Search Problems

PDA

COMPNOR
August 30, 2008, 03:31 AM
I was trying to find info about C&R stuff. So I type in C&R. Says nothing fit my search and to try again.

So I try spelling it out, Curios & Relics. It then tells me Curios is too short for the search function to use.

I know C&R is used in posts and thread titles, so I wonder if its because of the "&" that is causing problems?

If you enjoyed reading about "Search Problems" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mal H
August 30, 2008, 10:00 AM
Yes, it's the '&' causing the problem. For the first example, you are searching for a 3 character term that isn't indexed in the database. In the second example, the & is too short for a single search term. (I think you'll find that it was the '&' and not the word 'curios' that was too short.)

You can either use "curios relics" as the search terms, or, a better solution is to use Google to search THR.

See: http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=335444

If you enjoyed reading about "Search Problems" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!