New Post Bold Type Timeout Period

PDA

mykeal
August 24, 2008, 09:21 PM
I found the following in a post in this subforum:
There is a timeout of approximately 20 minutes after which thread titles (and thread icons) will change to the "No new posts" color if you have been idle for that timeout period. (Idle meaning not refreshing any THR screen or opening any new page.) The thread colors are not necessarily meant to indicate that you have read or not read any of the threads and posts, they are only indicators you can use when you login each time to see which threads have new posts. They are transient and will not necessarily retain the "new posts" color until you actually open each individual forum.

Personally, I've come to use the post timestamps as they are a much better indicator of whether I have seen a new post or not.

I frequently will post a detailed reply to a post that takes longer than 20 minutes to prepare, proofread and correct. This results in all the thread titles changing to 'Read' status and the 'View First Uread' button to disappear. I find the bold type very useful in scanning a page to see what threads I'd like to read; it works much better for me than using the time stamps. In addition, I find that the lack of the 'View First Unread' button is very annoying in that I now have to hunt through the posts looking for the first one i haven't read. The time stamps don't help much with this as I don't often know to the minute when I last looked at each thread.

Can we please have an option to change the timeout period from 20 minutes to something longer and more useful?

If you enjoyed reading about "New Post Bold Type Timeout Period" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "New Post Bold Type Timeout Period" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!