Lee, Dave, and sm, it's time for you guys to get a real gun.

PDA

Jorg Nysgerrig
August 25, 2008, 12:19 PM
This glorious revelation was found in general gun discussion. I thought you guys might get a kick out of it:

Other than zombie fantasies or the fantasy of "racking the slide to scare the heck out of an intruder," a shotgun is almost useless. It's a big oversized "friend impresser" but that's about it. Taking a shotgun on a shooting trip is bulky and boring. People rush to buy shotguns because they are cheaper brand new than most new handguns.

Source: http://www.thehighroad.org/showpost.php?p=4849306&postcount=37

So there. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Lee, Dave, and sm, it's time for you guys to get a real gun." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
DaleCooper51
August 25, 2008, 12:59 PM
I liked your reply calling out the troll. :)

rantingredneck
August 25, 2008, 01:00 PM
:scrutiny:

Fred Fuller
August 25, 2008, 02:39 PM
Thanks, Jorg. I appreciate you letting me know how much I've been counting on empty promises for all these years.

Did all us daydream believers get told about what "real gun" we can truly depend on in a pinch by this previously undiscovered firearms expert, pray tell?

lpl

sm
August 25, 2008, 02:42 PM
http://www.thehighroad.org/showpost.php?p=4850688&postcount=47

Jorg Nysgerrig
August 25, 2008, 02:49 PM
Thanks, Jorg. I appreciate you letting me know how much I've been counting on empty promises for all these years.
I hope you're ok. I was a bit shaken to realize that all the times I've been out shooting shotguns that what I thought was enjoyment was actually boredom.

Did all us daydream believers get told about what "real gun" we can truly depend on in a pinch by this previously undiscovered firearms expert, pray tell?

Indeed he did, but you have to travel across the border to read about it.

From: http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3008192&postcount=1
My AR pistol is too loud to shoot indoors until I get a suppressor, but the mini mac is my current favorite. This one has been AOW'd but I think the mini mac is the best suppressed semi auto handgun for home defense.

So, there you have it.

plumberroy
August 25, 2008, 02:55 PM
read his other post He ain't worth wasting time to type a responce to .
He is not even a good troll:(
Roy

plumberroy
August 25, 2008, 03:02 PM
Steve you are more patient than I am my friend

sm
August 25, 2008, 03:03 PM
Originally Posted by e7grt5 at TFL
My AR pistol is too loud to shoot indoors until I get a suppressor, but the mini mac is my current favorite. This one has been AOW'd but I think the mini mac is the best suppressed semi auto handgun for home defense.

No it ain't.

Them wood rubber band guns are.

You keep shooting at that bag of dawg treats, and it falls down, there is no way a criminal is going to get in the house with a Black Lab protecting his treats.

Nope, it ain't gonna happen.

Scarf, scoot, bark, scarf, scoot, scarf, scarf, burp, paw slide, scoot, nose, paw, bark, goofy-happy-grin, slobber, scarf, scoot, bark, jump...

rantingredneck
August 25, 2008, 03:04 PM
Not sure who the TFL mod with the sense of humor is, but I like it. His title below his handle:

Idiotuus recidivus

:lol:

sm
August 25, 2008, 03:14 PM
I have a pretty good idea of whom the mod was that did that.

rantingredneck
August 25, 2008, 03:17 PM
Well then I say to him or her, Bravo. :D.

Striker
August 25, 2008, 03:41 PM
Dang,

Its been a bad month.

First I find out from the experts that I can't defend myself with a revolver or 9mm auto, and now this......I'm crushed, crushed I tell you!

You'll excuse me while I step out and rend my garments in anguish. :p

Steve: As always, your response perpetually insures your position as an illuminaughty sage, but perhaps the inclusion of the merits of the .28 guage may have also been useful? :D

sm
August 25, 2008, 04:39 PM
http://www.thehighroad.org/showpost.php?p=4851065&postcount=63

Run 'em!

MCgunner
August 25, 2008, 04:42 PM
Wonder what the guy would think of my .410 Contender? :D

theken206
August 25, 2008, 04:44 PM
wow......just wow

romeo212000
August 25, 2008, 04:45 PM
Not sure I understand that post sm???

Striker
August 25, 2008, 05:18 PM
Steve,

My apologies, I should have known better by this time......:o:o

Okiecruffler
August 25, 2008, 06:45 PM
And people wonder why I refuse to even look at the general forum.

TexasRifleman
August 25, 2008, 06:49 PM
Taking a shotgun on a shooting trip is bulky and boring. People rush to buy shotguns because they are cheaper brand new than most new handguns.

I wanna see him hit a dove with his handgun :)

Dave McCracken
August 25, 2008, 09:20 PM
"The dogs bark, but the caravan moves on."

Life's too darn short to give this Netiot any of my time....

Fred Fuller
August 25, 2008, 10:21 PM
Jorg,

Ah yes, I see- the computer video-game kind of firearms expert. I should have known, they always know more than anyone else, especially those of us who only, like, own, shoot and train with real firearms and stuff.

I hope the tyke gets lots of homework in school real soon now, so he'll go away and not bother the grownups any more.

lpl

ETA: from TFL-
e7grt5
Idiotuus recidivus

Best rule for neophytes in any forum is to read lots and post little. Oh well...

Unless of course he's a troll. But TFL can't have trolls, they all come to THR... 8^)

Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow
August 26, 2008, 01:06 AM
Well, he may be right, except when it comes to PGO configured shotguns! :p

MCgunner
August 26, 2008, 09:46 AM
I wanna see him hit a dove with his handgun

I've hit a few grackles on the wing with my .410 contender. I suppose it can be done, but not with a 9mm. :D

rantingredneck
August 26, 2008, 10:45 AM
I suppose it can be done, but not with a 9mm.

See that's what the supressor and forward AOW grip are for. You need to think more tacticooly. :D.

Hawk
August 26, 2008, 11:37 AM
Somebody's edited the picture on the TFL posting. It's a whole new kind of mini-Mac now.

<sputter giggle>

JImbothefiveth
August 26, 2008, 12:43 PM
I beleive the mall ninja weapon of choice is airsoft.:neener::neener:

sm
August 26, 2008, 02:26 PM
... a Mall Ninja, NetNinja, Armchair Ranger...

Whut I is :

I didn't grow up - just got bigger is all - Art's buddy

Now about them rubber band guns, pay attention and "learnt" something.

-FUN!

-Rubber bands are not that expensive, no reloading components to buy, easy to "reload" and about the only problem I have is getting fussed at for making a mess and getting them behind the fridge, hanging off the pull cord handle on the ceiling fan, and some folks will not buy the idea a cedar tree really does produce rubber band looking vegetation.

-Strategy & Tactics.
Trust me, not getting into trouble with one of these things, and having to fuss, run around the house, sneak, "when is it going to be my turn", "can I have my rubber band gun back now"... Share this thing is a great teaching tool.

Get a 5 year old and one of these rubber band guns and see how well you do!

-Dawgs

Now I like the double barrel shotgun rubber band gun.
One can let loose with both barrels on this thing and everything!

So can the dawg.
He gets that goofy-dawg-grin, and runs to get the bands and is so excited , he cannot stand it.
He snags the bands, runs back, sliding to a stop...
"Hurry up and reload that thing will ya, I want to shoot it again!"

I ain't sure what all is in Dawg Slobber, still amongst other "unique" properties, it seems the bands shoot further and last longer.

You ain't got to worry about lubing the rubber band gun either, not with Dawg Slobber for sure...

-Tick-Tock

At the craft store they have these battery operated clock movements, some are set up to take a pendulum.
Get the Pendulum, forget the clock, use that money for orange spray paint if you want a orange moving target.

Just mount this thing on a pc of wood and you can have a real good time shooting moving targets in the house.

If you bribe kids with cheese dip, they will set up the Hot Wheels track and run cars for moving targets.

Persistence pays off, I got to where I could shoot the car while doing the "loop".

Ha! Lets see a NetNinja do that!!

Use Enough Fun

JImbothefiveth
August 26, 2008, 05:20 PM
I wasn't implying you were.

No it ain't.

You keep shooting at that bag of dawg treats, and it falls down, there is no way a criminal is going to get in the house with a Black Lab protecting his treats.

Nope, it ain't gonna happen.
You posted this, and I was continuing along that theme, sorta joking about the guy who declared shotguns as useless(Though I'm not saying pistols are either.)

sm
August 26, 2008, 05:34 PM
I knew you were razzing and I really enjoyed it.
Thanks.

Folks do not get the idea while firearms are dangerous and serious business, there is a lot of fun and good camaraderie that goes with them too.

Shotguns:
Dead serious when I share using a garden hose is a great teaching tool to assist folks in learning concepts.
Using a clothesline outside and pulling a 'target' assists, heck even using dragonflies assists.

Rubber Band guns, afford the same teaching opportunities as well.

BB Guns are as well, just one cannot always effectively use one at home.

In the house, rubber band gun and the pendulum , or even having someone toss a paper airplane, is a fun, still useful way to assist.

Ya know, I have never heard of a Armchair Ranger felling a "jet airplane" with a double bbl shotgun.

I "are" good

*puffs chest*

Granted it was notebook paper jet and rubber band gun, still...

*grin*

Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow
August 26, 2008, 05:35 PM
I sure am glad I learned that shotties is jus' fer showin' off and are really useless as teats on a boar hog...I'll quit wasting my hard-earned $$ on them now.

Sylvan-Forge
August 27, 2008, 04:05 AM
I don't see any posts from e7grt5 here.

If your going to make fun of somebody, you could at least take it to the original thread.

JImbothefiveth
August 27, 2008, 12:33 PM
I don't see any posts from e7grt5 here. Heck, I wasn't evven making fun of him!

Ya know, I have never heard of a Armchair Ranger felling a "jet airplane" with a double bbl shotgun.
They've boasted they could fell a helicopter though, if they had a barret. (Though how you're going to hold a 40 pound firearm vertically with any kind of steadiness is beyond me)

If you enjoyed reading about "Lee, Dave, and sm, it's time for you guys to get a real gun." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!