"I Designed A Pillow That Safely & Comfortably Stores a Handgun. What do you think?"

PDA

LoneSniper3
August 26, 2008, 06:04 PM
Hello Everyone,

I recently designed a memory foam pillow that safely & comfortably holds most handguns. This pillow also has the ability to store valuables as a theft deterrent. I am currently in the Research & Development stages of this project, and looking for feedback. There is no product currently for sale and there may not be for quite some time. I am not "Spamming" here!

Please click the following link for the details. Click "Skip Intro" if it takes too long to load...

http://www.SecurityPillow.com

What are your thoughts on this concept? Any suggestions or advice? I understand that this concept is not going to be everyone's cup of tea, but I would appreciate if you would at least keep your comments respectful and constructive.

Thank you for your time!

The Security Pillow TM
"Sleep Tight."
Pat. Pending

If you enjoyed reading about ""I Designed A Pillow That Safely & Comfortably Stores a Handgun. What do you think?"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Claude Clay
August 26, 2008, 06:15 PM
very good presentation.
first i laughed ( bet ua figgured on that)
but......actually, it is a useful. a light weight K-T or J-frame and it is also a sound suppressor ( Pay the Pillow Tax!!!).:uhoh:
gotta love it. a must have for the next time you are having a pillow fight.

Harley Man
August 26, 2008, 06:16 PM
Myself I don't think I would like it. The idea of a loaded gun under my head makes me a little nervous. I have pretty realistic dreams, and I would fear grabing for my pillow pistol and maybe shooting my wife, or myself. My idea is a weapon on a night stand which would allow me to wake up and understand what I was about to do before using it.

Hey you never know ...I wish you the best.....Here is a catch line for your idea ....who needs a silencer when you have pillow pistol !!!!!

Creade
August 26, 2008, 06:18 PM
How comfortable is it?

Is it really "easily accessible?" , or will a sharp rear sight, or something of that nature catch and stop you from being able to pull it out?

Aaryq
August 26, 2008, 06:25 PM
You've got a patent, right?

JackBurtonJr
August 26, 2008, 06:28 PM
If a pillow doesn't have feathers I don't use it.:neener:

I_AM_LEGEND
August 26, 2008, 06:28 PM
Talk about a comfotable way to conceal carry and I can even conceal carry in bed now, I'm sure my girlfriend is gonna love that!!!

Prepster
August 26, 2008, 06:33 PM
Watch out, the Brady Bunch will say the pillow makes an improvised silencer and will try to restrict its sale to undercover cops only :p

Rob62
August 26, 2008, 07:25 PM
If this is a joke you sure put a lot of effort into it :D

If its not a joke. I don't think it is a good idea. I would not use, and discourage others from using it.

You most certainly will violate one of the 4 basic rules of gun safety - RULE II: NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO DESTROY

I don't see how a handgun would possibly be placed into the pillow without breaking this rule.

Regards,
Rob

Blues Brother
August 26, 2008, 07:35 PM
hey, better yet, say that the metal of your gun in the pillow provides anitoxidant properties like those bogus bracelets that people wear to cure cancer and arthritis. ;)

WayneConrad
August 26, 2008, 07:38 PM
It may be a good idea, but I could not tell. As I tried to read it, the web site kept blinking at me and pulling my eye away. This is a fault in my brain, I am afraid. Things that blink make it impossible for me to focus. Sorry.

You may wish to visit some pages or see some books on web design (not technique). Flashy isn't necessarily better when you're trying to sell an idea. I want to send you to this site (http://www.webpagesthatsuck.com/) for some constructive criticism, but please do not take the name of the site to heart. Do not take the name of the site literally--I do not mean that your site sucks. Just that it perhaps has some design elements that may distract from selling.

I hope I haven't been harsh. I truly don't mean to be. I just couldn't use your web page.

Walkalong
August 26, 2008, 07:41 PM
The site was annoying. :)

Wes Janson
August 26, 2008, 07:45 PM
You most certainly will violate one of the 4 basic rules of gun safety - RULE II: NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO DESTROY

I don't see how a handgun would possibly be placed into the pillow without breaking this rule.

Because the muzzle points to the side? Which makes it no different than a nightstand safe, or any other form of secure or insecure storage. Most people sleep with their head on the pillow, not beside the pillow.

GrizzlyGraves
August 26, 2008, 07:49 PM
Hmmm. 1st post is selling something...

I smell a hoax/troll

nalioth
August 26, 2008, 07:51 PM
You are forgetting that firearms do not spontaneously discharge.

RULE II: NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO DESTROY ( WHILE IT'S IN YOUR HAND )

jlbraun
August 26, 2008, 07:55 PM
Now I've seen everything. A tactical pillow. Does it come with rails?

Just kidding. Good on you for getting a product out there and taking a risk, now the market will decide whether it's worth something.

rainbowbob
August 26, 2008, 08:18 PM
I think the website looks great (although I do agree the flashing stuff is a little distracting).

I think the concept and design of the pillow is great (if it is indeed comfortable).

I am glad to see you have a patent pending. I hold a patent (for something totally unrelated) and know what that process is like. I hope you have an patent attorney working for you. I was able to get an attorney to work basically for free in exchange for a future interest in the product. You may be able to do the same.

I'd buy it (depending on affordability). If price was not an issue for me - I'd buy it anyway.

GingerGuy
August 26, 2008, 08:19 PM
Does it control snoring?

Bad idea...

WinchesterAA
August 26, 2008, 08:22 PM
what's wrong with sleeping 1911 in hand, cocked and locked?

Orange_Magnum
August 26, 2008, 08:22 PM
I'm not sure this is a good idea at all.

First, why would you store valueables that are free to grab (grab the pillow) when you sleep?

Secondly, no sane person will store a loaded hand gun potentially pointing into your ear from turning the pillow around in your sleep.

Third, you will be sued to the end of the world from all misshappenings just waiting to happen.

You can, though, market it as an anti-assault pillow if it was for the purpose of storing a can of mace. For anti-gun tenters perhaps?

Cosmoline
August 26, 2008, 08:34 PM
Lots of nay-sayers, but I like it. I don't really use a pillow for sleeping, but I like it as a throw pillow for "hidden in plain sight" protection. The firearm itself would need to be retained in a kydex-style enclosure to ensure no AD's I suspect. But that's easy enough to do.

RULE II: NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO DESTROY

You don't understand the rule. If your interpretation were correct, NOBODY COULD EVER CARRY A FIREARM. Think about it for a second.

Then how could I put my revolver in a shoulder holster, "pointing" at everyone as I turn? How could I put it in a belt holster, "pointing at my legs and feet? How could I put it in a Seventrees rig, "pointing" at my arm and head? Coopers rules are not Biblical edicts. You need to use your head.

never_retreat
August 26, 2008, 08:49 PM
Maybe make up some smaller pillows for the couch. Now that would be handy.
After all who doesn't sleep with there gun holstered iwb pj's anyway.

Rokyudai
August 26, 2008, 08:56 PM
Does it come with a Kevlar Blanky???? LOL!

Good luck with this in all seriousness!

Rok

bikerdoc
August 26, 2008, 09:00 PM
I agree with grizzly

lysander
August 26, 2008, 09:03 PM
Lots of nay-sayers, but I like it. I don't really use a pillow for sleeping, but I like it as a throw pillow for "hidden in plain sight" protection. The firearm itself would need to be retained in a kydex-style enclosure to ensure no AD's I suspect. But that's easy enough to do.

I like the hiding in plain sight aspect as well. Up close and in a pinch...you wouldn't even need to draw the pistol to get at least one shot off. Sort of re-defines "pillow fight." :eek:

That being said...I would really want that inner holster/pouch wrapped in Kevlar.

scrat
August 26, 2008, 09:05 PM
im going to go with.

THIS IS A BAD IDEA.

:what:

akodo
August 26, 2008, 09:06 PM
so why do you keep your passport in your pillow?

is that because you take this pillow on the airplane, and the gun won't get spotted by the metal detector because the pillow is lined, so hey, put in a handy passport holder spot?

Or maybe those nighttime invaders will want to know for sure who you are, so while they are examining your passport, you can get the drop on them.

give
August 26, 2008, 09:52 PM
i am torn,i mean i guess its a better way then to have it just under your pillow,like i am sure some bone has done before,i am a big fan of having your handgun between the matterss and box spring,that works better for me,i have little ones and sometimes i wake up with them right next to me so i dont think it would work for me,but i am sure others would like the idea

bnkrazy
August 26, 2008, 10:08 PM
I think the product will be of interest for those that sleep with a pistol under the pillow and want a bit more security or those who want easy access to a firearm and don't have a nightstand, etc.

I too have a little constructive criticism regarding the site. I realize the product isn't available yet, but just a few tidbits for the future.

Flash is not generally used on commercial sites except as a method of highlighting a specific section or area. As is, it will be hard to get search engines to index your site as they cannot "read" the flash content. If I were you, I'd redo the site in (X)HTML and use Flash objects only to add an extra bit of animation, etc. if that's what you're after.

The presentation looks great, I'd just pull that section out and have it embedded in a normal (X)HTML site.

In any case, I hope the product does well!

JackBurtonJr
August 26, 2008, 10:28 PM

This is obviously a rule about handling a gun -- not a general rule for 100% of a guns existance.

When I sit down with my gun in my front pocket the muzzle is covering everyone in front of me. Am I breaking the rule? No.

If you carry on the side with a cant of any kind it's impossible to walk up stairs without the muzzle covering anyone behind you. Is the rule being broken? No.

I don't want to "destroy" anything in my car but when I transfer the gun from my pocket to the console the muzzle has to point somewhere. Am I breaking the rule? No.

The pillow may or may not be silly... but it's not a rule breaker any more than any other "holster" is.

XD_fan
August 26, 2008, 10:32 PM
This is fine until a crook grabs the pillow to use the pillow case to put loot into. You have just donated them a gun.

scrat
August 26, 2008, 10:33 PM
that and i just cant seem to figure out how you can have a gun under your pillow pointing towards your spouse or through your color telivison. frankly i would not trust my self. i would be moving around grabbing the pillow when im half asleep. No its ok i will pass. Sell these to the russian military in Georgia lets see how they do

Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow
August 26, 2008, 10:34 PM
I kinda dig it actually - mainly because of the portability of it. When you go on vacation or camping, just grab your little pillow and gun and ammo automatically follow.

harmonic
August 26, 2008, 10:35 PM
It's not only a bad concept, but it's a bad business idea. No way a hunk of steel in your pillow is going to be comfortable.

This is a joke, right?

GearHead_1
August 26, 2008, 10:38 PM
Besides the fact that I think this is a terrible idea, I always feel funny about someone who makes their first post and tries to sell something. Come say hi, introduce yourself, get to know us, then try to sell us something. :D

harmonic
August 26, 2008, 11:11 PM
Come say hi an introduce yourself, get to know us, then sell us something.

I wouldn't buy that thing even if he had 1000 posts.

esmith
August 26, 2008, 11:21 PM
http://www.funnyforumpics.com/forums/fail/4/Fail-carl.jpg (http://www.funnyforumpics.com)

RonE
August 26, 2008, 11:41 PM
I guess it will make you pay close attention which end of the pillow that you put in the pillow case first.

Now if you pay for enough advertising in two or three gun rags and pay some hack to "review" the product, you will probably sell one to half the trailer houses in America and a few more too.

Will they come in camo and tactical black?

rondog
August 26, 2008, 11:42 PM
Um, no thanks. I'd suggest that you don't sink your life's savings into it either.

Larry Ashcraft
August 27, 2008, 12:04 AM
Spamming is a bad idea here.

Larry Ashcraft
August 27, 2008, 08:11 AM
After some staff discussion, it was decided to re-open this thread.

Whether for or against the product, please keep your responses on The High Road.

spwenger
August 27, 2008, 12:21 PM
...(I believe that I've told the long story in another thread here) I have a friend who once reached under his pillow, while asleep, and unwittingly fired his 1911 pistol, hidden there. I had to point out to him that the 1911 includes a grip safety, so that he would have had to have grasped the gun in his hand in order for it to have fired, in order to convince him that the gun did not "go off by itself because the thumb safety worked off."

I know of a few cases where people successfully defended themselves because they were able to reach under the pillow for a handgun but I don't know of a good way to screen for the difference between those among us who will leave the gun alone until we are awake and those who may reach for it while asleep.

plexreticle
August 27, 2008, 12:24 PM
Wow, that allot of webpage just for a pillow.

Bubbles
August 27, 2008, 12:29 PM
I haven't looked at the web site. From a purchasing standpoint, I'd be more likely to get one to use as a decorative couch/throw pillow than for the pillow that I use for sleeping.

TT
August 27, 2008, 12:34 PM
I don't know of a good way to screen for the difference between those among us who will leave the gun alone until we are awake and those who may reach for it while asleep.

Before I started keeping a Browning Hi-Power under my pillow C&L, I did a 6 month trial where I kept it C&L but with an empty chamber. In the 6 months the safety never got knocked off, nor the trigger pulled, nor anything else untoward. Easy test to run and it will give you a good idea of whether youíre safe with your gun under the pillow or not.

CWL
August 27, 2008, 12:46 PM
The intro is annoying, why waste our time with crosshairs? What does it have to do with your product? FLASH intros are not new or exciting.

The way the pistol fits in the center doesn't look like it will come out very easily, especially during emergencies where the person may be scared but still sleepy. ND waiting to happen.

Why would I need to store my passport in a pillow?

I think that there is no market for this product unless you are planning on shooting the person in bed next to you.

I probably wouldn't buy it even if I liked it because it was SPAMMED

leadcounsel
August 27, 2008, 01:17 PM
From a security standpoint I like the product. Hiding a weapon in easy reach and plain site is a great idea and the pillow does both of these very well. I give it a "B" in security. The only knock is that if discovered it would easily be stolen. A thief raiding your home may pick up under the pillows for a gun because people frequently hide them there; and the weight of the pillow would be a dead give away.

From a safety standpoint I give it an "F." Having a gun next to your head, pointed at either your body or your spouse/significant other is an unbelievably dumb idea. Many people toss and turn and fidget with their pillows at night and these movements have a very real risk of discharging a handgun and possibly injuring or killing someone. Even the drawing motion seems dangerous. It could theoretically be pointed at your spouse when you draw the weapon - and the drawing motion could touch the kill switch. How is this any more risky than the nightstand? Well in the nightstand the gun sits undisturbed until you need it - at which point you open the drawer and pull the gun out and there are presumably no obstructions. And the drawing motion is a lot different than concealed carry, where you generally draw with your muzzle pointed down in an upward motion with no obstruction. With the pillow you are drawing out of a horizonatal foam and fabric filled object. Just too dangerous.

From a lawsuit standpoint I also give it an "F." The first person that is shot drawing from or sleeping on the pillow will sue you into bankruptcy or even worse... an egregious enough case could have you answering to criminal complaints and eroding gun rights.

I think you really need to rethink this product.

rondog
August 27, 2008, 01:47 PM
I personally would rather have one of those holsters that is anchored between the mattresses and hangs on the side of the bed. I can't stand anything under my pillow, I have enough trouble sleeping.

PILMAN
August 27, 2008, 01:50 PM
Edited.

rc109a
August 27, 2008, 02:03 PM
I think it is a creative concept. I am not sure if I too would be comfortable with the gun under my head (not because it is a gun, but for the fact that it is a large piece of metal). This concept can be manipulated into other things to hide a gun in. Some items that can be modified are throw pillows, mattresses, sofas, chairs, stuffed animals for the kids (only kidding don't beat me!!!) and other situations. Keep pushing the ideas and don't let people stop you from the creative processes.

LoneSniper3
August 27, 2008, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Orange Magnum
I'm not sure this is a good idea at all.
First, why would you store valueables that are free to grab (grab the pillow) when you sleep?
Secondly, no sane person will store a loaded hand gun potentially pointing into your ear from turning the pillow around in your sleep.
Third, you will be sued to the end of the world from all misshappenings just waiting to happen.
You can, though, market it as an anti-assault pillow if it was for the purpose of storing a can of mace. For anti-gun tenters perhaps?

1. We are most vulnerable while asleep. The Security Pillow is the most efficient place to safely store your firearm. If an assailant gets the jump on you and you only have a split second to react then a safe, bedside table, under the bed, or in the closet just wont cut it. Besides tons of people already sleep with a gun under their pillow. This is just a safer way to do it.

2. You are incorrect here as well. I sleep with a loaded Glock 23 in my Security Pillow prototype every night. Don't forget that handguns (especially modern ones) do not just discharge on their own. You have to pull the trigger.

3. The Security Pillow will be used at ones own risk. There will be proper legal disclosures and insurance to handle this. Let's face it the pillow is not more dangerous than the gun. It is no more dangerous than having it on your hip or shoulder.

4. I'm not even going to dignify this statement with an answer.

LoneSniper3
August 27, 2008, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Scrat
im going to go with.
THIS IS A BAD IDEA.

Would you mind elaborating on this a little bit?

Gaiudo
August 27, 2008, 02:53 PM
I rather like it. Granted, more for a throw pillow than a sleeping pillow, but I don't think it would be uncomfortable with the "space foam" pillows that are out there.

I agree, I would want a kydex holster in there, perhaps even with the velcro option like Crossbreed Holsters offer where you could swap out the velcro holster when you want to swap guns.

LoneSniper3
August 27, 2008, 03:00 PM
Quote:
akodo
so why do you keep your passport in your pillow?
is that because you take this pillow on the airplane, and the gun won't get spotted by the metal detector because the pillow is lined, so hey, put in a handy passport holder spot?
Or maybe those nighttime invaders will want to know for sure who you are, so while they are examining your passport, you can get the drop on them.

Very funny! The security pouches on the top are a value added. They are there for extra ammo, valuables, sensitive docs., or whatever your little heart desires. A passport was the only thing that we could insert that would be legible and understandable by the average person.

Don't rule out the possibility of having a separate pillow designated solely to storing valuables that can be stored in a spare bedroom, or lennon closet. When's the last time you have heard of a burglar storming a lennon closet?

MT GUNNY
August 27, 2008, 03:13 PM
Good or not, Its one of those million dollar Ideas. Is it ambidextrous?

LoneSniper3
August 27, 2008, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Grizzly Graves
Hmmm. 1st post is selling something...
I smell a hoax/troll

I am sorry that you feel that way Grizzly. You should know that I'm not selling anything. This product is not currently for sale and likely wont be for some time. That's if it even makes it to the assembly line. I am merely trying to get feedback on the concept.

Please stop accusing me of being a "Hoax" or "Spam." I am a gun enthusiast and long time NRA member just like most of the people on here. I have done my best to participate in the discussion and will continue to do so.

LoneSniper3
August 27, 2008, 03:24 PM
Quote:
MT Gunny
Good or not, Its one of those million dollar Ideas. Is it ambidextrous?

Thank you sir! Yes, the pillow is ambidextrous.

nplant
August 27, 2008, 03:25 PM
If you have a bedframe of any sort, this is a better idea. Have one, and like it. They're even having a sale this Labor Day.

http://www.sshmi.com

The only thing is that you have to provide a holster to attach to it. I don't know about the rest of you folks, but I had a few that didn't work out so well for on-body carry, and used one of those to attach to the SureSet mount. It sits right next to my head, but holstered tight and secure, and out of the normal path of even my heaviest tossing and turning.

YMMV, of course. Good luck with the product. I wouldn't get anywhere near one, personally.

Eightball
August 27, 2008, 04:19 PM
I can't help but wonder how bad the Smith and Wesson semi-auto pictured in the pillow on the website would snag coming out of that restricted access tunnel.

Good idea, could have a better execution on the website.

neviander
August 27, 2008, 04:24 PM
what's wrong with sleeping 1911 in hand, cocked and locked?
rofl

After watching the intro on your site I think of that scene on Fun with Dick and Jane where Jim Carrey's character is trying to pull the fake gun out of his hoodie, while trying to rob the quickie mart. I'm not saying that would happen, just a plausible scenario :)

edrice
August 27, 2008, 05:16 PM
This gives new meaning to the term "pillow fight." :D

There might some good travel potential to this pillow, especially for storing valuable items while away from a motel room. You just have to take the pillow with you on your trip. I've always sought out sneaky ways of storing things, especially on the road, and I've ended up keeping them right through a couple of burglaries too.

I like it. Keep us informed of your progress. I think some in here are yoo quick to jump and not looking at all the angles.

Ed

1 old 0311
August 27, 2008, 05:24 PM
My pillow ends up all over the place. Not for me.

LoneSniper3
August 27, 2008, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Harmonic
It's not only a bad concept, but it's a bad business idea. No way a hunk of steel in your pillow is going to be comfortable.
This is a joke, right?

This is not a joke and I assure you that the pillow is extremely comfortable, even with a "hunk of steel" in it. Do you know what I'm basing this off of? Well let me go ahead and tell you... Successful trials with the prototype using a Springfield XD45, Glock 23, S&W Model 15 .38 spc 4" barrel, Ruger Security Six 6" barrel. The pillow comfortably disguises all of these. What are you basing your statement off of? "It's not only a bad concept, but it's a bad business idea." I mean I'm sure you have a great reason for saying this right?

feedthehogs
August 27, 2008, 05:36 PM
I think it is a good idea. I sleep when traveling with my gun under the pillow with the major problem of being felt thru cheap pillows.

Comfort with pillows are important with me and memory foam is a good idea. I would not hesitate to purchase a couple after I was able to try them out.

I would lose the subliminal pat pending flash on the site though. It doesn't bother me much, but Rydlyn isn't part of my diet like so many youngsters these days.

Those who have no skills beyond pushing burgers out the drive in will always poo poo new ideas and inventions. They're jealous they didn't think of it first.

I'm not saying that would happen, just a plausible scenario certainly being a movie script that was written for just that effect wouldn't carry any weight now would it?

Lonestar49
August 27, 2008, 05:37 PM

LS3,

I found the site extremely pleasing on the eyes, and modern, professional appearing and easy viewing..

I would also most likely buy one when they become marketable for ya..

I hope it works out for ya, as I think it is a great concept and memory foam is good for the head and neck..

Keep us, me, posted as to availability either thru a thread update or PM..

Thanks,

Ls

Dravur
August 27, 2008, 05:45 PM
whooaaaa.

Bad plan. Let's see. I have a holster next to the bed. I can get the gun out of that holster or grab the 870 next to the bed in no time flat.

If i have to get into a pillow fight with a bad guy until I can figure out where the darn hole is....It's gonna be a bad day.

Let's see.... holster where I know exactly where it is and how to grasp it... or having to fight to find the entrance to the pillow while the bad guy falls apart laughing.

Bad pillow....

jakemccoy
August 27, 2008, 05:45 PM
I love to see horizontal thinking in action. Had I thought of this, I would have filed for the patent myself. I can imagine this pillow being useful for somebody who's bedridden or who has back problems. That's me when I put out my back...lol. The right marketing may take you places. We are talking about a niche within a niche though.

CWL
August 27, 2008, 05:54 PM
LoneSniper3,

You are seeing this Forum's response to your idea, no need to get upset if most of us are not inclined towards it. Hey, you asked us "what are your thoughts,..." -well, you got them.

I would advise you to speak to a patent attorney AND a civil trial attorney next. You will find that just putting an advisory warning will get you nowhere in litigation prevention or protection. The first time someone is injured via a ND, OR if someone is attacked in their home after they purchased your product (yes Judge, I believed that purchasing the pillow would help me to defend myself, but the BG still was able to hit me before I could draw...) you will be buried in trial expenses long before any judgements are issued.

Also, the type of people who keep pistols under their pillows probably aren't the best-trained, safety-minded people around. I doubt that they would spend the money to buy a special pillow.

Lastly, I own several memory foam pillows and all of them would compress to the point where I could feel a gun in the middle of it.

It's your idea, If you really believe in it, don't let us stop you. You may have the last laugh, but I doubt it.

spwenger
August 27, 2008, 05:59 PM
Before I started keeping a Browning Hi-Power under my pillow C&L, I did a 6 month trial where I kept it C&L but with an empty chamber. In the 6 months the safety never got knocked off, nor the trigger pulled, nor anything else untoward. Easy test to run and it will give you a good idea of whether youíre safe with your gun under the pillow or not.
I'm quite sure that my friend had slept with a cocked and locked 1911 under his pillow for more than six months before his mishap. What I don't know if there had been any change in any of the medications he was taking prior to the incident (which occurred a few years before he finally told me about it.)

While it could conceivably occur with other medications, Ambien (zolpidem), in particular, has been implicated in all sorts of bizarre behavior while asleep, including driving automobiles. I guess that anyone who chooses to keep a firearm under the pillow, whether a conventional pillow or a purpose-built one, needs to be particularly careful about the medications they take and how they affect sleep.

RobNDenver
August 27, 2008, 06:12 PM
I think I will stick with my safe in the nightstand. As far as hiding a gun in plain sight, I have mine on my desk right now. In the open, right next to me and you couldn't see it from where you are sitting, could you.

Seriously. . . I don't think that you are likely to be able to sell many of these. Most responsible gun owners would be concerned that the muzzle would sweep your SO in bed, and retailers would be apprehensive about liability claims.

Seotaji
August 27, 2008, 06:18 PM
what type of foam does it use?

a combination of med. and high density would be good for support and durability. anything less and it might as well be a pillow from wal-mart.

TT
August 27, 2008, 06:23 PM
I guess that anyone who chooses to keep a firearm under the pillow, whether a conventional pillow or a purpose-built one, needs to be particularly careful about the medications they take and how they affect sleep.

Good point, Iíll keep that in mind if I am ever prescribed any sleep medications.

feedthehogs
August 27, 2008, 06:45 PM
Most responsible gun owners would be concerned that the muzzle would sweep your SO in bed, and retailers would be apprehensive about liability claims.

I thought we already put that one to rest earlier.

I guess it would only be a problem if you slept with your FINGER ON THE TRIGGER.

LoneSniper3
August 27, 2008, 10:00 PM
Quote:
Dravur
whooaaaa.
Bad plan. Let's see. I have a holster next to the bed. I can get the gun out of that holster or grab the 870 next to the bed in no time flat.
If i have to get into a pillow fight with a bad guy until I can figure out where the darn hole is....It's gonna be a bad day.
Let's see.... holster where I know exactly where it is and how to grasp it... or having to fight to find the entrance to the pillow while the bad guy falls apart laughing.Bad pillow....

Thanks for your feedback! So what's to say the intruder/assailant isn't going to pull the fully exposed handgun or 870 on you and blast before you even wake up? A gun in the open is never a good idea in my opinion, especially when you are sleeping. I hope you're an extremely light sleeper my friend!

How did you get comfortable with the placement of your current holster and how to draw the firearm efficiently? I'll bet it was through practice and repitition wasn't it? Using The Security Pillow is the same, trust me. I have slept with the prototype every night for 3 weeks now, and if an intruder came into my room he would wouldn't even know what was coming. This gives me the element of surprise, which always gives you leverage in a self defense situation!

LoneSniper3
August 27, 2008, 10:29 PM
Quote:
TWC
LoneSniper3,
You are seeing this Forum's response to your idea, no need to get upset if most of us are not inclined towards it. Hey, you asked us "what are your thoughts,..." -well, you got them.
I would advise you to speak to a patent attorney AND a civil trial attorney next. You will find that just putting an advisory warning will get you nowhere in litigation prevention or protection. The first time someone is injured via a ND, OR if someone is attacked in their home after they purchased your product (yes Judge, I believed that purchasing the pillow would help me to defend myself, but the BG still was able to hit me before I could draw...) you will be buried in trial expenses long before any judgements are issued.
Also, the type of people who keep pistols under their pillows probably aren't the best-trained, safety-minded people around. I doubt that they would spend the money to buy a special pillow.
Lastly, I own several memory foam pillows and all of them would compress to the point where I could feel a gun in the middle of it.
It's your idea, If you really believe in it, don't let us stop you. You may have the last laugh, but I doubt it.

I am not sure what you mean by getting upset? Can you please give me an exact example? You see I am only trying to state a response to the feedback on this thread. I welcome respectful feedback and people with constructive criticism on this invention, regardless of whether they like it or not. You see I understand that it's not everyone's cup of tea and this idea is targeted towards a definite niche market, but If someone is rude to me and totally bashes it in an obviously disrespectful way, then I'm going to give them a similar response. Would you propose that I just let someone walk all over me or my idea without even a debate? I think not sir!

I am aware of the implications of possible law suits. I am more than confident that great insurance, solid business structure, and iron clad legal disclosures will take care of that. Either way, how about we just let the attorneys handle that?

Your next statement is a generalization. I am a responsible, well trained gun owner and I sleep with this pillow every night. In fact if you even read the rest of this thread you would have noticed that there are plenty of others like me.

I also have multiple memory foam pillows. Some will disguise a handgun and some won't, but the prototype currently does, and final product will disguise most handguns flawlessly. The foam for The Security Pillow was specifically designed for its application.

LoneSniper3
August 27, 2008, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Seotaji
what type of foam does it use?
a combination of med. and high density would be good for support and durability. anything less and it might as well be a pillow from wal-mart.

You're absolutely right! I have been working very hard to ensure that the final product will be made with high quality materials and construction. Let's face it, if it's not comfortable, then the idea is a bust. The foam is very similar to the consistency of a tempur-pedic pillow. The Security Pillow is just slightly thicker and a bit more dense. Thank you for your feedback!

akodo
August 27, 2008, 11:02 PM
Don't rule out the possibility of having a separate pillow designated solely to storing valuables that can be stored in a spare bedroom, or lennon closet. When's the last time you have heard of a burglar storming a lennon closet?

Yes, I have never seen a burglar storm a lennon closet, except maybe John's.

However, I do know this. Whenever someone mass produces and markets a product that hides valuables (fake soup can, fake afteshave can, clock that opens, picture that opens) the staff at "criminal college" (aka jail) very soon include this item in their curriculum

scrat
August 27, 2008, 11:13 PM
Ok i was asked to elaborate on this. I thought i did on post 32. So i will repost that then give another comment.

that and i just cant seem to figure out how you can have a gun under your pillow pointing towards your spouse or through your color telivison. frankly i would not trust my self. i would be moving around grabbing the pillow when im half asleep. No its ok i will pass. Sell these to the russian military in Georgia lets see how they do

Ok I am a firm believer in saying there is a time and place for everything. However Keeping a firearm under my head is not one of them. I cant and would not advise any one i know on purchasing one. There are far better places to put a firearm than in my pillow. Second thing you could not pay me enough to have a firearm in my pillow pointed at my wife. (if it was). It goes against what i said earlier. Time and place for everything. This for sure is not the place. I would much rather put two Round hooks behind the night stand with a handgun pointed away and towards the ground. It would be out of site and i would not have to worry about any kinds of accidents. Same time i do have kids. Weather not i want to admit it or not. kids go into there parents rooms. They do I know i did. I remember when i was a kid i used to run as fast as i good and jump as high as i could on my parents bed. I thought that was the best thing on earth. Heck just the other day i caught my 9 year old trying to act like he was wrestling the pillow on our bed. Kids will be kids. No matter how much you educate them they will be kids. We were too. Think about all the things you used to do when your parents were gone when you were kids. Heck i remember playing hide and seek with me being in the clothes dryer. Its just not a good deal. Id rather see something in the bottom of a night lamp. Maybe a fake side that you pull down and push a three button code. Door opens up and you take out your stuff. That is if you need something that close. I have 2 safes i think my valubles will be better off in the safe than under my head. Just my thought. However i really dont think your going to get that big of a bang for your buck selling something that holds a gun under your head. Sorry you asked me to elaborate. i can send this to a bunch more people and probably get your more responses. However i am just not too sure how far you want to go. So anyhow let me know how far i can post this like crazy and get a bunch of responses. Im just not too sure its going to be what you want to hear.

Dravur
August 27, 2008, 11:46 PM
Thanks for your feedback! So what's to say the intruder/assailant isn't going to pull the fully exposed handgun or 870 on you and blast before you even wake up? A gun in the open is never a good idea in my opinion, especially when you are sleeping. I hope you're an extremely light sleeper my friend!

How did you get comfortable with the placement of your current holster and how to draw the firearm efficiently? I'll bet it was through practice and repitition wasn't it? Using The Security Pillow is the same, trust me. I have slept with the prototype every night for 3 weeks now, and if an intruder came into my room he would wouldn't even know what was coming. This gives me the element of surprise, which always gives you leverage in a self defense situation!

and my response...

Nice try. But I do practice drawing from the holster next to the bed. You see, it is in exactly the same spot every time. So is the 870. The pillow does not offer that guarantee as I sleep on my side and I know... when I get woken up by an intruder, the first thing I want to do is figure out where my pillow is, which end has the hole and why is it rolled up like that.

And if you want to start with scenarios...What if the bad guy brought his own gun. Even if I had the magic pillow, I'd still be dead. Only this way, The cops would find me with my hand stuck up a pillow like some demented puppeteer....

Sorry. As far as I can tell, this is a lame product the world just does not need. I put it in with the pet rock and Oprah.

but hey, I might be wrong and you might make a million bucks. I wouldn't bet my money on it.

I'm liking these apples.

Now, the real question is.... why would you come to a gun board, ask for responses about a product and then get all defensive when people.... give their opinion? I have given you my opinion as to why I would never purchase this product. I have valid reasons based on my sleep patterns and the fact that a pillow tends to get moved around at night. My holster and 870 do not.

scrat
August 27, 2008, 11:50 PM
Agreed 100%

harmonic
August 28, 2008, 12:11 AM
The pillow comfortably disguises all of these. What are you basing your statement off of? "It's not only a bad concept, but it's a bad business idea." I mean I'm sure you have a great reason for saying this right?

Yeah, it's called common sense. It's not going to sell. Period. Responsible gun owners aren't going to be content to sleep with a loaded gun pointed at their wife's head.

Even if I were foolish enough to try such a product, I certainly wouldn't buy yours. I'd just go to wallyworld and buy a foam pillow and make my own. We're not talking brain surgery, here.

You're getting kind of prissy about some of the responses you're getting. What do you expect? You come onto this forum spamming your idea but don't like honest opinions?

My opinion is that it's a foolish product that won't net you a dime.

But have at it. It's no skin off my nose.

scrat
August 28, 2008, 12:37 AM
if i were to buy that i hope that some slaps some sense in me. Might just have to beat myself up. A gun pointed at the wifes head does not fly. I like my bed the way it is thank you

jakemccoy
August 28, 2008, 12:43 AM
Sorry. As far as I can tell, this is a lame product the world just does not need. I put it in with the pet rock and Oprah.

Hey, put me with Oprah too. Please include just 1% of her worth ($20M+).

KC0QGL
August 28, 2008, 12:43 AM
Neat.

gpdave
August 28, 2008, 12:59 AM
Interesting idea. Not my cup of tea, but I don't really use pillows, and tend to throw the one i use on the floor. It could be good for car camping, as an "out of the way" place to keep a gun while sleeping.

I'd like to see videos of "drawing from concealment". In other words, i'd like to see a video of someone lying down in a standard sleeping position, and starting from that position, draw and fire at a target 7m away. Based on the picture, i'd worry about snagging if a larger pistol like a 1911 is used.

And if you are serious, change your website format to something similar. Not everyone has broadband/lives in a country with fast internet.

misANTHrope
August 28, 2008, 01:02 AM
Bold text is cool.

LoneSniper3
August 28, 2008, 01:35 AM
Quote:
ClaudeClay
very good presentation.
first i laughed ( bet ua figgured on that)
but......actually, it is a useful. a light weight K-T or J-frame and it is also a sound suppressor ( Pay the Pillow Tax!!!).
gotta love it. a must have for the next time you are having a pillow fight.

Thank you for your feedback Claude! I am currently looking into this suppressor theory. I'm sure there is a way around that because the pillow was not specifically designed to shoot inside of the pillow, it just turned out that way. I guess I'll just have to go ahead and give Uncle Sam his cut with income taxes.

LoneSniper3
August 28, 2008, 01:40 AM
Quote:
JakeMcCoy
Hey, put me with Oprah too. Please include just 1% of her worth ($20M+).

Amen brother! If this thing is categorized with Oprah then you know it's golden! That woman is supremely successful and has more money than the good lord himself! Not much of a cut down.

LoneSniper3
August 28, 2008, 01:44 AM
Quote:
GPDave
Interesting idea. Not my cup of tea, but I don't really use pillows, and tend to throw the one i use on the floor. It could be good for car camping, as an "out of the way" place to keep a gun while sleeping.
I'd like to see videos of "drawing from concealment". In other words, i'd like to see a video of someone lying down in a standard sleeping position, and starting from that position, draw and fire at a target 7m away. Based on the picture, i'd worry about snagging if a larger pistol like a 1911 is used.
And if you are serious, change your website format to something similar. Not everyone has broadband/lives in a country with fast internet.

Thanks for the input Dave! I love the idea about the video! I am going to work on putting a little something together for that once we have finalized the protoype. That should help silence the naysayers! Good stuff man!

biggiesmalls
August 28, 2008, 04:52 AM
dont listen to the negative guys. they could at least be nicer in attitude and tone. you have a great idea. logistics wise, can you make it work? will you be able to draw the gun while your head is still on the pillow? (i'm thinking it might press down and make it hard to draw) also, what keeps the gun from moving around inside the pillow?

NotPbFree
August 28, 2008, 05:48 AM
Nope, not sleeping with a gun under my head. Nightstand seems more practical, plus I will remember to put the nightstand gun in the safe before leaving the house.

Is it April 1st already?

NukemJim
August 28, 2008, 06:14 AM
1) IMHO Interesting idea!

2) I would need to handle it myself before purchasing. If it was a well executed design I would probably purchase one.

3) A "hammerless" design revolver (S&W 640) would be able to be used for extreme close quarters while still in the pillow. ( If someone shot a BG through the pillow and it reduced the noise would you be in trouble with BATFE for making a suppressor?:p)

4) We are talking about a niche within a niche though. Absolutely correct, but the first niche (i.e. firearms owners) is about 30 million people from one estimate so it might be profitable, I am so not a business person.:(

5) Did not like the intro on the website at all, it was well done I just did not like it. The rest of the website was excellently executed and appeared well designed. One small suggestion, replace the passport with a flashlight, can of pepper spray, or cell phone. That is just in reaction from a prior poster in this thread complaining about the passport in the web site image.

Hope the idea pans out for you and you make the product so I could evaluate it for purchase.

Good luck

NukemJim

rc109a
August 28, 2008, 06:48 AM
Some people will like it and others will not. Most great inventions start with someone telling the inventor that their ideas suck. The inventor takes that criticism onboard and moves along smartly. He does not throw it away, but uses it to improve his product and marketing. This may just be the start of a larger endevore. I wish you the best of luck and hope that you turn out a quality product. Just remember one thing, never take criticism personally and attack the consumer. You make not like them or their ideas, but they are still your potential customers. Good Luck!

edrice
August 28, 2008, 11:09 AM
The pillow comfortably disguises all of these. What are you basing your statement off of? "It's not only a bad concept, but it's a bad business idea." I mean I'm sure you have a great reason for saying this right?

Yeah, it's called common sense. It's not going to sell. Period. Responsible gun owners aren't going to be content to sleep with a loaded gun pointed at their wife's head.

Even if I were foolish enough to try such a product, I certainly wouldn't buy yours. I'd just go to wallyworld and buy a foam pillow and make my own. We're not talking brain surgery, here.

You're getting kind of prissy about some of the responses you're getting. What do you expect? You come onto this forum spamming your idea but don't like honest opinions?

My opinion is that it's a foolish product that won't net you a dime.

Cetainly sounds like yours wouldn't sell and that you'd need a lot more R&D like LoneSniper3 is doing.

A lot of you still aren't seeing all the angles. In addition to the travel potential I mentioned earlier, there are other ways to use it. My wife and I have mulitple pillows one our bed because lots of times we sit propped up in bed watching TV and one pillow doesn't do it. Some of these pillows end up on the floor leaning against the bed while we're asleep. One of those could be this pillow with the gun aimed downward at the floor and at no one's head. This could actually be handier than a nightstand or safe, because it's hidden and easier and more noiseless than a nightstand door or drawer.

While I do have a large Browning safe, over the years I've developed secret compartments in furniture and walls and cabinets that hold firearms and other valuables and I like this idea. Some of the compartments are very secure and not meant to be immediately accessible. Others hide a weapon almost in plain sight and make it easy to retrieve. This pillow could be very effective and I like it much better than coded handgun safes that scream "GUN IN HERE!" to the world.

You don't even have to sleep with this thing under your head, but that went over some people's heads. It just amazes me how automatically closed-minded and narrow some can be without even thinking through endless possibilities. These are not your innovative and far-sighted thinkers and would probably still have us shooting muzzleloaders.

LoneSniper3, I notice in the design that the channel bottlenecks down and then opens up to a handgun-sized space. I presume this is to hold the weapon in place should the pillow be inverted with the channel aimed down to keep it from falling out. How easy is it to remove the weapon from the cavity? Will it slide out past the bottleneck easily? Will there be different sizes for different size handguns?

BTW, the website is very professional looking, if not maybe a little long in getting there. I think if it could be shortened up a smigden, it might enhance effectiveness.

Ed

edrice
August 28, 2008, 11:49 AM
BTW, I also notice there is a flap that covers the entrance. Is this velcroed shut? Would one have the option of tucking the flap out of the way or removing it entirely if they so desired, to prevent noise?

Also the flap cover appears black in the demo against the white prototype. Would this flap actually be white in the final product so as not to produce contrast and show through a thin pillow case?

Ed

LoneSniper3
August 28, 2008, 12:28 PM
Quote:
edrice
Cetainly sounds like yours wouldn't sell and that you'd need a lot more R&D like LoneSniper3 is doing.
A lot of you still aren't seeing all the angles. In addition to the travel potential I mentioned earlier, there are other ways to use it. My wife and I have mulitple pillows one our bed because lots of times we sit propped up in bed watching TV and one pillow doesn't do it. Some of these pillows end up on the floor leaning against the bed while we're asleep. One of those could be this pillow with the gun aimed downward at the floor and at no one's head. This could actually be handier than a nightstand or safe, because it's hidden and easier and more noiseless than a nightstand door or drawer.
While I do have a large Browning safe, over the years I've developed secret compartments in furniture and walls and cabinets that hold firearms and other valuables and I like this idea. Some of the compartments are very secure and not meant to be immediately accessible. Others hide a weapon almost in plain sight and make it easy to retrieve. This pillow could be very effective and I like it much better than coded handgun safes that scream "GUN IN HERE!" to the world.
You don't even have to sleep with this thing under your head, but that went over some people's heads. It just amazes me how automatically closed-minded and narrow some can be without even thinking through endless possibilities. These are not your innovative and far-sighted thinkers and would probably still have us shooting muzzleloaders.
LoneSniper3, I notice in the design that the channel bottlenecks down and then opens up to a handgun-sized space. I presume this is to hold the weapon in place should the pillow be inverted with the channel aimed down to keep it from falling out. How easy is it to remove the weapon from the cavity? Will it slide out past the bottleneck easily? Will there be different sizes for different size handguns?
BTW, the website is very professional looking, if not maybe a little long in getting there. I think if it could be shortened up a smigden, it might enhance effectiveness.

First off, let me say that it is so refreshing to have such a thoughtful, open minded, and positive comment! I very much appreciate this Mr. Rice! It's been such a drag having people go out of there way to intentionally be disrespectful and walk all over my idea. Some people don't even look at the website or read the rest of the comments in the thread, then go straight to bashing me. It's amazing! That's life though.

Now to the "meat and potatoes"...

You have some really great points and questions. It's actually quite remarkable how the holster securely holds the pistol in the pillow, yet is extremely easy and quick to remove. I designed the Universal "stretch-to-fit" holster to be permanently fixed inside of the pillow and is made with a very heavy but slick spandex material. This holster works with most pistols & revolvers (6" barells & Desert Eagle .50's would be pushing it). With the holster being fixed and slick the handgun comes out with ease, as long as your head is resting on the pillow, or if you hold the front of the pillow with your non-firing hand. I have used the prototype every night now for a little over 3 weeks, and I can definitely retrieve the firearm faster than if it were in the night stand or a digital safe. I have tested it. My nightstand has a drawer and digital handgun safe bolted to it.

Thank you for your compliment on the website. I am actually working on reconfiguring it now. As per earlier request and advice from this forum I have decided to remove the intro, make the blurbs easier to see, and remove the flashing "Patent Pending" banner at the top. I hope that the sight will be much more straight forward and streamlined once these changes are made. The site is really just a tool to relay the concept. If and when it's time to sell this thing we will commission some real pros. and have them develop a custom site from scratch.

LoneSniper3
August 28, 2008, 12:39 PM
Quote:
edrice
BTW, I also notice there is a flap that covers the entrance. Is this velcroed shut? Would one have the option of tucking the flap out of the way or removing it entirely if they so desired, to prevent noise?

Also the flap cover appears black in the demo against the white prototype. Would this flap actually be white in the final product so as not to produce contrast and show through a thin pillow case?

These are also two very good questions... Yes the flap will be velcroed and removable at ones discretion. To be completely honest with you the prototype that I'm using doesn't have a security flap. For 3 days in the first week of using it I slept with a S&W Model 15 .38 with the hammer in the cocked position (No ammunition for this trial). All three times I woke up with the gun in that exact position. I am not recommending that anyone sleeps with a loaded revolver in a cocked position, I am merely trying to show that it's highly unlikely to unconsciously access the pistol for a number of reasons.

All of the materials for the final product will definitely be white or off white, including the holster and flap. I think you are the only person that picked up on that so far! It's only that way in the website to make it more legible. Good stuff Mr. Rice!

leadcounsel
August 28, 2008, 12:56 PM
K.I.S.S.

What's wrong with my nightstand drawer? It's in the same place every time with no chance of the pressure from my head or an unusual movement by my arms, hands, or some 'rough stuff' going on in the bed causing an AD or ND.

And the nightstand drawer doesn't cost anything.

A patent lawyer and patent will cost several thousand dollars and insurance will likely be difficult and expensive to purchase - and despite your warning signs, some idiot will figure out a way to use the pillow that you didn't foresee and is not covered under your warning, and you'll get sued.

For instance, have you considered the long term affects of storing a handgun in foam? Let's say that the memory foam reacts badly with firearm finish and after long term storage everybody's guns rust. Now you have a product recall AND are sued in a class action suit by 100,000 product owners for the replacement cost of their gun.

Again, I endorse your creativity, but from a product, gun safety and legal standpoint I think this is just a lame duck idea and you'll spend your savings trying to get this off the ground and I doubt it will work.

Look at the responses here, among GUN OWNERS. The majority here won't buy it. Who are you going to market it to? Even if someone IS inclined to buy it, saying they'll buy it and actually buying it are two wildly different things.

If you pursue it, good luck to you.

edrice
August 28, 2008, 01:30 PM
leadcounsel, nobody said anything about something wrong with your nightstand drawer. But I can think of some things I don't like about it. One is that I would have to remove the weapon after each night to put it in a safe place during the day when gone. If you don't do this you're begging to get rid of your weapon and you'd be much better off with a pillow like this that 999 out of 1000 BGs wouldn't even dream of looking at twice.

I do have a gun in a nightstand right now, but if you open the doors you won't see it. It's behind a false wall made with the same wood and stained to match the nightstand intself. I'd never just leave it in a drawer. If you're doing that, then you have much bigger worries than you'd ever have with this pillow.

Another thing is the travel aspect. I don't much imagine you'd be hauling your nightstand around with you.

3rd, if your gun is that likely to go off with "unusual movement by my arms, hands, or some 'rough stuff' going on in the bed," my suggestion would be to get it in to a gunsmith and have it checked out. You should be able to throw this pillow all over the room without your firearm going off. Only use a safe functioning firearm in it. Guns are made to be functionally safe and have to endure more than you having a bad dream. (or a good one)

If the unknown effects of foam worry you, try stainless and/or get the thing out and inspect it every so often. I'd never permanently store a firearm that I depend on for protection without checking it out regularly.

So, the stated legal aspects seems rather moot with the proper precautions, the safety aspects stated seem so nil as to hardly be worth mentioning beyond always using proper gun safety under any circumstances. And as for the last statement, the only thing that the majority of "GUN OWNERS" buy, is GUNs! I probably have lots of thing that the majority of you never will, but they're in stores out there if you want 'em.

I'm not sure why so many in here are just *reacting* to this concept with such old and outdated notions. There seems to be a mindset that wants to put a stop to this. Why is that?

Personally, I could see myself buying two of these things, if and when they become available.

Ed

NotPbFree
August 28, 2008, 04:18 PM
I am starting my own product, the security mattress. Large enough to hold long guns as well handguns. In a pinch you can hide under it. It also doubles as a bank and a stash for "picture books". :neener:

LoneSniper3
August 28, 2008, 06:13 PM
Quote:
NukemJim
Absolutely correct, but the first niche (i.e. firearms owners) is about 30 million people from one estimate so it might be profitable, I am so not a business person.

I love this statement! You're absolutely right! In fact, I would consider this project wildly successful if it were to sell at least 24,000 units internationally per year. This doesn't seem like a lofty goal for me out of 30,000,000 gun owners, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I am actually planning on setting up a booth at the Tulsa Arms Show and NRA Convention as soon as the final prototypes and marketing materials are ready. This will allow people to actually test the unit for themselves.

Anyways, thanks a lot for your input Nukem!

LoneSniper3
August 29, 2008, 02:36 PM
Here is an article that everyone should take a look at...

http://godspath.com/News/Pages/semiautomatic_gun_under_pillow_f.htm

I'll bet you this guy is glad that he keeps a gun under his pillow!

If you enjoyed reading about ""I Designed A Pillow That Safely & Comfortably Stores a Handgun. What do you think?"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!