Mossberg 500 mag tube extension?

PDA

8040Cougar
September 1, 2008, 12:22 AM
Does anyone make them? I havent been able to find any, but maybe I'm missing something. If anyone knows if any company makes such a product, or if no one does, thats fine either, I'd just like to know:confused:

If you enjoyed reading about "Mossberg 500 mag tube extension?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
arjppj
September 1, 2008, 12:37 AM
the way that the barrel screws in prohibits it from being extended...but you can buy an 835 and get an extended tube.

kingjoey
September 1, 2008, 02:58 AM
A 590 also accepts extensions. The barrel lug attaches to the end of the mag tube on the 500, rather than around it like the Moss590 or Rem870. The Moss500 comes with either a 5-shot magazine or a longer 7-shot version and each style has a barrel layout specifically for that magazine and are not interchangable. Your only option would be to install the 7-shot magazine and the corresponding barrel, but that costs as much as buying the complete shotgun usually.

8040Cougar
September 1, 2008, 08:39 AM
Ok I gotcha. I figured it had something to do with the barrel screw design.

If you enjoyed reading about "Mossberg 500 mag tube extension?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!