Hart Bullets

PDA

Coot
September 2, 2003, 05:24 PM
Has anyone here had any experience with these bullets in .243 (70gr HPBT)? A friend who doesn't reload for that caliber gave me 5-6 boxes, and I wondered if anyone has any experience with them, or could suggest some pet loads with that bullet in .243 Win.

Thanks for your replies!

If you enjoyed reading about "Hart Bullets" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
GooseGestapo
September 3, 2003, 11:40 AM
A friend of mine who is recently deceased used quite a few of them through his .24" Bench guns. He related that they were in same league as Berger, Shilen, and Euber bench rest bullets.
He shot most through a 6mm PPC, and rest through 6mm Rem.BR.
I suggest you try IMR-4350 in .243, or H4895. I had superbe accruacy from a .243 with 80gr bullets in a .243 I had in mid. '70's using H4895. Velocity was a little off, but with "bug-hole" groups, velocity was a secondary consideration for shots under 300yds.

bogie
September 3, 2003, 02:29 PM
If what you're looking to do is use 'em on groundhogs or Bambi (would not recommend...) consider trading 'em to a benchrest shooter for some varmint-specific bullets. Check the classifieds at www.benchrest.com.

If you enjoyed reading about "Hart Bullets" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!