Too many closed threads tonight

PDA

gym
August 18, 2008, 08:01 PM
That's 4 in a row. If you don't want us to discuss anything other than a pre approved list of topics, perhaps a list of discussions that would be allowed to continue should be posted. I foolishlly thought that some of our constitutional rights pertaining to Guns, was an appropriate topic, guess not

If you enjoyed reading about "Too many closed threads tonight" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Eric F
August 18, 2008, 08:04 PM
oh not again please take it up in pm with the mod not here in public........we just discussed this didnt we?

It apears you are an upset individule today, might I suggest you get a drink and come back tomorrow?

TexasRifleman
August 18, 2008, 08:04 PM
And this is why they get locked.

Here's a news flash:

Anything with "Obama" or "SHTF" or "Zombie" in the title is gonna get locked, how hard is that to understand?

Those threads contribute in no way to any kind of "High Road".

Treo
August 18, 2008, 08:05 PM
IBTFL F= Fifth

WayneConrad
August 18, 2008, 08:06 PM
I'll just copy 'n paste this over...

If you have a beef with a specific thread being closed, bring it up with a PM to a moderator. If you have a problem with the way the board is being run, a PM to a moderator is again the best place to start. If you want to make a public fuss, it's traditional, although not necessarily good manners, to start it over in "Technical Support."

Sometimes, the feeling that things are unfair is simply not understanding the rules. For example, after a fair number of posts (10 is about the right number, to be generous), someone who posts here ought to understand what posts belong in which forums, and what sorts of posts belong on this board at all.

coyotehitman
August 18, 2008, 08:09 PM
How about just banning the tinfoil hat crowd, the chest thumpers, the rebel without a cause, the cop bashers, the "from my cold dead hands" group, and the "give me a reason, any reason, to shoot someone" group.

TexasRifleman
August 18, 2008, 08:15 PM
How about just banning the tinfoil hat crowd, the chest thumpers, the rebel without a cause, the cop bashers, the "from my cold dead hands" group, and the "give me a reason, any reason, to shoot someone" group.

Who would be left to turn out the lights? LOL

SCKimberFan
August 18, 2008, 08:16 PM
After reading your post, I would have closed it just because it didn't make any sense.

esmith
August 18, 2008, 08:17 PM
Yeah, mods here don't slack when it comes to locking threads. Justin seems to like to lock them a lot.

I REALLY hate it when a mod will lock a thread and they don't specify why they did, or they say something that doesn't really tell us why, maybe because they just wanted to feel powerful by hitting the 'lock' button? If that is so, then thats a pretty sad reason, as whoever it is is only behind a glass screen.

kingpin008
August 18, 2008, 08:19 PM
That's 4 in a row. If you don't want us to discuss anything other than a pre approved list of topics, perhaps a list of discussions that would be allowed to continue should be posted. I foolishlly thought that some of our constitutional rights pertaining to Guns, was an appropriate topic, guess not

Lighten up, Francis. Or at least take it up with the Mods instead of dragging us all into it.

Oh yeah, IBTL.:rolleyes:

Larry Ashcraft
August 18, 2008, 08:24 PM
Justin seems to like to lock them a lot.
OK, just for a change-up...

This belongs in Tech Support, which is where I'm going to put it.

Gym, take some advice and PM a mod if you have a problem with the way the site is run.

Closed.

If you enjoyed reading about "Too many closed threads tonight" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!