PDA

bikerdoc
August 26, 2008, 10:26 PM
When a thread is rated,

1 who gets the rating?
2 What is it used for?
3 Can members access the data?
4 who does what with it?
thanks for the explanation this could be a useful tool!
DOC

If you enjoyed reading about "Rate this Thread?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mal H
August 27, 2008, 12:26 AM
The thread rating is a function we have essentially turned off. It doesn't have much meaning or usefulness here. Unfortunately, the vbulletin software won't allow us to completely remove the menu item so that's why you even see it.

If you could explain to us how it could indeed be useful, we will take another look at it.

bikerdoc
August 27, 2008, 07:08 AM
Visually seeing your thread rated could uplift the quality of threads.
Just a thought.

Eric F
August 27, 2008, 08:10 AM
Some threads are really useful such as the thread on show us your reload bench. If I were a new member looking at thousands of threads and saw one that had a particular high rating I would go streight to that and start reading, then again threads already have a popularity rating I just look at number of views and number of posts all in all I agree with Mal H it is kinda silly its not like the "rate my" sights

bikerdoc
August 27, 2008, 08:45 AM
well said , lets just leave it like it is
thanks
Doc

scrat
August 28, 2008, 12:52 AM
Eric has a point. I guess the problem is us regulars already know what to look for. Then you look at so many threads any way and already know the good ones

If you enjoyed reading about "Rate this Thread?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!