Recommend sight for Citori Superlight

PDA

buenhec
August 30, 2008, 02:01 AM
Getting ready for dove season, I was thinking of upgrading the front sight on my Citori. All my steel /Uspsa guns have front fiber optic sights. Has anyone tried these sight on upland shotguns? Which is the easiest to install?

If you enjoyed reading about "Recommend sight for Citori Superlight" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
blitzen
August 30, 2008, 05:54 AM
I wouldn't bother. You should be looking at the target, not the front sight. Your shotgun should fit you so that it shoots were you look. The end.

Dave McCracken
August 30, 2008, 10:49 AM
Blitzen called it. I use F/O beads on a couple of mine, but I'm focussed on the target.

On Dove, ignore the flapping wings and focus on the beak.

PJR
August 30, 2008, 12:17 PM
The glow worms are worse than useless. They bring your eye from the target to the end of your gun. Stick with what's there or if you really want to change something remove the bead and hunt without it. If you're shotgunning properly you won't miss it.

ArmedBear
August 30, 2008, 12:34 PM
I have an old 20 Gauge O/U with an old (read doesn't glow as much as a new one) fiber front bead that came with it. It has a mid bead, and a fairly wide rib. Next to it is a new 12 with a narrower vent rib and a single silver bead. Next to that is an ancient 16 SxS with a solid rib and a single dull bead. Next to that is a vintage 1100 with no rib, a post and a silver bead.

None of it makes a goddamn bit of difference AT ALL when it comes to bringing home birds.:)

I'm going to replace the ugly old half-broken fiber bead with a regular one when I remember to do it. If anything, it's a distraction that lures my eye off the target on occasion.

Don't waste your money.

buenhec
August 31, 2008, 12:40 AM
Good advice thanks.

45crittergitter
August 31, 2008, 05:53 PM
I use Hi-Viz magnetic fiber optics. I don't consciously aim/point with it, but when I miss, there's a real good chance I know where the bead was (and maybe what I did wrong), because it is noticeable even when you're not looking at it.

publiuss
August 31, 2008, 11:04 PM
I prefer the regular old bead it came with.

Pete409
September 1, 2008, 10:43 AM
Buenhec,

I was under the impression that most, if not all, the more recent Citoris came with a fiber optic (FO) front sight already installed.

Even if your gun has just a regular bead, it should be a simple matter to remove that bead and install a FO sight in its place. I believe they are just threaded in, but I might be wrong on that.

Also, there are several different FO sights that just sit right on top of the rib just behind the front bead. Some are held in place with magnets and some are held by double-sided tape.

FO sights are always a point of contention among shooters. Some swear by them and some swear at them. There are some top shooters in the country who use them and some that don't use them. Pick whatever suits you best. What's right for one shooter may be wrong for another...... and vice versa.

If you enjoyed reading about "Recommend sight for Citori Superlight" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!