Ok, this is getting ridiculous!

PDA

Drgong
August 28, 2008, 10:10 AM
It is now up to 12 girls who think the Nagant is cute. I had a female friend over, and it got to the point of "You don't mind that I own guns" and she wanted to see them.

BHP - no reponse
Rifles, including a gorgous CZ 550 american - nothing.

Nagant comes out.

"That so CUTE" :scrutiny::neener::D

Thus I think my sig line will stay up a bit longer.... :o

If you enjoyed reading about "Ok, this is getting ridiculous!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CajunBass
August 28, 2008, 10:36 AM
I suppose you mean a Nagant revolver? I don't know about "cute" but it does look a bit like a cartoon gun to me.

I've got one on order BTW. :D

BattleChimp Potemkin
August 28, 2008, 10:38 AM
I hate to say it, but much to the chagrin to many gunshop owners, I let a "that is adorable" or "that's cute" out once in a while. Its a weird thing. The Nagant is nice though.

theotherwaldo
August 28, 2008, 01:55 PM
Kids have good taste.

Hawk
August 28, 2008, 01:57 PM
It is now up to 12 girls who think the Nagant is cute.

Any of 'em single with a taste for paunchy wrinkled white dudes?

I'm cute - in an 1895 Nagant sort of way.
:eek:

Drgong
August 28, 2008, 02:06 PM
One of them is single, and I am trying to see if anything happens, but I am not going to hold my breath.

Nagant = revolver

Though the Mosin-Nagant rifle is a fine rifle as well.

hksw
August 28, 2008, 09:04 PM
"That so CUTE"

Take her out to the range and let her see/hear/feel that cute puppy bark.

Josh Aston
August 28, 2008, 09:23 PM
Cute, since when does one of the ugliest guns ever made qualify as anything near cute?

Loomis
August 28, 2008, 09:28 PM
I've found that females that don't know anything about guns, tend to like smallish revolvers with slender grips and slender barrels...shiny chrome and ivory grips helps too.

Drgong
August 28, 2008, 09:36 PM
I am seeing if she willing to shoot over the long weekend. She has shot before as a kid, but I was thinking the Nagant since she said it was cute and also my Savage .22 for fun shooting as well. We shall see what happens.

and Josh, for some reasons the girls think it is cute, my theory is that it is less scary then most guns. And I can think of 2 dozen guns that are uglier then a Nagant.

Evyl Robot
August 29, 2008, 09:24 AM
I've found that females that don't know anything about guns, tend to like smallish revolvers with slender grips and slender barrels...shiny chrome and ivory grips helps too.

Then, there's my wife. Her first gun was a S&W 627PC. Now she's pining for a Wilson...

OFT
August 29, 2008, 10:27 AM
"Are you happy to see me or is that a Nagant in your pocket?":D

AnaxImperator
August 29, 2008, 04:57 PM

Then, there's my wife. Her first gun was a S&W 627PC. Now she's pining for a Wilson...

Ditto for mine. Ya'll have seen her Rossi 6" .357.
Now she's drooling over the 6-1/2" Taurus Raging Bull .41 Mag. and 6" S&W Schofields. I had a hard time convincing her that a 4" barrel doesn't constitute a "snubbie". :D

Deer Hunter
August 29, 2008, 05:56 PM
My sister thinks the Nagant is "cute" too. Weird....

AnaxImperator
August 29, 2008, 06:03 PM
Oh, and my Wife just thinks my Nagant is "comfy"... whatever the hell that means. :P

Kind of Blued
August 30, 2008, 02:05 AM
I think they're a bit gangly, but all the more power to the ladies.

Here's me shooting one that I DO think is pretty cute. :) (Not my equipment)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud_Os0WWpFg

Drgong
August 30, 2008, 04:44 PM
Update

Took the girl shooting today, she enjoyed herself, exp. my .22 rifle, she put 300 rounds of it downrange. She was surprised on how hard it was to pull the Nagant trigger, and I think she was expecting more of a "Bang". She did not do bad with the Pistols, at 15 feet she was able to hit center of mass each shot.

one thing did suck royally, at the end she mentioned that her and I should take her new boyfriend out shooting. I need to remind myself never to have hope, as then you won't have a disapointment.

Sum of it is the Nagant is cute - I ain't ;)

Elvishead
August 31, 2008, 03:48 AM
Would you like to see my Nagant?:uhoh:

You must see it!:banghead:

Evyl Robot
September 2, 2008, 09:21 AM
at the end she mentioned that her and I should take her new boyfriend out shooting

What? Shut up! Why don't they get it? :banghead: Sorry to hear about your lady woes!

--Michael

Drgong
September 3, 2008, 09:22 AM
Thanks Michael - it does suck bigtime, but if it wasn't the fact that I want some kids I guess I would write it off and just be single after the luck that I have had with the better gender.

armoredman
September 3, 2008, 10:34 AM
Maybe she'll discover that real men carry Nagants, as wimpy men can't manage those triggers! Then she'll pine for her Nagant man...hey, it could happen! :)

Owen
September 3, 2008, 10:39 AM
where are you finding them?

Peoples Tractor Manufactory #8?

If you enjoyed reading about "Ok, this is getting ridiculous!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!