Disney employes can now have a gun in there car

PDA

tblt
August 16, 2008, 03:19 PM
I herd it on the news this morning Disney said Ok to the florida law

If you enjoyed reading about "Disney employes can now have a gun in there car" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jorg Nysgerrig
August 16, 2008, 03:23 PM
More info and discussion here:
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=385591

Blackbeard
August 16, 2008, 07:15 PM
Where car?

dalepres
August 16, 2008, 10:00 PM
Now if only that would happen in Oklahoma. Oklahoma has a similar law, probably the inspiration for the Florida law, but where I live it has not been enforced yet because of the lawsuit brought by some large employers in the area.

Shipwreck
August 16, 2008, 10:59 PM
There was a bill here in Texas last year - but it never got passed because the argument of private property owners. Plus, there was a stupid flaw - you had to TELL your boss that you were keeping a gun in the car. THEN, they supposedly couldn't fire you for having the gun (of course, the employer could come up with a cover story and then fire you for something else after you told them).

bigfoot311
August 16, 2008, 11:28 PM
Where car?

i thought the same thing when i read the title

hotshotshoting
August 17, 2008, 08:08 AM
that law only applies to ccw holders... not to mention Disney is still contesting it saying that they are exempt because they have a fireworks license

divemedic
August 17, 2008, 08:56 AM
Not fireworks- explosives. Disney buys components (including gunpowder) to manufacture their own explosives, thus the explosives license. Once they are made into fireworks, no permit is needed.

There are a couple of other issues there as well, but that has been argued ad nauseum here already.

Mannlicher
August 17, 2008, 10:56 AM
The "Carry your gun to work law" is mostly a scam. Only CCW permit holders can do that, and those comprise about one percent of the State's population.

If you enjoyed reading about "Disney employes can now have a gun in there car" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!