Photo! Blonde with a Minigun

PDA

BerettaNut92
January 14, 2003, 01:32 AM
:D Go go go!!

If you enjoyed reading about "Photo! Blonde with a Minigun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Okiecruffler
January 14, 2003, 01:50 AM
Something kinda kinky about a girl with a bigger gun than mine. She's dead sexy.

Blackhawk
January 14, 2003, 02:01 AM
Good for her! :D

Lord Grey Boots
January 14, 2003, 02:10 AM
I have the picture in color. Its just under 1mB, so I can't post it.

Her eyes are what only can be described as gunfighter steel blue.

funbob
January 14, 2003, 02:12 AM
One of the local news programs did a story on her not too far back. I thought it was pretty damn cool.

She looks better in person :D

modifiedbrowning
January 14, 2003, 02:17 AM
Me like!:evil:

Triad
January 14, 2003, 02:18 AM
Better pic.

Okiecruffler
January 14, 2003, 06:12 AM
I wonder if The Wife would mind me using this as wallpaper. Better not, she's been hanging out at the range more lately.

NewShooter78
January 14, 2003, 06:31 AM
Wish I could meet a girl like that!

DadOfThree
January 14, 2003, 06:33 AM
very very :cool:

JPM70535
January 14, 2003, 07:09 AM
Love that gun, nice set of barrels

( My wife is watching )

Bruce H
January 14, 2003, 07:24 AM
The look in her eyes is what terrifies the likes of Sarah Brady, Tom Diaz, Josh Shugerman, Donna Dees-Thomas, and a host of others. There are a couple of moderators here with the same look. It is called confidence in your abilities.

Kobun
January 14, 2003, 07:39 AM
Me like...
Like wery much! :D

Where are the sights?
Or is it just point and shoot by tracers?
http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?s=&postid=43854

Kentucky Rifle
January 14, 2003, 08:01 AM
Face it guys. Sometimes women are better at things...and THIS young lady may be one of those. My wife has ALWAYS outshot me with a snub. I'm a little better with a rifle because I've had a *lot more practice. But she took to the AR15 like a "duck to water".
I LIKE the "look" in this woman's eyes, and I say~~GOOD FOR HER!!! We need a million more like her. I'd like to shake her hand.

Kentucky Rifle

gwalchmai
January 14, 2003, 08:37 AM
No doubt about it - she's very pretty.

I don't think women should be in combat, though.

Resp.
g ;)

Khornet
January 14, 2003, 09:10 AM
...not that they can't do the job, just that they shouldn't. Sorry if I cause offense--none intended.

VaughnT
January 14, 2003, 09:21 AM
I'm very proud of this lady. She set a goal and met it, and that's admirable.

But, I just don't agree, as others have already stated, that women should be in combat. Some things they just shouldn't see.

2nd Amendment
January 14, 2003, 10:07 AM
My wife has eyes like that.

She's even better looking, too.

Shoots damn good, too.

*puffs up more*

rock jock
January 14, 2003, 10:22 AM
I don't think women should be in combat, though.
Yup.

10-Ring
January 14, 2003, 10:36 AM
Nice pic :cool: Also agree that women shouldn't be in combat :banghead:

4v50 Gary
January 14, 2003, 10:59 AM
I've no objection to women in combat. I get to stay home and hear about it on the news.

Not that some women can't outshoot, out run, out fight or out think me, but I also have reservations about women in the combat role. Some women can do it (the Russians & Vietnamese women are recent examples) but I certainly don't believe standards should be lowered just to get them into a MOS.

Sean Smith
January 14, 2003, 11:05 AM
I knew I screwed up joining the Army instead of the Air Force! :evil:

She definitely has a no-B.S. look about her. I can see no reason to question her ability to do the job.

bogie
January 14, 2003, 11:09 AM
Define "Combat."

I don't think that women have a place in frontline infantry. With the rare exception, in the case of hand-to-hand combat, they lose.

But then again, there isn't really such a thing as "frontline" stuff anymore - It's more shoot'n'scoot stuff. But everyone needs to be capable of defending themselves.

I don't have a problem with women as "technical" soldiers - fighter pilots, bomber pilots, etc. In fact, I think it's a good idea. If it's a game of reflexes and stamina, rather than brawn, let 'em have at it. If they can make the grade, don't worry about it.

gwalchmai
January 14, 2003, 11:24 AM
I would define "Combat" as any job in which one might be killed or captured while in armed conflict with the enemy. While this could broadly be construed to include anything, a reasonable person could see this as "traditional" frontline duty, as well as flying over, or sailing into hostile territory.

I know this attitude is not PC, but then, neither am I.

Resp.
g ;)

Lochaber
January 14, 2003, 01:03 PM
In my opinion anyone should be allowed to be in combat if they can perform their job. I can see why some people may be worried about front line marines in case a woman with less upper body strength needs to drag a wounded buddy, but lets face it, this woderfull girl in the picture can proabably hose people with that minigun as well as any guy. Who cares if she is a women? She can get the job done, and anyone willing to fight for their country should be celebrated.

As for the "Women shouldnt see that" I would like to remind you that traditionaly they have seen much worse, making up the bulk of the military nursing staff over the years.

Loch

BerettaNut92
January 14, 2003, 02:43 PM
I often joke at work that "I oughta quit this job and be a door gunner."

My dad sent me this pic to tempt me :D

blades67
January 14, 2003, 03:08 PM
Men, captured in combat, are generally beaten and sometimes executed. Women, captured in combat, are generally beaten, raped, sodomized and sometimes executed. Combat is an equal opportunity killer.

Airwolf
January 14, 2003, 03:24 PM
Here's the 1Mb high-rez version. Enjoy!

http://flymeaway.net/images/020807_58.jpg

Gewehr98
January 14, 2003, 03:36 PM
My opinion weighs probably next to nothing compared to the attitudes expressed by old-timers who don't want women in combat situations.

But let me state this. Women who are assigned to these duties know full well what would happen to them were they to be forced down over hostile territory. So do their counterpart male aircrew flying with them. We don't sweep that possibility under the carpet. Matter of fact, it's part of the training, and it gets darned realistic. Here's a hint: Most of it is aimed at the male detainees, to demonstrate what great lengths they will go to prevent the female detainees from being "compromised".

We Americans are somewhat unique in our chivalrous nature when it comes to protecting our women from the horrors of combat.

gwalchmai
January 14, 2003, 03:46 PM
My opinion weighs probably next to nothing compared to the attitudes expressed by old-timers who don't want women in combat situations. Actually, the opinions of Internet forum members weigh next to nothing beside that of the politicians who make such decisions.

We Americans are somewhat unique in our chivalrous nature when it comes to protecting our women from the horrors of combat. Many of us consider that a virtue.

Resp.
g ;)

bigjim
January 14, 2003, 11:13 PM
The problem is that females get to pick and choose.

The Military is not about social justice and being fair, its about projecting force and hopefully doing it cheaply when possible.

Females in the Military that are not suited to fight still compete for promotions with men who are.

Enlisted people get promoted based on:

Time in service
Time in grade
Job skills testing
Physical Fittness.

The PT score( fittness) is a HUGE part of it. Women can get a much higher score doing less pushups and less situps and running much slower. In the service everyone is a infrantry troop first! Unless your a female then its only of you want to be and not in any real dangerous places, unless you get pregnant then not at all.

This has got to change of the Ladies are to be taken seriously.

Further more it costs money to recruit and train troops. Why look through 10,000 Females to find the 100 or so that could stand a chance to meet the MALE fittness standards? Much cheaper to go out and recruit 105 males and cull the 5 that can not be trained to STANDARD.

In the old service you could have a good troop that served 15 year in combat arms but whose body just could not cut it any more. They USED to retire those guys on Active duty doing REMF jobs. Now those jobs are held by Female "troops" that have never had to meet the REAL STANDARD.

This sillyness happens in civilian life as well. Some large fire department got sued for not having female firefighters on the payroll. They lost, so they spent ZILLIONS on a recruitment program and had a Huge prequalification testing day complete with Media coverage. It was funny as hell watching the girls all get crushed to the ground trying to carry the ladder. Not one could meet the STANDARD. No female hires. Thank goodness.

Then there is the extra cost of billeting and medical expences. And lets not forget the ever popular I am pregnant I want out.... I can not be deployed to combat zone, I better not get in the water I may attract a shark issues.

There are "issues" with females in the service. They cost lots of cash to over come. Its not fair to the troops that can meet the standard no extra cost and with no special breaks.

So what do females bring to the service that makes it all worth it?

hint: Breasts are not a combat asset.

12.7x99mm
January 14, 2003, 11:32 PM
I was looking for this picture the other day. Thanks for the post

rock jock
January 14, 2003, 11:41 PM
Here's a hint: Most of it is aimed at the male detainees, to demonstrate what great lengths they will go to prevent the female detainees from being "compromised".
IMO, that is a big problem when male combatants have to put themselves in greater jeapordy to protect the virtue of women soldiers, only to satisfy a giant sociology experiment and please the PC crowd.

Lennyjoe
January 15, 2003, 04:53 AM
I know of 4 women right now that fly A-10's in combat coded squadrons.

We have one of em flying here in my squadron.

If they wanna fight, let em I say.

Bruz
January 15, 2003, 06:03 AM
Whomever is best qualified should be able to do the job. No "afirmative action".

p35
January 15, 2003, 07:14 AM
Back during the Gulf War a rescue chopper crashed and the crew, including a female flight surgeon, got captured. After they all got back the enlisted crew said something like "I still don't believe in women in the military but I'd follow her anywhere." Some things never change.

Coronach
January 15, 2003, 08:24 AM
1. Woulda been a lot better if the AF had censored the photo and removed her name. While I think it unliklely that Al Quaeda would go after our airmen based on names revealed by the media, censoring out the names is a courtesy extended to pilots and should be extended to her as well.

2. Women in combat: I have no problem with them there, if they can do the job. Doing the job includes doing the same physical test as the men.

3. Sexy? Heh...yeah. And I don't even like blondes.

Mike

T.Stahl
January 15, 2003, 09:49 AM
Well, I'm neither chauvinistic nor homophobic, but for the sake of unit cohesion I'd prefer all the soldiers in my group to be heterosexual males.

Nice picture, though.

Gewehr98
January 15, 2003, 09:51 AM
IMO, that is a big problem when male combatants have to put themselves in greater jeapordy to protect the virtue of women soldiers, only to satisfy a giant sociology experiment and please the PC crowd.

The jeapordy was the fact that the person, male or female, was at risk for being captured. Nobody forced the individual to volunteer for military service, and nobody forced the individual to choose a combat career field. He/she did that of their own volition, fully knowing that there are risks involved with that choice. Our young female aerial gunner in the picture lost any illusion of chivalrous treatment as a detainee prior to her graduation from Combat Survival school.

For those who have undergone co-ed S.E.R.E. training, chivalry and protection of virtue are an issue that gets brought to the front burner fairly quickly. But it's just as quickly relegated to a minor role in a captivity situation, as it should be. There are too many other priorities that detainees must work through to simply survive. Cultural values like protecting a female detainee's virtue become a tool that the captors can use for propoganda and information extraction. And you really can't bet that once Achmed is done with the female detainee, he isn't gonna want a piece of you next. You think it only happens in American prisons?

bigjim
January 15, 2003, 09:59 AM
P35 said: Back during the Gulf War a rescue chopper crashed and the crew, including a female flight surgeon, got captured. After they all got back the enlisted crew said something like "I still don't believe in women in the military but I'd follow her anywhere." Some things never change.

No one here has said there are not women that can meet the standard. Yes there are! The problem lies is instead of letting them try and fail on that level they LOWERED the standards so more could make it. This action makes EVERY female trooper suspect.

If a female can do everything a Force recon Marine is expected to do with no changes. If she can pee standing up just like all the others then she is qualified. But is it worth it to find the handfull
that are? Once again I ask....... What do females bring to the armed services that men can not? If you can give me a answer that justify all the extra effort, lower standards, and disruption of a working model then I MAY grant that you have a point.

Other wise I think your point is in error.

I dont want afirmative action:
Doctors
Lawyers
Policeman
Fireman
EMTs
Troops

rennaissancemann
January 15, 2003, 10:00 AM
I LOVE the Air Force!

Average Guy
January 15, 2003, 01:09 PM
Wow. I didn't know Reese Witherspoon had a sister! A blonde has gotta be something special to make me look twice. She's something special. And then some.

"Yes, ma'am. Anything you say, ma'am."

I haven't hashed out my "women in combat" opinions lately, but lemme just say that I'd be happy to have her providing close air support (even if she wasn't so cute--uh, that is, visually appealing).

Redlg155
January 15, 2003, 03:22 PM
I don't mind women being in Combat Arms so long as they meet the EXACT same physical standards as men. That includes PT tests.

If I'm a Gun Chief on my howitzer and you can't lift the 155mm projectiles, then you are dead weight to me and I don't need you on my crew. Male or Female. I would want you off my gun.

In my observation, I don't see a big push to put females in roles such as Infantry and Artillery. You see more females wanting to get into combat arms occupations that don't require strenuous physical activity, which is understandable.

If a female can handle the job..I say go for it. But don't expect me to carry a heavier ruck than you just so you can be in squad.

Good Shooting
RED

Mal H
January 15, 2003, 03:33 PM
Yes indeed, she's a beauty alright!

And the young lady is very attractive also.

Maestro
January 15, 2003, 04:33 PM
Now there's one woman who would blow yours guts out.I don't think this one would have any hesitation.I'm sure she can wreak havoc with great gusto.:eek:
Very intimidating picture.

VaughnT
January 15, 2003, 06:09 PM
Talk about lowering standards, I watched a TV show on the FBI Academy just a little while back. The program was about a bunch of regular people changing career tracks. Nurses, teachers and the like, deciding to become FBI agents.

Well, somewhere in the show, they showed the male recruits doing the standard pull-up, an exercise that tests upper body strength and simulates having to pull yourself over fence or wall. The women in the group of cadets had to do a weird version of the pull-up where they layed down flat on the ground and grabbed a bar directly over their chest (just like a bench press). Then they had to pull themselves up so their chest touched the bar. Do so many of these in so many seconds and you passed.

I've never heard of such an exercise, but I decided to give it a try on my bench at home. As an out of shape, overweight, smoker, I can't do one single pullup. This horizontal thing was as easy as I've ever seen....actually made me feel a little like a jock!

Because I'm a guy, I would have failed the PT Test and gotten bumped from the program. I'm strong, intelligent, hardworking, and devoted to my country...but I can't do a pullup (the standard) and don't pass muster. They lower the standards for women to take advantage of their abilities, but not for men? How's that fair to all the guys trying? What do those guys think of the women that pass the class and become agents?

If you want to be military, fine. Get your head shaved; go without makeup; do the same exercises. Then you can say that you met the standards.

Ron L
January 15, 2003, 06:28 PM
Women in combat? Given the wrong week, I'd put my wife up against an enemy squad and put odds on her. They'd be crying to the Blue Helmets about cruel and unusual punishment. :D

redneck
January 15, 2003, 08:10 PM
Very pretty girl. I hope she lives a long and healthy life.

I just can't accept the idea of women in combat. Maybe I'm old fashioned, I don't know. They can open the door for themself but I still do it for them given the chance.
I really wish women would be as happy being women as men are being men. Everyday its something new that used to be considered a "male activity" that women swear up and down they can do every bit as good if not better. "Just because they're a woman doesn't mean they can't do it". Then when they get a chance to, they make a big deal about how they're just a girl and you get a whole new set of standards for them. One minute its no big deal anyone can do it, next thing they're just a girl and they shouldn't have to live up to the same standards.
I guess I'll be labeled as sexist by any women who read this, but I'm not. I know theres a lot of women out there who could whip my ***, and theres a lot of women out there that are faster than me, and theres a lot of women out there that are smarter than me. Still doesn't change my opinion though.
If they have to go to combat it should be under the same standards as everyone else. They always say they don't want to have different standards for women, equal rights you know.

But even then I just can't get used to the idea. Theres so many more issues involved even if the physical capabilities are there.

spacemanspiff
January 15, 2003, 08:20 PM
remember the show that was recently on, "Basic Training"? remember who had the toughest time passing PT? it was one of the guys who just barely was able to do the pushups required. i dont recall the females in that group having a difficult time handling themselves.

if a woman can pass the training necessary to qualify for combat, then i'd say she likely isnt going to be a girly girl who cant pull her own weight and get the job done. she also isnt going to be susceptible to acting out of emotion like we expect all women to do.

i hope the woman in the pic above gets a lot of confirmed kills and comes home safe and in one piece.

Uncle Ethan
January 16, 2003, 12:56 AM
I hope she has every success- I hope all who deploy return safely.

Frohickey
January 16, 2003, 01:09 AM
Where are the sights on that thing?
Can you change from AP rounds to incendiary/tracers by the throw of a switch?

What girl? All I see is the mini-gun. :D :D

Kahr carrier
January 16, 2003, 04:55 AM
My kind of woman.:evil:

cratz2
January 16, 2003, 09:18 AM
VaughnT, that's about the most intelligent post I've ever read on 'equal rights'.

Tady45
January 16, 2003, 10:29 AM
I have always loved the nordic looking females!! Pic is awesome and so is the Mini Gun shooting 6,000 rounds per minute...

Larry ;)

buzz_knox
January 16, 2003, 10:54 AM
If women can meet the requirements of the position, then I don't care. As for what happens to prisoners, it's generally not talked about but men often face the same abuse (including sexual) as women. Remember, it's not about sex, it's about domination.

As for the photo, all I can say is that's my favorite type of mini, and I love who's working it. ;)

If you enjoyed reading about "Photo! Blonde with a Minigun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!