better ...... must be enough gas generated to do useful work.

Any thoughts? Anyone ever tried to mod an old piece for instance and try it out. I'd guess maybe small cal and even perhaps a mod to something like an old air rifle .... and use this to launch a pellet.

What say you ......

If you enjoyed reading about "A 209 possibility?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
KP95DAO
September 3, 2003, 02:46 PM
Perhaps you have missed the bbls FAC is selling for pistols which use a shotgun primer to power a plastic dart (with or without metal tip). I will get one of these to play with one of these days.

P95Carry
September 3, 2003, 03:19 PM
Hmmm .... definitely missed that one! Sounds interesting. Any more info .... or a link??

KP95DAO
September 4, 2003, 03:47 PM
WWW.gunsnstuff.net

It is called Dartconv9 or dartconv45

It is on page three in the Aug catalog.

P95Carry
September 4, 2003, 04:36 PM
K95 ... many thx!! Appreciate it.

If you enjoyed reading about "A 209 possibility?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!