Labor Day : Who is workin' and who is playin' today ?

PDA

4xfourfun
September 1, 2008, 11:36 AM
So, as you can imagine I am sitting at work today and I am kinda bored so I though I would see if there was anyone else out there joining me. Its been a pretty slow day, what about you? :uhoh:

I bet theres a lot of people out firing up the grill and icing down the beverages :D

I wish I was heading to the range with my newly acquired Colt Anaconda :(

If you enjoyed reading about "Labor Day : Who is workin' and who is playin' today ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Maelstrom
September 1, 2008, 11:37 AM
I am laboring on Labor Day.

Flash!
September 1, 2008, 11:38 AM
Today is the day for frosty cold beverages! I would have gone to the range, but I slept late...... its too hot to shoot in the afternoons around here.....

gdvan01
September 1, 2008, 11:38 AM
Workin'.

lazyeye
September 1, 2008, 11:39 AM
workin

GerryM
September 1, 2008, 11:39 AM
Workin

Impax
September 1, 2008, 11:40 AM
Dove Huntin'

XD-40 Shooter
September 1, 2008, 11:44 AM
Here in about a half-hour, I'll be headin' out to the range for some shootin'.:D

jnyork
September 1, 2008, 11:45 AM
Semi-rainy day here, might get caught up on reloading. With gasoline still close to $4.00 , darn sure wont be traveling.

hnk45acp
September 1, 2008, 11:46 AM
working. . .:cuss:

threefeathers
September 1, 2008, 11:51 AM
Playing, granddaughter at home, she is 3 and helped her grandmother make a birthday cake.

tigre
September 1, 2008, 11:52 AM
Both. Just finished cleaning my Sig, about to go run some errands and then go wander about in the woods putting out small mammal traps (that's the work part ;) ). Then I'll hit the range tonight if I'm not too tired.

Creade
September 1, 2008, 11:52 AM
Remodeling the House and putting in new headers to support the new Gun Safe/Room

texastony
September 1, 2008, 11:59 AM
Workin'
Will monitor networks for food:rolleyes:

wuluf
September 1, 2008, 12:01 PM
slept in, made pancakes and foolin' around in here! Happy labor day...

SCKimberFan
September 1, 2008, 12:04 PM
Playin at the moment, fixin to get on a plane to go to work in the AM.

romma
September 1, 2008, 12:06 PM
I think I will clean and lube the Keltec and the AR-15 today... No work for me today!

orvpark
September 1, 2008, 12:14 PM
workin

I run a touristy type business

Rmart30
September 1, 2008, 12:15 PM
cutting grass, but on call....

LJH
September 1, 2008, 12:17 PM
3 Emergency service calls before 9am.

revjen45
September 1, 2008, 12:18 PM
Movin'. And the weather is ugly.

BLC
September 1, 2008, 12:21 PM
Working, but only for a couple hours.

Rich K
September 1, 2008, 12:22 PM
Playing today, for a change. Gonna run a couple of errands, and then grill this afternoon.

jhark123
September 1, 2008, 12:26 PM
working, but only for about 6 hours

Hot brass
September 1, 2008, 12:30 PM
At work now. 12 hrs.

springmom
September 1, 2008, 12:35 PM
Archerandshooter and I celebrated the day at the range.

Springmom

Mrs. Armoredman
September 1, 2008, 12:37 PM
Armoredman and I decided not to labor today. This is his normal day off and we will fire up the grill this afternoon.

lee n. field
September 1, 2008, 12:40 PM
Let's see. Did the grill and family thing yesterday. Calendar (http://www.tcgc.net/calendar.asp) shows open, so I might just go play.

Working? I make it a point not to think about customer's computers when I don't have to.:banghead:

pappy
September 1, 2008, 12:43 PM
Later this afternoon, gonna drive 3 hours to where my current project is and go into work at 10PM - I really hate working nights!! :cuss:

Colt46
September 1, 2008, 12:44 PM
Saturday my family had our annual summer barbeque for family and friends. Lotsa fun, but being host always take it out of me.

rodregier
September 1, 2008, 12:53 PM
Play today. I've already been to the range and returned. Windy, light drizzle. Rain started on way home.

MGshaggy
September 1, 2008, 12:53 PM
At work, little or nothing to do, almost no one is in today; I'm just racking up billable hours.

Kimber1911Fan
September 1, 2008, 12:56 PM
Working. Ugh. But cruising the best firearms forum on the net!

Happy Labor Day to all!

K1911F

yourang?
September 1, 2008, 01:08 PM
working, unfortunately

worked saturday, sunday and today

first day of school today so it is pretty crazy

would rather be doing anything else...even mowing the lawn!

oh well.......

(and it is the best run of good weather the northeast has seen all
summer too)

Auburn1992
September 1, 2008, 01:09 PM
Workin then playin at the range. Gonna try and find some factory ammo to work well in my XR 100, sight in my M77 and shoot some 22s

Larry Ashcraft
September 1, 2008, 01:10 PM
My son and I have a nice bag of doves already. Got them cleaned and going for a few more pretty soon.

They're flying high and fast and I can't find my choke tubes (using IC and Mod). Gonna take my 11-48 with fixed mod barrel out next, maybe my percentages will go up.

Eric F
September 1, 2008, 01:11 PM
I am at my job but I dont really work........is this possible?

Go for the blunderbuss Larry!

deputy tom
September 1, 2008, 01:16 PM
After thirty some years of having to work every holiday I'm goofing off today.did some honey-do stuff and am anticipating the BBQ ribs for dinner.tom.:cool:

Edited to add I'm closely watching the Gustav reports hoping all affected will make it thru ok.Prayers sent to the Gulf region.tom.

Aaryq
September 1, 2008, 01:19 PM
I have today off...the wife has me working. Later on, I'll call the guys, slip off to the range later today and then top the night off with a couple of beers and a game of poker.

Rokyudai
September 1, 2008, 02:08 PM
I'm not laboring today. As soon as the sun hits the beer stein on the shelf... it is on.

Jeff F
September 1, 2008, 02:10 PM
I'll be at the trap range this afternoon.

Ian
September 1, 2008, 02:13 PM
Today is the day for frosty cold beverages!

...and I'll be at work all afternoon and evening dispensing them.

Harvster
September 1, 2008, 02:18 PM
Just got back from the range. It's half price for a lane on holidays.

357fan
September 1, 2008, 02:19 PM
It's just another Monday for me, albeit a slow one. Work, work, work...

bogie
September 1, 2008, 02:22 PM
Got back from The Conference From Hell, and I'm trying to clean up. I've got another bunch of Oleg's images to get online for t-shirts too...

4xfourfun
September 1, 2008, 02:52 PM
I don't fell so bad, theres a lot of people working ;)

I sure wish I was huntin' & shootin'! :(

We did the BBQ/pool party last night too, I swear I saw a mosquito carrying off a couple BBQ ribs! They were bad :eek:

I guess I had it coming, as soon as I started this "boredom" thread we went out on a call.....and then another....and another..... :cool:

I'm counting down, just 17 more hours before I get off and head to the range :p

I hope everyones Labor day is going great so far :D

theotherwaldo
September 1, 2008, 02:58 PM
Taking a week off -use it or lose it time - which means mowing, cleaning, fixing, and doing a bunch of stuff that's harder than what I get paid for.

Vacation? Bah, humbug.

Joe Gunns
September 1, 2008, 03:40 PM
workin'

Vaarok
September 1, 2008, 04:54 PM
Worked six to eleven morning chores, split firewood noon to three, and going back to the barn to feed calves at seven, won't be home till ten.

p230
September 1, 2008, 04:59 PM
Working, soon to be grilling. Thankfully no emergencies today.

guntotinguy
September 1, 2008, 04:59 PM
Heading to the range with lots of ammo...planning on a long day out there.

472x1A/B
September 1, 2008, 05:00 PM
Part work, the garden never takes time off. Part play, was able to shoot 20 slugs off this afternoon. (reloads)

MAURICE
September 1, 2008, 05:01 PM
Correctional facilities never close, but it's ok. Someone has got to do it.
Soon I get to go home and have some stuff off the grill and a nice cold beverage or two dozen. :evil:

Kaeto
September 1, 2008, 05:04 PM
Pulled an 8 hr shift today as usual.

eyebrows
September 1, 2008, 05:08 PM
Shootin yesterday, fishin this morning, swimmin with my girl earlier this afternoon. Pretty good weekend so far. Going to work on my new riding mower in a little bit.(got one free Friday, needs some lovin, but now I have two and don't quite know how I'll use both, maybe we can race(I get the 12hp she gets the 10 :)))

TStorm
September 1, 2008, 05:32 PM
Took annual waterski yesterday. Recovering today.

I'd be wasting ammo if I went to the range today. :o

Rembrandt
September 1, 2008, 06:37 PM
End of a long 4 day weekend with the kids sighting in hunting guns/bows and 4 wheeling. Hanging tree stands, campfires, and cooking out. Best weekend I've had for a long time....

Mmmmmm mmmmm......great weekend
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v405/Rembrandt51/ElkBrats.jpg

Rokyudai
September 1, 2008, 06:49 PM
REMBRANDTS COOKING JOHNSONVILLE BRATS.....rembrandts cooking johnsonville brats....rembrandts cooking johnsonville brats
:neener::neener::neener::evil:

TAB
September 1, 2008, 06:50 PM
Still working, waiting for some primer to dry to I can top coat.

zxcvbob
September 1, 2008, 06:58 PM
Doing some reloading (.45 Colt +P's), and some tile and grout trim work in the Bathroom Remodeling Project from Hell. Alternating between them. Not working up much of a sweat with either one today.

Was gonna go to the range today, but I'm too lazy. Maybe tomorrow after work. Fall pistol league starts up in a couple of weeks. (If I was smart, I'd be cranking out .38 Specials to prepare for it)

jkingrph
September 1, 2008, 06:59 PM
Worked in the hospital pharmacy today, Rather slow day. I went back and forth to windows to watch storm clouds and winds pick up from hurricane Worst will be here tomorrow.

scrat
September 1, 2008, 07:01 PM
worked over night. I have now friggen idea what the heck i am doing now. I got back to my office at 8am this morning and slept there for 2 hours then drove home. This was after starting work at 7pm yesterday. Well im still up. problem is if i were to fall asleep now i would be wide awake at 2am. So i just have to keep drinking coffee and suffer on this very long long long never ending day.

highfive
September 1, 2008, 07:05 PM
I can say working..building a fence, so I can separate the AC unit from my dog...which she already ate the thermostat cables once...now thanks to the dog...I was building a fence today....nice doggie :fire: besides the cold beverages :D it was a busy day

Rembrandt
September 1, 2008, 07:47 PM
REMBRANDTS COOKING JOHNSONVILLE BRATS.....rembrandts cooking johnsonville brats....rembrandts cooking johnsonville brats

I'll hold a bratwurst back for you, but I'm not sharing the Elk burgers....

gripper
September 1, 2008, 07:49 PM
Worked right thru the weekend and am (again!) here at work from noon to midnight.
Oh well;idle hands and all that....

ARGarrison
September 1, 2008, 08:21 PM
Baled the last of 2008 hay today. Shouldn't say that still back up for two other guys in case there equipment breaks. After that back down in the trench trying to get my outside water lines fixed. Wanted to be able to fill in the hole today, but found a small puddle of water under a conection.:cuss:

Saturday monring did take a cousins sixteen year old son out shooting along with my brother. .45 ACP, .45 Colt (Carbine & Pistol), .44 Magnum Blackhawk, M1 .30 carbine, Ruger 22/45 and a Ruger 9mm.:D

macadore
September 1, 2008, 08:30 PM
I used to work. I didnít like it. I was going to take my granddaughter and some of her friends to the coast today, but Gustov promised to cause traffic problems, so Iím home.

neviander
September 1, 2008, 09:01 PM
I took my .22 lr bolt action and put some downrange. I put one target at 100 yards....difficult to keep any kind of group with open sites :D

mmmm, brats

Kind of Blued
September 1, 2008, 11:25 PM
I went to work and got sent home after a couple of hours. I went and bought a holster then took a nap and watched a movie.

So... the holster's good. Comfortable enough to sleep in! :)

thunderstorm
September 1, 2008, 11:28 PM
Working..... on the honey do list so that I can shoot the match next weekend.

deadhawg
September 1, 2008, 11:33 PM
Workin the night shift, both last night and tonight. Slept most of the day, got up and did a little yard work before getting ready to head out to work. I don't mind working holidays, keeps me off the road (except for my short commute)and the pay is very good.

Ron

4xfourfun
September 1, 2008, 11:57 PM
Yeah, the pay is better so that helps. There are some holidays that I would rather be at home with the family, but I don't mind working this one.

Hey Thunderstorm, I'm just across the river from ya. Do you ever some this way?

Countdown until I get off to go to the range: 8 hours

thunderstorm
September 2, 2008, 10:20 AM
Hey Thunderstorm, I'm just across the river from ya. Do you ever some this way?

I try to stay out of the peopleís republic of Illinois, too much of a hassle unloading, separating, locking not to mention filling up the chamber with concrete before I cross the river. There is a rare occasion I make it to the fairgrounds for the Gun Show

bnkrazy
September 2, 2008, 04:24 PM
Had a long, nice weekend. Went to Va Beach Friday with my best friend/family who have been stationed in Germany for a few years. Got to spend yesterday at the lake with some friends, jetskis and tubes. It was their way of paying us back for taking them shooting a few times.

EHCRain10
September 2, 2008, 09:37 PM
late to this thread but i had class from 10am to 9pm, stupid private schools

If you enjoyed reading about "Labor Day : Who is workin' and who is playin' today ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!