PA-63 and P-64

PDA

Drgong
August 19, 2008, 02:20 PM
Are these guns any good? are they reliable enough for potental carry? (I will be mostly carrying revolvers, but some clothing a flat semi-auto works better then a revolver, and a BHP is a big gun to conceal...)

PS - I DO know they are not Makarovs, they just use the Makarov round, and these guns fit my budget for a B.U.G or a gun to use when a revolver does not work.

If you enjoyed reading about "PA-63 and P-64" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Shade00
August 19, 2008, 02:25 PM
I wish I could locate a thread on another forum. It had a size comparison and an overall comparison of the PA-63 to the Walther PPK. The PA-63, while larger, has an alloy frame that makes it a fantastic carry option. It is a PP clone, so it takes down just like the Walther guns. From what I understand, you will need to change some springs to make it acceptable in both the trigger pull and recoil departments. Other than that, it is supposed to be a reliable little gun. I have been considering getting one since they're so cheap.

Drgong
August 19, 2008, 03:11 PM
I wish I could locate a thread on another forum. It had a size comparison and an overall comparison of the PA-63 to the Walther PPK. The PA-63, while larger, has an alloy frame that makes it a fantastic carry option. It is a PP clone, so it takes down just like the Walther guns. From what I understand, you will need to change some springs to make it acceptable in both the trigger pull and recoil departments. Other than that, it is supposed to be a reliable little gun. I have been considering getting one since they're so cheap.

Thanks for the info, it seems to be a good car gun/backup/alt. conceal carry gun, and for the prices of ~$160 one cannot go too bad, even with new springs your looking at less then $200 for what appears to be a nice gun.

Nimble1
August 19, 2008, 03:16 PM
I have fired both guns and own a P64. They both have a nice kick to them due I guess to the 9x18 round and blowback action. I do carry the P64 from time to time (when not carrying my PT145) in a Ross IWB. I did change the spring to a lighter one so that the DA pull is lighter. Wolf has the spring set. A very well made gun and very accurate considering it has almost no sights.I guess I have put several hundred rounds through it with no failure of any kind.

M2 Carbine
August 19, 2008, 05:58 PM
I have a PA-63 and three P-64's.
With the main spring replaced on the P-64, for a decent DA trigger pull, I wouldn't hesitate carrying either gun if I wanted to carry something that size.

My PA-63 doesn't like JHP ammo though.

AnaxImperator
August 19, 2008, 10:17 PM
Yeh, the PA-63's recoil & DA/SA pull is more managable with a spring change. Can't go wrong with one as a back-up, or hot-weather piece.

If you enjoyed reading about "PA-63 and P-64" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!