.40 cal. San Antonio

PDA

beaucoup ammo
August 26, 2008, 06:10 PM
Have never had need to purchase .40 cal. here in S.A. Don't believe Walmart or Academy carries it. Any suggestions? Thanks!! I know,,,make my own! I just might start now!

If you enjoyed reading about ".40 cal. San Antonio" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
shooterfromtexas
August 26, 2008, 06:13 PM
That is weird, .40sw is just as common as 9mm/45acp.

john917v
August 26, 2008, 06:16 PM
Have you tried Bass Pro Shops, or any of the LGS's?

springmom
August 26, 2008, 06:27 PM
Academy may very well have them. They carry Glocks (at least the one near me does) and there's no reason why they wouldn't carry that caliber. You might call around.

Springmom

Josh Aston
August 26, 2008, 06:36 PM
Wal-mart and Academy both carry it.

Jorg Nysgerrig
August 26, 2008, 06:57 PM
I'm not sure if you have internet access and a telephone, but I just used Walmart's website to find a Walmart in San Antonio (Store #2599 at 5555 De Zavala Road), called them and asked if they had .40 caliber ammunition. They said yes.

Then I went over to Academy's website and found one of their stores (165 Southwest Military Dr), called them, and asked the same question. They also said yes.

If you don't have internet access yourself and can't make it to a library or internet cafe, just post your address and I'll call one closer to your home for you. Hope that helps.

saspic
August 26, 2008, 07:08 PM
I've seen it at the Wal-Mart at Vance Jackson and I-10 just this week, and at the Academy at Vance Jackson and 410 in the past.
Maybe your stores were just out?

Rokyudai
August 26, 2008, 07:09 PM
Walmart or Sportsman's Warehouse

mactex
August 26, 2008, 08:59 PM
Sportsmans Warehouse, Academy, Dury's gun shop, The Powderhorn, and I could go on, and on, and on, and on....... Can't imagine why they would be that hard to find.

If you enjoyed reading about ".40 cal. San Antonio" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!