Lyman Dies / Lee Press

PDA

The Scandinavian
August 30, 2008, 10:35 AM
Hi

Just a quick question - will Lyman dies work with my Lee press?

Don't laugh, but I'm thinking of reloading the pocket pistol calibers. Ready ammo in these calibers is expensive locally and a set of lyman dies for 25acp has come up for sale online nearby.

Rgds

T.S.

If you enjoyed reading about "Lyman Dies / Lee Press" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cdrt
August 30, 2008, 10:39 AM
Die threads are standard among the manufacturers, so they will work. There are some proprietary dies, like Dillon Square Deal dies, that only work on that press.

Griz44
August 30, 2008, 10:40 AM
Not a silly question at all. 25acp here is more expensive than 45acp. Figure that one out.... I ordered a die set for 25acp yesterday for my wife's purse gun. The dies will work on a Lee press.

The Scandinavian
August 30, 2008, 10:50 AM
Thanks folks.

zxcvbob
August 30, 2008, 10:53 AM
Will work *unless* they are dies for the Lyman 310 tool (not likely.)

The Scandinavian
September 1, 2008, 05:17 AM
Something else just came to mind - will the Lyman shell-holder work with my Lee press (challenger I think)

Thanks again :)

cdrt
September 1, 2008, 09:01 AM
Yep, shell holders are interchangeable as well. Lee does make some shell holders for their priming tool that are different, I believe.

The Scandinavian
September 1, 2008, 02:59 PM
OK Thanks. You're right that the shell holders for the priming tool are different - actually I've got those already as a fairly wide range of those came with the basic set.

Thanks again

TS

ants
September 1, 2008, 03:07 PM
Can you get .25acp bullets in Finland? I see MidwayUSA has an international network for shipping. If you can't find .25 bullets locally, perhaps Midway can help.

The Scandinavian
September 1, 2008, 04:58 PM
Can you get .25acp bullets in Finland? I see MidwayUSA has an international network for shipping. If you can't find .25 bullets locally, perhaps Midway can help.

Yup that was where I was planning on getting them from. They have a website in Finnish http://www.midwaysuomi.com

I doubt I'd be able to get them from anywhere else, to be honest.

If you enjoyed reading about "Lyman Dies / Lee Press" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!