So what happens when you messiag via the triangle?

PDA

Eric F
August 16, 2008, 07:12 PM
I have found a few off comments sexist racist and unaproperiate remarks today hit the little triangle sent a message and nothing has been done? I fail to beleive racist remarks are going to be tolerated on THR.........or am I wrong?
Ok the sexist thing was taken care of but I would still like to know what happens when you message via triangle?

If you enjoyed reading about "So what happens when you messiag via the triangle?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Larry Ashcraft
August 16, 2008, 09:30 PM
An email message is sent to the moderator(s) of the forum where the post was posted. In my case, if I'm at work, I get an immediate alert to a new email. If I'm at home, I don't, and I may not check my emails for a while.

If a moderator gets the report, and deems the post less than objectionable, nothing will happen.

Judgement call, sometimes.

Mal H
August 16, 2008, 09:32 PM
When you press the "Report this post" button and submit your report, it is sent to the email addresses of all the moderators of the forum containing the thread. For the forums moderated by "Staff", the report goes to webmaster @ thehighroad.org

If the moderators are not online or reading their emails in real time, there will be a delay on the action taken, if any. Sometimes a report isn't acted on if the moderator feels no action is required perhaps due to some info the member is not aware of.

In any case, we do appreciate members taking the time to report un-THR posts in the forums. The more eyes we have helping us out, the cleaner THR becomes.

If you have links to the threads that might need a look, please PM them to me.

[Edit]
Looks like Larry and I were simulposting. ;)

Samgotit
August 16, 2008, 09:47 PM
Comments removed. OP and I communicate thru PM's

Eric F
August 16, 2008, 10:01 PM
pm sent to Mal H and Samgotit

Mal H
August 16, 2008, 10:09 PM
Samgotit - I edited your other post as well; it was a rather crude analogy.

Samgotit
August 16, 2008, 10:14 PM
Eric F and I have worked this out through PM's.

All comments have been removed in that post. They were in poor taste. My apologies.

sm
August 16, 2008, 11:37 PM
Humm...
My triangle must be different.
When I punch that sucker any number of things have been known to happen:

-I get a email showing me the latest grandkid picture.
-Phone call thanking me and asking how the weather is here.
-Get a email asking if I have a good recipe for a 1 1/8 oz load using Win Super-Lite powder and if I know who has a good deal on Brenneke' slugs.

Humm...
My triangle must be different...

Mal H
August 16, 2008, 11:46 PM
Steve, your triangle has always been just a little bit different! :)

sm
August 17, 2008, 12:04 AM
You mean not everyone else's is a triangle on a clay target and when the mouse pointer is over the "report" it turns into a shotgun?

Huh?
Can ya'll add another triangle for me, so I can practice doubles?
Even better...how about some trees around them triangles, that way I can practice punching them triangles when they come out in a clearing like in Sporting Clays?

Oh that would be funner than all get out...shooting guns in the house and all...

*bird, belly, beak, daylight, bang*

Eric F
August 17, 2008, 12:14 AM
Sm you really are a strange bird........but I like your posts none the less.

Mal H
August 17, 2008, 12:25 AM
sm sez, "Can ya'll add another triangle for me, so I can practice doubles?"

Would that be report doubles? ;)

Ok, we're getting a little carried away here, let's serious up.

sm
August 17, 2008, 12:33 AM
You try training Oleg, Admins, Staff and Mods around here and see if it don't make you feel a bit strange after a bit.

You folks just do not know how hard it is to keep this THR bunch that does all they do in line.

Mal...Mal...would you quit doing math problems in the gunpowder you spilled and pay attention to what is going on with THR?

Mal does this math stuff that is so complicated, a calculator gets a migraine just thinking about it.

Ya'll just don't know what all I do around here, to keep them folks with Bold Names around here in line.

Excuse me, a few members had a little misunderstanding and I am mediating a amicable resolution.

This stays private and won't be known about in Public postings.

If you enjoyed reading about "So what happens when you messiag via the triangle?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!