Ithaca Model 37 Sling Options?

PDA

jdinor
September 2, 2008, 03:17 PM
Is there a simple way to mount a sling to a model 37 Ithaca?

If you enjoyed reading about "Ithaca Model 37 Sling Options?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Grunt
September 2, 2008, 05:21 PM
I screwed in a sling swivel into the butt and added the sling loop to the front stud. The front loop is the harder one to come by but I got one from Numrich arms.

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/USMCGruntUSAFCATM/Firearms/Shotguns/DCP_1856.jpg

jdinor
September 2, 2008, 07:38 PM
How does the swivel attach to the forearm stud. Was any modification needed. Can you show a close up picture of the attachment.

Grunt
September 2, 2008, 08:53 PM
I don't have a good pic but at the front lug on the barrel, there is a small threaded hole at the bottom. The sling swivel that came from Numrich Arms has a small threaded section above the swivel that simply screws right into that hole. Now my Ithaca was originally a Police shotgun (judging by the rack number on the bottom of the pistol grip) so if every Ithaca has this same small threaded hole for the swivel is a question I can't answer but that's the way the riot versions came.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ithaca Model 37 Sling Options?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!