Hurricane preparedness is Strategies?

PDA

JImbothefiveth
September 1, 2008, 02:06 PM
I tried a hurricane preparedness thread(sorta) in general, and I guess it's off-topic there. Would it be appropriate in strategies and tactics? I think it qualifies as realistic since it's happening right now.

Edit, meant to write "in strategies".

If you enjoyed reading about "Hurricane preparedness is Strategies?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
VHinch
September 1, 2008, 02:46 PM
From the thread Reality in Strategies and Tactics

What should I carry in my pockets, pack, car, have in my house....in case of a car breakdown, I get lost in the wilderness, there is a hurricane, tornado, earthquake, and what have other members done in those situations. Are on topic and welcome.

Based upon that, I would say that your thread in General was off topic, as it was merely encouraging people to evacuate, but a thread focusing on the mechanics of actually evacuating, riding the storm out, etc. would be on topic. Just my opinion though, perhaps Jeff or another S&T mod will chime in.

If you enjoyed reading about "Hurricane preparedness is Strategies?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!