Is this on-topic?

PDA

JImbothefiveth
August 29, 2008, 08:04 AM
Well, I started that drop the Obomb thread, and I know it's okay to attack Obama and Biden, but is it okay to plan to distribute pro-Mccain stuff? :confused:I feel he is the best hope for gun rights this year.

If you enjoyed reading about "Is this on-topic?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TimboKhan
August 29, 2008, 09:19 AM
It is not ok to bash political candidates, period. The whole point of activism is to propose solutions to RKBA issues, not say dumb things like "Drop the Obomb", which doesn't even make that much sense. So, while I am not a moderator, I would say that no, you are not on topic.

JImbothefiveth
August 29, 2008, 10:03 AM
An NRA f- running for president IS a RKBA issue. It does have a plan, I'm trying to get different groups to come together to keep him out of office.
HSO proposed I start a new thread if I want to do that, so I did.
I figure that if a moderator says I can, it's okay.

highorder
August 29, 2008, 10:32 AM
It does have a plan, I'm trying to get different groups to come together to keep him out of office.

Per the forum rules, you need to share the plan with us so activism can take place. Different groups bashing is still just bashing without a clear course of action.

Bash away over at APS.

JImbothefiveth
August 29, 2008, 10:39 AM
I was asking for fliers and the like to distribute. Distribution is the plan.

ArfinGreebly
August 29, 2008, 02:14 PM
Keep it in Activism.

Keep it about activism.

Yes, we all know that we have a candidate who is staunchly anti-RKBA.

Yes, we all know it's worth the effort to torpedo that candidate's campaign.

Commentary on his politics, making fun of him, calling him names, and making cute digs at his party are all politics, and quite off the topic of WHAT DO WE DO NEXT?

I'm going to close this here.

You want to do something effective? Activism is the place.

If you enjoyed reading about "Is this on-topic?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!