"Commonly recurring threads".

PDA

realmswalker
August 18, 2008, 02:36 PM
Hello everyone,

I suggested to a moderator in a PM a while back that because we have so many commonly recurring threads that there be a forum Called, you guessed it "Commonly recurring threads". I never received a response back so I though I would post it here.

It would be listed under social situtations and the descirption would be as follows.

"Commonly recurring threads".

"This forum is for discussions that have occured ranging from zombies, werewolves, EOTWSHTF, bug out bags, 3 guns stash, 9mm vs 45, and other such common questions you think have never been asked. Please check This forum before posting such questions as these."

If possible I think this would cut down on some of these threads quite a bit.

I know this is not gun related, but it is Forum related, and it's a gun forum, so it's gun related by association, I think.

This is mainly for the moderators, but I was wondering if everyone else thought this might be a halfway decent idea.

If it's been suggested before or is not possible, sorry to waste time.

If you enjoyed reading about ""Commonly recurring threads"." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ohio Rifleman
August 18, 2008, 02:39 PM
You know, I think this is actually a pretty good idea. I think the mods and administrators should at least put some thought into doing something like this.

csmkersh
August 18, 2008, 02:40 PM
Since this board can easily merge threads, that would be the best approach and is what sometimes happens here.

TexasRifleman
August 18, 2008, 02:41 PM
"This forum is for discussions that have occured ranging from zombies, werewolves, EOTWSHTF, bug out bags, 3 guns stash, 9mm vs 45, and other such common questions you think have never been asked. Please check This forum before posting such questions as these."

What makes you think people would heed it?

We already have a search function that's never used.

realmswalker
August 18, 2008, 02:53 PM
I know people don't use the search function, but when its a forum right there in their face, they mighrt just click on it and scan through some threads. I still think it would cut down on these recurring threads. Not totally eliminate them, but cut down at least.

esmith
August 18, 2008, 03:00 PM
This is a good idea, i can post stuff like:

http://www.funnyforumpics.com/forums/Repost/2/Old-NewsRocks.jpg (http://www.funnyforumpics.com)

Bob R
August 18, 2008, 03:07 PM
Don't forget to add BBQ's that look like a S&W 500 to the list of recurring items! :evil: :p ;)

bob

Soybomb
August 18, 2008, 03:08 PM
Rehashing old topics is just part of forums, if you don't like them, don't read them ;)

Mot45acp
August 18, 2008, 03:12 PM
Can we put all the threads griping about duplicate threads in there too?

Might be there was a reason you didnt get a response eh?

realmswalker
August 18, 2008, 03:25 PM
Rehashing old topics is just part of forums, if you don't like them, don't read them

Never once said I didn't like them, Was only suggesting an easy way to cut down on recurring threads which alot of people do gripe about. It would bwe a forum I would probably frequent, the threads are entertaining.

Can we put all the threads griping about duplicate threads in there too?

Might be there was a reason you didnt get a response eh?

I am not griping, I was offering a simple solution to what seems to be causing quite a bit of thread lock lately. Sorry for having ideas.:rolleyes:

Eric F
August 18, 2008, 03:25 PM
We could also call it the punching bag, IMO most recurring threads are recurring because of fighting arguing and just plain sillyness with diffrences of opinions.

El Tejon
August 18, 2008, 03:30 PM
No, we can call it the Walmart subforum.:D

Vermont
August 18, 2008, 03:54 PM
To be honest, I like it when people don't use the search. That usually means they are asking a question that I know the answer to.

It's nice to feel useful once in a while.

I suppose if we had this section, I could hang out there and everyone would think I knew everything.

JShirley
August 18, 2008, 07:33 PM
So, basically- with the inclusion of SHTF, werewolves, and zombies- this is just another way of asking for an OT forum.

realmswalker
August 18, 2008, 08:04 PM
So, basically- with the inclusion of SHTF, werewolves, and zombies- this is just another way of asking for an OT forum.

Yes, basically.

Eric F
August 18, 2008, 08:39 PM
Isn't that called aps?

CrawdaddyJim
August 18, 2008, 08:49 PM
Yeh, change the name of APS to The Dead Horse......

Jim

If you enjoyed reading about ""Commonly recurring threads"." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!