Obama's open AWB threat

PDA

BammaYankee
August 29, 2008, 01:15 AM
Did I hear correctly during Obama's speech tonight when he said "we can protect the 2A but still go after AK47's"?

Can we assume the gloves have officially come off and, if elected, a new AWB will be on its way?

If you enjoyed reading about "Obama's open AWB threat" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Texpatriate
August 29, 2008, 01:22 AM
You heard what I heard. IBTL.

Zedo
August 29, 2008, 01:24 AM
That's not what he said. You can get a transcript of the speech, but I doubt that your reading comprehension is any better than your listening skills.

cbrgator
August 29, 2008, 01:25 AM
Well, he said... We can uphold the 2A and still keep AK-47's out of the hands of criminals.... so..... yea..... I'd say an AWB will be on his agenda. MOLON LABE!

jcjacobvt
August 29, 2008, 01:26 AM
Is not Congress already controlled by the Demos? The President does not pass Laws nor Taxes; Congress does that. The President will be setting policy on Rights?

:fire:

BammaYankee
August 29, 2008, 01:28 AM
Just checked the speech transcript on NPR's web site.. Not only did he say it, but he implied having a different set of gun laws for rural vs urban citizens.

This raises the bigger concern of how he will define rural vs urban. Could this lead to severe restrictions on long guns for anyone who doesn't live on a farm?

Kino74
August 29, 2008, 01:28 AM
Figures.:fire:
Not only did he say it, but he implied having a different set of gun laws for rural vs urban citizens.

He along with other gun control Dems have been saying that for awhile now in an effort to rebuild their rural america presence. It supposedly one of thier efforst to unite rural and urbanites.

publiuss
August 29, 2008, 01:31 AM
yeah, he said it and he means it. Wouldn't be able to tell the difference between an AK and an AR if his life depended on. I don't guess it matters though he wants them both gone. I better stop here because nothing else I have to say is High Road.:cuss:

Jeff White
August 29, 2008, 01:32 AM
Take the politics over to APS.

If you enjoyed reading about "Obama's open AWB threat" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!