870 Sights for hunting in low light conditions

PDA

Skoghund
August 28, 2008, 11:17 AM
I've just bought a wing master that i intend to use for wild boar hunting. The gun has a 20" rifle sighted barrel. I will be hunting boar with a dog so most shots won't be at great distances. As i will be hunting in low light conditions and some times when its dark is there a company that make sights that will show up better in low light condition. What do you 870 users recommend.

If you enjoyed reading about "870 Sights for hunting in low light conditions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Fred Fuller
August 28, 2008, 04:36 PM
Trijicon makes a replacement sight set that fits onto/into the original bases- http://www.trijicon.com/user/parts/products1.cfm?PartID=55&back_row=9&categoryID=7 .

Several of the discount houses stock them- IIRC I got my last set from Midway. They work...

lpl

mgkdrgn
August 28, 2008, 04:42 PM
I gotta ask ... if it's dark enough that you can't see your sights, how are you going to tell a boar from one of your dogs?

Skoghund
August 28, 2008, 04:56 PM
Thanks for the info Lee. I have just ordered a set of trijicon sights from trijicon as per your link. looked at Midwaysverige they did not have them listed.

mgkdrgn We have by law to track all wounded animals. As much of our game is shot driven it happens that there are deer-boar to track late into the evening. Also RTA's involving moose,deer and boar must be reported to the police and followed up and dipatched.
The use of head lights and torchs attached to the gun barrel are used. To track wounded animal the dog is on a long lead so can be kept away from the injured animal.
Here in Scandinavia some of our winter days are a bit gloomy and its hard to see the standard sights.

If you enjoyed reading about "870 Sights for hunting in low light conditions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!