finally bought my first shotgun

PDA

craig_o
August 22, 2008, 09:23 PM
Looked at the Maverick and the Mossberg Persuader and settled on the Mossie. They looked and felt identical (supposed to, I hear), but the tang safety won me over. If not for that, I most likely would have bought the Maverick.

Having a pistol grip is nice too, just because.

Looks great minus one little scratch on the chamber wall. Little white line. Not a show-stopper.

Was surprised to see that the slide doesn't rack unless the gun is being held horizontally (and right-side-up). I wasn't going to practice my Ninja moves anyway.

Got the Mossberg Loc-Box for it. I think that's going to work out (haven't installed it yet). Storing it like that requires the slide to be open (this the shotgun is technically cocked?), but I guess it's not a problem since Mossberg sells it for their own products.

So that's my story. Academy, $259 +tax.

If you enjoyed reading about "finally bought my first shotgun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Dave McCracken
August 22, 2008, 11:03 PM
Congrats. Now go shoot it plenty....

If you enjoyed reading about "finally bought my first shotgun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!