Full Moon Tonight Got Me Thinking...

PDA

brockgl
August 16, 2008, 11:04 PM
What kind of gun would you use to defend against or to hunt werewolves?

For defense, I'm thinking of using my 870 12ga, but I need to get some 00 buck-shot loaded with silver pellets. Would anyone be willing to hand-load 5 of those shells for me? If so, let me know what the cost would be--I want real silver.

Also, are there any recommendations on guns to use for hunting them? My guess would still be a shotgun. Since you have to hunt them at night, rifle-scopes seem pretty useless. And it will probably be a close encounter, so buckshot appears to be the best choice.

But I am new to this, so if anyone has experience in this field your help is greatly appreciated!

Also, there is no specified hunting season for werewolves in the Indiana DNR manual, and they're also NOT on the Indiana or Federal endangered species list, so I guess that makes them fair game any time of year. Am I wrong here?

Thanks in advance!

If you enjoyed reading about "Full Moon Tonight Got Me Thinking..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Rokyudai
August 16, 2008, 11:08 PM
Why not just by Wolf brand?
:rolleyes:

bragood
August 16, 2008, 11:09 PM
winchester silver tips...

TexasRifleman
Winchester Silvertips of course :)

Eric F
This is a joke right? you only need silver plated shot. or doesn't garlic affect wearwolves too? how about a mixture of garlic and silver plated shot? Personaly I like the gift that keeps on giving, send them a big box of ticks and fleas!

brockgl
"Why not just by Wolf brand?"

I heard that there are a few werewolves on the board for that company. So, the integrity of their products vs. werewolves is not to be trusted. YMMV

SFvet
August 16, 2008, 11:10 PM
From what I understand from the DNR SOP is: werewolves are only to be hunted during a full moon where there are no obstructions of the moon. There shall be no hunting of the werewolf during overcast - even though there may indeed be a full moon.

Furthermore - the minimum caliber must be at least .38 in pistols and .223 for rifles. No tags are required for werewolves - however, you are required to notify the DNR or the Sheriffs dept after a successful hunt - so that they may get a number of carcasses.

brockgl
August 16, 2008, 11:11 PM
"This is a joke right?"

Why would I be joking? Should I have posted this in the hunting forum or something?

The reason I posted it here is because I am interested in both 'defense against' as well as 'the hunting of' werewolves.

So, I figured general was a better place to put it.

misANTHrope
August 16, 2008, 11:12 PM
I'm only posting here because this is what I saw when I came to the General forum just now:

http://i38.tinypic.com/24l33hw.jpg

brockgl
August 16, 2008, 11:13 PM
SFvet,

Thanks for that. I am not sure how I missed it, but I'll go back through my DNR manual.

TexasRifleman
I'm only posting here because this is what I saw when I came to the General forum just now:

And your screen name is close to Lycanthrope

I'm going to load some more magazines, it's getting spooky.....

crushbup
Guys, this is a serious matter. Nobody would joke about a topic as grave as werewolves and the hunting thereof.

sprithitler
August 16, 2008, 11:14 PM
Silver Buckshot in a Semi Auto Shotgun backed up by a silvercoated Katana would seem right to me.
Wearing a spikecovered Full plate armour where the spikes are silvercoated.

crushbup
August 16, 2008, 11:15 PM
Ordinarily, I'd edit and say that i had a double tap. Instead, I will leave the duplicates and just say: "OMG burst-fire!"

bigfoot311
August 16, 2008, 11:15 PM
we have werewolves here, zombies in another thread... where is the vampire thread?

brockgl
August 16, 2008, 11:17 PM
"I'm only posting here because this is what I saw when I came to the General forum just now:"

misANTHrope,

Zombies are quite different than werewolves. Werewolves will not be harmed by lead projectiles, so I think this makes them worthy of their own thread.

Also, werewolves are normal humans during the daytime hours and whenever it is not a full moon. So, I hoped this topic would bring the ethical subject of werewolf hunting to the surface as well.

Nate C.
August 16, 2008, 11:18 PM
This place is going to the dogs....

I...B...T...L!

Realbigo
August 16, 2008, 11:24 PM
See now I've thought of this as well. Unfortunately to kill Werewolves the silver has to be inherited. Problematic yes, but there is nothing that says it can't then be used as plating instead of solid silver, and it can be reclaimed afterward. My recipe would be a Saiga 12, loaded w/ hand loads of 00 buck made up of half Silver plated, and half cold iron, using ground up garlic as my fill medium. That way I've got Werewolves, Vampires, and your occasional ogre, troll or other Servant of the Fae. Oh and I'd some how mount an Under folding bayonet, also plated in Silver.

brockgl
August 16, 2008, 11:25 PM
"I...B...T...L!"

Hmm... why would this thread be locked? Are there some illegalities to werewolf hunting that I am unaware of? I was over at my grandpa's house last night after some squirrel hunting (it was opening day yesterday in Indiana), and he was telling me a lot of stories about his father, his brother, and himself having to defend their cabin in Michigan against a werewolf.

And tonight it happens to be a full moon. So I told my wife to grab her S&W .38, and I got my shotgun, and we are ready for anything. We don't have any silver in the house, though! So, we may be able to stop a werewolf, but we won't be able to kill it.

Anyway, as far as I know werewolf hunting is still legal in the good ol' U.S. of A.!

Treo
August 16, 2008, 11:26 PM
Thanks guys it's a dark stormy night where I'm at and after reading this I get to go walk what could be termed "The Moors"

That said,

In American Werewolf in London They Used BHPs W/ regular ammunition .

And that movie had werewolves and zombies!!

Soooooo I B T L

brockgl
August 16, 2008, 11:26 PM
See now I've thought of this as well. Unfortunately to kill Werewolves the silver has to be inherited. Problematic yes, but there is nothing that says it can't then be used as plating instead of solid silver, and it can be reclaimed afterward. My recipe would be a Saiga 12, loaded w/ hand loads of 00 buck made up of half Silver plated, and half cold iron, using ground up garlic as my fill medium. That way I've got Werewolves, Vampires, and your occasional ogre, troll or other Servant of the Fae. Oh and I'd some how mount an Under folding bayonet, also plated in Silver.

This is the kind of experience I am talking about! You got any pics of successful hunts?

If you enjoyed reading about "Full Moon Tonight Got Me Thinking..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!