SWAT training Vids

PDA

willbrink
August 29, 2008, 07:52 PM
Folks. I have a series of training vids I have produced recently now up on a dedicated youtube page called SWATFitnessTraining. Here's the most recent for example, week 11:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNUZZJwDUXo

Enjoy. ;)

If you enjoyed reading about "SWAT training Vids" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CountGlockula
August 30, 2008, 12:11 AM
Cool, thanks for sharing! I love The Cult!

Bobarino
August 30, 2008, 03:21 AM
i must be honest, but at the same time try not to sound like a braggart, but the exercises they are doing are about half of what my twice weekly workout is. their intensity level is less than impressive. seeing that makes me feel pretty good about my level of fitness, speed and shooting skill. and mind you, i'm still battling a type of leukemia! these must be videos of practice runs or something huh?

Bobby

exar
August 30, 2008, 04:17 AM
Yeah, I'm going to give them benefit of the doubt and assume they're exhausted from doing this all day. I've done drills wearing full gear (Civil War reenacting, wool overcoats and gear gets hot!) all day on and off and my performance was about on par with what I saw there and I don't work out everyday. I do try to keep my arms strong though with push ups and pull ups. I also feel better about my personal performance, in comparison, and might enjoy a live fire interactive course like that. :cool:

Silvanus
August 30, 2008, 06:45 AM
Looks like fun! I love sports/working out and I love shooting :D

willbrink
August 30, 2008, 08:24 AM
"i must be honest, but at the same time try not to sound like a braggart,"

Too late.:rolleyes:

willbrink
August 30, 2008, 08:25 AM
Glad you enjoyed it Count. There's other vids with other bands for music, but I love the Cult too. ;)

yokel
August 30, 2008, 08:40 AM
Where is the footage of the compound of an armed cult being assaulted?:D

chriso
August 30, 2008, 05:55 PM
Bobarino i doubt you work out in full gear do you? weighs more than you think guy. notice it says week 11? so yeah i bet they are tired from doing all those training drills. good job keep it up man.

jakemccoy
August 30, 2008, 06:38 PM
I'm not a SWAT member. However, my workout routine lately has involved a lot of work on monkey bars. Yes, that's right. I jog to the local playground for kids and workout on the monkey bars, doing pull-ups, etc. I want my strength to be practical.

jakemccoy
August 30, 2008, 06:42 PM
For all the guys here comparing themselves to what's in this training video, you can't be serious. This is training and in the middle or end. Meanwhile, we all tend to think we're better than we really are. Phelps' teammates beat Phelps on a regular basis in practice. To quote Allen Iverson, "Practice, are we talkin' about practice...practice?"

Wopasaurus
August 30, 2008, 09:21 PM
They're, Their, and There. its NOT that hard.
It's

;)

pitbullman
August 31, 2008, 12:50 AM
was that glocks they where using for sidearms? i thought swat used 1911's

chriso
August 31, 2008, 12:58 AM
Different departments use different weapons some departments even let the officers use a pistol of choice as long as its approved by the chief
In our CERT team here they use HK USP's in 9mm.

willbrink
August 31, 2008, 09:40 AM
What Chriso said. Just depends on the department. They would all have 1911s if it was up to me! :-)

Erik
August 31, 2008, 01:06 PM
I've met many a fit person with good technical shooting, arrest control, and decision making skill sets who upon integrating the four over time failed to perform as expected. Actually, it was totally expected, just not by them.

Thanks for the clip.

Floppy_D
August 31, 2008, 01:36 PM
Thanks for the clip.

You mean magazine? :D

I liked it too.

I LIKE IT!
August 31, 2008, 02:05 PM
Not bad for old farts.:neener:

I've seen better, but that was younger folks of course.

To be honest I probably couldn't do that anymore(out of shape) and I'm 25.:(

The one thing I never see in a cop is "warrior" mentally, with good reason I suppose.

The Bushmaster
August 31, 2008, 02:36 PM
Willbrink...Are you kidding? I'm a 65 1/2 year old 5' 7" 140 pound weakling and I can do all that and maybe faster... Come on...Is that all swat can do? I thought they were "elete"...

sam59
August 31, 2008, 02:50 PM
That video gave me some idea's for training.

"Willbrink...Are you kidding? I'm a 65 1/2 year old 5' 7" 140 pound weakling and I can do all that and maybe faster... Come on...Is that all swat can do? I thought they were "elete"..."

I hope that was tongue in cheek.

willbrink
September 6, 2008, 10:17 AM
Here's week 12:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYBgdvPU6Jg

Enjoy. ;)

Erik
September 6, 2008, 02:35 PM
Thanks again for sharing.

So what's the format? As in X number of weeks, with X goals, and X as the consequences of success or failure? Oh, and what the typical success and failure rates? Thanks - E

willbrink
September 6, 2008, 09:42 PM
So what's the format?

Depends on the day and focus for the day as well as other variables.

As in X number of weeks, with X goals, and X as the consequences of success or failure?

This was 12 weeks of training with the goals of improving performance, functional strength, endurance, shooting under physical and mental stress,etc. Short term consequences for them of not completing the exercise and shooting rotations would be being less well prepared for the match they are focused on (The CT SWAT Challenge) and long term, not being as well prepared for their job as they could be, which could be fatal...

Oh, and what the typical success and failure rates?

Depends on how you define success and failure in the context of this particular training course. It's not like a SWAT tryouts where a person can fail the tryout and not be accepted to the team. These are already active team guys, so none "failed" in the classic sense, and this was not a pass/fail sort of training. The course was designed to gradually but steadily test and improve their performance. If you watch early vids from later vids, you can see an obvious progression in intensity and difficulty over the 12 week period.

However, I will be training a course based on the above style training as the SnW Training Academy Spring and Fall 2009. See my site www.OptimalSWAT.com for more info on that is interested. I don't have exact dates yet, but will have them up soon as I get them.

Courses will be open to LE and or tactical LE only BTW.

Double Naught Spy
September 6, 2008, 10:22 PM
Well, I hope the training is good, because I am not sure about the smarts. At about 3:05, you see those guy climb on top of a container box where there is a perfectly good ladder there there next to them. :banghead:

Are they Aggies?

I always liked the idea of training smarter, not harder...or at least take the ladder out of the video, LOL!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

willbrink
September 7, 2008, 08:56 AM
Actually, they had the same response. "There's a perfectly good ladder right there!" I told them the ladder was for for coming down only! :eek:

Double Naught Spy
September 7, 2008, 11:52 AM
What? They can't use gravity? :D:D

willbrink
September 7, 2008, 12:05 PM
Not worth having anyone getting injured so close to a match.

strambo
September 7, 2008, 12:38 PM
Thanks for posting the vids. The criticisms are kinda funny, esp. the non-constructive ones. You wont hear any from me...because I don't feel like running in full gear w/ P-mask on carrying a log:barf: (If I'm not willing to do it at the time of criticism, I won't say anything). Good thing there is an internet in between some folks having to put up or shut up.

minh
September 7, 2008, 05:33 PM
lol at the coolio-gangsta paradise song at the end

Erik
September 7, 2008, 05:51 PM
Willbrink,
Thanks for the response. Gotcha and understand what going on/what you're doing. Thanks for doing it. Lots of folks under-appreciate what it takes to be the best you can be, especially in terms of groups.
Erik

willbrink
September 13, 2008, 06:32 PM
Well gang, I am back from the CT SWAT Challenge for which those SWAT training vids were in preparation for. My guys took 15th out of 34 teams, and 4th at the all important PT Challenge, so there was proof of concept results there from the training.

For a first attempt, I am happy with the results. There’s no reason at all they can’t break top 10 next year with some tweaks to their training, and additional bang bang time on their part.

No major issues or screw ups, but plenty of nerves induced small stuff and high Murphy factor stuff which accumulated rapidly, as it always does! I will have video up shortly from the match for those interested….

Here is part 1 vid of the 2008 CT Challenge. I did the PT course first. I was not able to get vid of all the stations unfortunately, but got enough to give those were not there a good idea of the event. Will have vids that cover the shooting events, and other stuff up shortly. Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLAO6JX1rnQ

PS, hopefully the high res version is up by now as it looks way better if you hit the "watch in high quality" option.

willbrink
September 15, 2008, 02:09 PM
Folks, here is Part 2 with highlights from the shooting stages. This one really gets the testosterone up!!! Enjoy...:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRfsod5RBgA

Uglyoldpoorman
September 15, 2008, 05:07 PM
Will, those were great. I almost negged you but you slipped by. :D Just kidding I don't post there anymore.

willbrink
September 15, 2008, 06:01 PM
Uglyoldpoorman thanx, don't post where anymore? Me no follow...

Uglyoldpoorman
September 16, 2008, 09:10 AM
Uglyoldpoorman thanx, don't post where anymore? Me no follow...

BBing.com

willbrink
September 16, 2008, 09:38 AM
Ah, got it :-)

willbrink
September 16, 2008, 03:14 PM
Gents, Part 3 vid from the CT SWAT Challenge covers Guns, Gear, Gadgets, and other cool stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2VoaG-oDqo

Claude Clay
September 16, 2008, 04:50 PM
i watched a little of it........interesting
but sometimes watching people work makes me nervous

If you enjoyed reading about "SWAT training Vids" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!