Does Bighorn Sheep taste like Lamb?

PDA

PlayMaker
August 24, 2008, 09:22 PM
Just wondering because I would like start hunting Bighorns and I believe in hunting what you eat. Can anyone just purchase a license or do you have to win the lotto? Any and all input is welcomed and appreciated, thanks in advance.

If you enjoyed reading about "Does Bighorn Sheep taste like Lamb?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Regolith
August 24, 2008, 10:40 PM
Probably more like mutton. I've never had Bighorn, but your probably going to be shooting an older one, so my guess is it'll taste more like a mature sheep rather than lamb.

langenc
August 24, 2008, 10:59 PM
Not too strong and you do have to win the lotto, practically. A sheep tag is about like the lotto.

Jst1mr
August 26, 2008, 01:38 AM
Better chance in Canada...BC, for instance.

Grizfire
August 26, 2008, 10:04 PM
Yeah, bighorns are one of the most difficult tags to get. However, some states give you points for every year you unsuccessfully draw a permit, making your chances better the next year. So, you better start applying this year, and with a little luck, you'll draw a permit before you die. :D

good luck

If you enjoyed reading about "Does Bighorn Sheep taste like Lamb?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!