I've decided to update my carry pieces.

PDA

Deadmanwalking_05
August 27, 2008, 08:35 PM
I'm staying with Smith&Wesson Revolvers.

I'm planning on replacing my model 12 and model 34 and keeping them as safe kings. (and for passing on to future generations)

The 22 I have in mind is the Model 617 4-inch that's the first buy.

Then a model 67 would be the cheapest buy between the two.

Any opinions on the choices.

(And I'm thinking about replacing the grips with the old checkered wooden grips)
Anyone that owns either one have a horror story I should know about?

If you enjoyed reading about "I've decided to update my carry pieces." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Shade00
August 27, 2008, 10:45 PM
Personally I would go for the Model 63 as a replacement .22LR - I'm a sucker for J-frames.

Nothing wrong with the Model 67. In fact, I think everything's right with it. Just pick a good one that's tight and in good mechanical shape, and you'll be golden.

I put wood grips on all of my S&Ws, too. Can't stand the rubber garbage that I find on most used guns.

Deadmanwalking_05
August 27, 2008, 11:09 PM
The Service grips do seem to add more class.

And thank you for the suggestion on the 63,My hands are big and I can barely shoot the little 34 accurately (Both are fine rimfires though)

Shade00
August 27, 2008, 11:20 PM
Then the 617 is a fine choice. I think you made excellent choices - it's hard to go wrong with stainless guns, and the K-frame is a great fit.

Deadmanwalking_05
August 27, 2008, 11:40 PM
I figured it was time to give these guns a break from "Active Duty"

And they have served well.

Rmart30
August 28, 2008, 12:29 AM
- I'm a sucker for J-frames.

Nothing wrong with the Model 67. In fact, I think everything's right with it. Just pick a good one that's tight and in good mechanical shape, and you'll be golden.

I put wood grips on all of my S&Ws, too. Can't stand the rubber garbage that I find on most used guns.

I love the J frames also .... I just picked up a 3" model 60 357 :D

wood grips for me on my CCW, rubber for plinkers.

The 617 is a nice gun....... what barrel length are you wanting on the 67?

Big Boomer
August 28, 2008, 12:53 AM
I'm planning on replacing my model 12 and model 34 and keeping them as safe kings

The KINGS ride with pride on the belt ;) the Queens stay nice and tucked away at home in the safe.

Deadmanwalking_05
August 28, 2008, 04:37 AM
I'm going for the four inch barrels in both (617 Will be the small game getter and understudy gun to the 67)

If you enjoyed reading about "I've decided to update my carry pieces." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!