Bad dreams involving failed self defense with guns?

PDA

Sean Dempsey
September 2, 2008, 05:12 PM
I am gonna pre-empt any Freudian comments on impotency or erectile disfunction - this isn't what I am posting about (I hope!) :D

Over the years, I have nightmares sometimes where my family and friends, or myself, are in danger, and I always acquire a gun (or one of my own guns) somehow and try to stop the attacker, but sometimes the trigger is too heavy to pull, or I shoot them repeatedly with no effect, or even if I put the gun against their head, they won't die or stop. The bullets just don't work.

I wake up and feel pretty ****ty and nervous, like I can't just shake the feeling of not being able to protect myself or my family. I feel like I need to go to a gun range and perfect my aim and assure myself I can still shoot straight.

I realize this all sounds like an elaborate metaphor for sexual disfunction :neener: but I'm asking a serious question.

Anyone else have dreams like this, that rattle your confidence and sense of safety?

If you enjoyed reading about "Bad dreams involving failed self defense with guns?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
WayneConrad
September 2, 2008, 05:19 PM
Yep, had 'em. But I don't read anything into them. Your brain paralyzes your body during sleep. That causes strange effects in your dreams, but the effects, like the dreams, have no meaning. Freud made a great living out of interpreting things that deserve no interpretation.

LoneSniper3
September 2, 2008, 05:30 PM
I also have a reoccuring dream involving self defense with guns. For some reason the trigger gets stuck in every one of my dreams, and the gun is impossible to shoot! Who knows what that means? I stopped trying to figure out my dreams a long time ago. They seem much too bizarre and vivid to understand.

Travis McGee
September 2, 2008, 05:31 PM
Not lately, but I used to a lot.

john917v
September 2, 2008, 05:35 PM
You guys need to dream some trigger jobs! JK. I haven't had any (normal) self defense dreams. But, I did have a dream where there was this huge T-rex-type dinosaur, and I got ahold of a gun. I try to shoot the beast, and the sights are off, as in barrel-bent 1 foot to the side-off!! It was weird.

MutinousDoug
September 2, 2008, 05:41 PM
Yep,
I've had dreams like that. In the case of firearm dreams I usually can't find cartridges for the gun I have.
My frustrating dreams aren't confined to guns: Car won't start; Can't find my way back to the room or place I want to go to. I have a re-occuring dream where I can fly by flapping my arms. That part is great but when I get tired, I'm going too fast to land.
After I wake up from one of these episodes, I have to get up and pee. It's gotten to the point where I sometimes recognize the situation while I'm still asleep. Have to Pee = stressful dream. Better than wetting the bed:uhoh:.

Werewolf
September 2, 2008, 05:43 PM
This topic occassionally crops up here. One thread I remember from 3 or so years ago was analyzed by a psychologist type.

Seems most dreams follow one of two themes.

1. Can't pull the trigger because it is too stiff or broken or whatever. Can't pull trigger.

2. Can pull trigger but bullet dribbles out the end of the gun, hits but does no damage, etc.

The psychologist guy - or so he claimed - interpreted the the two themes thusly:

1. The dreamer has an unresolved issue with using a gun that will injure or kill. Probably shouldn't carry or use until the will to kill is internalized.

2. The dreamer has no problem pulling the trigger and killing or injuring another. However, the dreamer is concerned with the consequences of that action, legal or otherwise.

I'm not a shrink. Don't know whether those are valid interpretations or not but seem credible to me.

YMMV

SVT93
September 2, 2008, 05:47 PM
I've had a couple 'gun dreams' some where I couldn't pull the trigger some where my sks kept jamming and wouldn't fire.

Caliban
September 2, 2008, 05:59 PM
i've had dreams where i need to shoot a gun in self-defense but i pull the trigger and nothing happens, and i've also had similar dreams where i need to stop the car i'm driving from slamming into something but i floor the brake pedal and nothing happens.

i'm definitely in the "dream analysis is bs" camp, i don't think it has any deeper meaning other than the fact that i have a fear of mechanical devices not doing what they're supposed to do at a critical juncture. which, as far as i'm concerned, is a perfectly legitimate and healthy fear that leads me to take good care of my expensive and dangerous toys that could potentially kill me or someone else.

NG VI
September 2, 2008, 05:59 PM
This topic occassionally crops up here. One thread I remember from 3 or so years ago was analyzed by a psychologist type.

Seems most dreams follow one of two themes.

1. Can't pull the trigger because it is too stiff or broken or whatever. Can't pull trigger.

2. Can pull trigger but bullet dribbles out the end of the gun, hits but does no damage, etc.

Had 'em, not lately. My newer dreams the HST opens midflight and continues to grow until it hits the BG, totally dismembering him and his buddies.

Kidding, kidding, I have had those dreams before, but not in a good bit of time. Funny though, my fiance actually had a dream recently where she had to shoot someone and only had our new Taurus PT-22, and the bullets weren't doing any damage. She said I was right, in her dream it wasn't very effective. Maybe she'll have a couple more and be more interested in shooting some .38 and 9mm with me.

ASM826
September 2, 2008, 06:03 PM
In the dream, I heard noises downstairs. I came downstairs and found 8 or 9 guys ransacking the house. One of them drew a pistol, and then they all attacked me.

I drew my pistol from the holster and it was just like IDPA. Fire and move, fire and move. I took them all in about 7 seconds.

I don't think it means anything, but it sounds better than dreaming about gun malfunctions.:D

KBintheSLC
September 2, 2008, 06:07 PM
I have had lots of similar dreams. Sometimes, the gun fails to function when I need it. Other times, I can't get my hand on the gun and I am squabbling to grab it in a desperate situation. Other times, I am being hunted by government ninjas that don't die when shot... etc.

I think our dreams tend to reflect our fears. It does not necessarily mean that it will actually happen, more that somewhere inside your subconscious, you fear that it will.

GRB
September 2, 2008, 06:09 PM
The type of dreams you describe are common among shooters who actuallt shoot other people. They are often associated with Post Traumatic Stress. If you have ever suffered a traumatic event, regardless of the type, these dreams could be your way of copoing. One of the things about post traumatic stress, and post traumatic stress disorder, is that you keep reliving a stressful situation in which you find yourself helpless. It is usually fairly easy to overcome with minimal therapy, and sometimes without therapy. often jsut talking about it a few tiomes is enough to do the trick, no not talking about the dreams alone, but also about the stressor(s) that led you to have the dreams.

All the best,
Glenn B

almostfree
September 2, 2008, 06:11 PM
I've had the same dream off and on ever since I started carrying. It never that I left the pistol at home or anything, it is always that the bullets just don't seem to stop the attacker(s) or that it malfunctions.

I don't think it has anything to do with sexual dysfunction. That's just the same tired BS that gets used to blame a lot of stuff on other totally unrelated stuff.

doc2rn
September 2, 2008, 06:12 PM
Once after I had to clear a jam in a firefight. I practiced clearing a jam alot, LT was there and resolved the situation by getting me a PPPSH. I was good to go the rest of the time, gotta love those battlefield drops.

FlyinBryan
September 2, 2008, 06:14 PM
i have a friend who has a dream that he and tim allen are in a house that is attacked by ww2 germans and he thinks the leader of them is col. klink.

the gun he uses for some reason, he thinks its because tim allen has loaded it, or maybe worked on it, or possibly handloaded the ammo for it, simply dents the caps the germans are wearing. then he said he always wakes up.

biggiesmalls
September 2, 2008, 06:19 PM
i've had dreams like that too. with both pstol and shotgun. do i hear support group? let's make a catchy name:)

rodregier
September 2, 2008, 06:20 PM
A couple of past dreams a few years ago involving a revolver with an impossibly heavy trigger pull and a vague (but urgent) threat to be solved...

.cheese.
September 2, 2008, 06:20 PM
had one last night.... bear attack and bullets that traveled in slow motion bouncing off...... weird

rantingredneck
September 2, 2008, 06:40 PM
Yep. I've had the two ton trigger pull dream several times. Not in a long while though. I had it occasionally for a couple years after I bought my first handgun. Have only had it once or twice in the last 10 years or so.

Zesty
September 2, 2008, 06:56 PM
I'm with Travis McGee(funny I'm also a Travis). I used to have dreams where my guns would not work for various reasons. Now that I feel more familiar I don't seem to get them at all really.

Gottahaveone
September 2, 2008, 07:10 PM
Wow...It's NOT just me. Not too frequently, but it's always one of two scenario's....

1) I can't pull the trigger hard enough to fire. One finger or both hands, it doesn't matter.

2) I have the wrong ammo. It's always a wheelgun, and the rounds drop thru the cylinder and fall out when I try to load it.

Either we're ALL nut's, or I'm OK :neener:

novaDAK
September 2, 2008, 07:12 PM
I have these dreams every now and then. Most recently I dreampt I needed to use my XD45 to protect myself, and the trigger was impossible to pull. The few times I was able to pull the trigger, I shot the ground in front of me.

I've heard that to stop these dreams, practice practice practice with the gun in question and they'll go away.

Worked well for me.

JCMAG
September 2, 2008, 07:15 PM
My dreams of impotence have actually ended since I got a handgun, practiced with it, and began carrying it.

Before that, however, even though I hadn't handled a firearm since my youth, nigh a decade before, I had dreams where a knife, a punch, or a handgun proved totally ineffective against some kind of aggressor.

I suggest that this is some form of subconscious dilemma common to many or all people (not just men!) and is merely transpiring in a medium that we recognize with self preservation and prosperity (our firearms).

My 442 must have done what Freud could not and has, at least temporarily, set my subconscious at ease.

Funderb
September 2, 2008, 07:18 PM
anxiety dreams.

indiandave
September 2, 2008, 07:25 PM
I have a dream that I confronted buy a bad guy in my living room. All my shots hit him but to no effect. then I wake up. My other recurring dream involves a hot blonde and a tub full of jello. :evil:

p2000sk
September 2, 2008, 07:28 PM
I have this newer bullpup rifle. It will frequently offer a feed or extract problem. Any time that happens at the range, a dream involving said rifle does follow. Really should send that thing out to be evaluated, because the dream only occurs after a problem with that one rifle.

I really don't like that dream. Yep, should call the armorer.

Louisiana Carry
September 2, 2008, 07:34 PM
I had alot of failure to fire dreams before I got my Glocks and my AR15. Now, not a one. :D

cambeul41
September 2, 2008, 07:44 PM
I have had only three successful shoots in dream: one bear, one alligator -- and Grendel.

Typically, when the gun fails to fire or I can't pull the trigger, i go berserk and use the gun as a thrusting weapon; or I use a knife violently and effectively.

Cosmoline
September 2, 2008, 08:16 PM
I had it happen in real life, against a squirrel. I had to shoot him a total of four times to drop him! I'm glad they don't come in jumbo size.

FerFAL
September 2, 2008, 08:48 PM
Used to have them a lot. Malfunctions, slow motion bullets, hitting people and achieving nothing.
But I havenít had them in years. Had them when I first started shooting and thinking about self defense I guess.

On the other hand, my wife still has dreams about people braking in and me making a bloody mess out of the intruders.

FerFAL

Ric in Richmond
September 2, 2008, 08:52 PM
Yup.....

Click, Click, Rack, Tap, click, click

At least I get to practice rack, tap, bang every once in a while and I seem to be good at it under pressure (at least in my dreams).

BTW I seem to always find cover in my dreams too....

Analyze away!!

tigre
September 2, 2008, 09:09 PM
Nothing with guns yet, but for several years I've had a recurring dream where I need to run away either to get away from some danger or to get help and I can't because it feels like my legs are really heavy.

Edit: Actually, I just remembered that there was one dream where I fired at a bad guy and the bullets were going through him and not hurting him. I think that's the only one though. All my dreams where I'm not completely incapable of dealing with a terrible situation are really mundane. Like running errands or taking my truck to the mechanic kind of mundane. Maybe I just don't remember my good dreams. :scrutiny:

3KillerBs
September 2, 2008, 09:17 PM
That's just the ordinary, garden-variety nightmare.

No different really than the "first day of school and can't find my homeroom" dream, the "new job is not the one I was actually hired for and I can't do anything they are telling me to do" dream, the "monster is behind me and I can only run in slow motion dream", or the "no matter how hard I hit the bully he just laughs at me" dream.

Perfectly normal. Perfectly human. Utterly irrelevant to any variation of reality. :)

I find that it often works to consciously re-set the dream situation and work it through forward with everything going correctly. For example, in the "thousand-pound trigger" variation you might drop that piece of junk gun and draw your "real" gun -- the one with the really nice trigger job and the inexhaustible supply of never-failing hollowpoint ammo. ;)

MedWheeler
September 2, 2008, 09:20 PM
I had 'em a lot as a cop, and found others that did, too. Mine was always the same scenario: I'm walking a back alley rattling doors at night when I come across someone attempting entry to a business' back door. I try to confront him, and he pulls a gun. I yell at him to drop it, but he keeps bringing it to bear. I have mine on him, and I fire. He goes down, the gun coming loose from his hand. As he lies there on his back, I see he is not dead, and he reaches for the gun again. I keep yelling "don't you go for that gun!". He continues, and I am forced to shoot again. The images are very graphic; I can see the bullets hitting him, and him jerking with each impact. But, after each round of shots, he keeps going for the weapon. I wake up before he manages to get a shot off, though.
I think part of the dream make-up was some insecurity with the ammunition my department issued then: 95gr Winchester Silvertips (.38 Special +P). I knew this was not a potent cartridge choice. I even had that confirmed taking out a wild boar that was running loose in a neighborhood. Took three close-range shots from my wheelgun, then dove into a canal, where it drowned!
One other cop I knew had dreams in which he'd fire at an adversary, but the bullets would just roll from the muzzle, falling at his feet. He'd end up swinging the weapon, trying to fling the bullets at his target.
I actually remember reading an article about this entitled "Cop Dreams" in an issue of "Police" magazine, probably around 1990 or so. Guess it was a well-recognized phenomenon.

Geronimo45
September 2, 2008, 09:31 PM
I think it's partly your trust or lack thereof in your weapon that effects said dreams.
As for me, I always win. I think I even won the recent dream that involved somebody toting a SPAS.
I do lose against SPECTRE, though. I guess I'm not classified a 00 in those dreams, so no weapon...

Noxx
September 2, 2008, 09:36 PM
Seriously, thanks for this thread. I've often thought I was the only one affected by these.

They are not common, but very unsettling. In mine the common theme is that I have a firearm that appears to work fine, but the bullets sort of poot out of it at about 20fps, causing no damage.

I'd say I have a dream like this about once a month, maybe less. I usually wake up feeling shaky and unsettled.

22-rimfire
September 2, 2008, 09:37 PM
I think it's partly your trust or lack thereof in your weapon that effects said dreams.

I disagree. It is the basic lack of trust in yourself. The gun only is an extension of your basic feelings about your self.

I never have dreams about self defense. It is something that never enters my sleeping mind.

Stevie-Ray
September 2, 2008, 09:43 PM
This comes up a lot. My dreams vary greatly about the defensive use of a gun. Sometimes they don't work, sometimes they work perfectly but the perp is super-human, sometimes everything works and I'm the hero.;) I never really pay attention to it. Well, except that the failures have a tendency to force me back to the range, just to make sure the guns and I are working properly, and that's a good thing.:D

Sean Dempsey
September 2, 2008, 11:11 PM
I think what jars me the most isn't the dreams, but the feeling I get upon waking up.

It's the aftertaste of the dream, where I think "What if I really couldn't protect them?" I guess thats why they call them nightmares - you experience the real emotion of a fictional fear. I have some mild PTSD, and my wife has severe PTSD from horrific sexual abuse, so I feel this huge pressure to protect, but I can't go back in time and protect her from 8 years of child rape.

At any rate - I went and ordered a HK USP .45 Compact today since that's the gun I wanted in my dream :D:D (been looking at it since april 07). Hopefully putting a few hundred rounds through it this weekend will help build my confidence in being able to move my index finger 1 inch.

Stevie-Ray
September 2, 2008, 11:15 PM
At any rate - I went and ordered a HK USP .45 Compact today since that's the gun I wanted in my dream Well, so dreams can be beneficial after all.:D Nice choice. It's mine also, for HD.

v3r71g0
September 2, 2008, 11:28 PM
Ive had similar dreams where I couldn't find bullets for a gun, or they would be the wrong caliber.

If you drink caffeine before you go to sleep you can enter a lucid state of dream. It gives you some control of your REM sleep.

The best stuff I have found for inducing lucid dreaming is a South American tea called "Yerba Mate". You can buy it at mexican shops or on the internet.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/yerba_mate/yerba_mate.shtml

FerFAL
September 2, 2008, 11:31 PM
I drink a lot of mate, didnít know it makes any difference.
It is quite relaxing. :)

FerFAL

GigaBuist
September 2, 2008, 11:42 PM
Oh yeah, I get 'em too. Trigger pull on a Glock so heavy that it takes me 2-3 seconds to get off a shot and it misses. I wake up about the time that the attacker makes contact.

The worst part about these dreams, for me, is that I waken before my body's paralysis wears off. Problem: I sleep with my eyes open. They're literally tied open. So, I start seeing shadows and stuff on the bedroom ceiling while my brain is dealing with going from a nightmare to reality.

It's not uncommon for it to result in me vocalizing, rather loudly, the tail end of something along the lines of "Frick no" or "Frick you" as I awake. Scares the crap out of me and the woman both.

FourTeeFive
September 2, 2008, 11:44 PM
Lay off the pizza right before bedtime...

wyosasquatch
September 3, 2008, 12:05 AM
I didn't before but with your power of suggestion....

Thank you very much :fire:

Steve Raacke
September 3, 2008, 02:46 AM
Over the years, I have nightmares sometimes where my family and friends, or myself, are in danger, and I always acquire a gun (or one of my own guns) somehow and try to stop the attacker, but sometimes the trigger is too heavy to pull, or I shoot them repeatedly with no effect, or even if I put the gun against their head, they won't die or stop. The bullets just don't work.
Thank you for starting this thread. I have had dreams in which I was unable to pull the trigger (100lb trigger pull) or I'm able to squeeze off one round but unable to get the gun to fire a second time and the threat is still present. I never realized how common this sort of dream was. Now I know I'm not the only one who has this sort of nightmare. For me, the only way to deal with the stress of having a dream like that is to take the gun which I dreamed had malfunctioned and go to the range and fire it. Otherwise I'm stuck remimbering my dream and worrying if my gun will fail to fire when I need it.

Sylvan-Forge
September 3, 2008, 03:50 AM
I've had a couple crap-trigger/low-ammo dreams that occured when I had an overly long period of time between training sessions. Maybe to much junkfood before bedtime as well :p

It seems under those conditions are the only times I've had dreams that featured ineffectual firearm use.

Last one was defending against some zombie-like horde of ne'er-do-wells intent on sacking our redoubt. Had to fall back because the AR was low on ammo and didn't have time to load the one mag I had with the pocket full of loose ammo or stripper-clips (stripper-clips ***?). After snatching a shell-shocked compratriot through the window and calling "fall back!" to another compat, I found myself in a narrow hallway, suddenly all by my lonesome.

Into the hallway strides this dapper looking gent with perfect hair and spotless clothing. He smiled at me (perfect teeth) and said "I see you are out of ammo .. go ahead and hit me", so I think 'ok then' and give him the best I can give with a butt-stroke from the AR right upside his melon .. it felt like hitting a brick wall. He didn't even blink. Still wearing that damned smile, he says "I seemed to have misplaced something, please excuse me." I say "like hell! .... what the hell are you?". He replied, "I'm just a garage demon".
Incredulous, I laughed at that and just let him pass.

Kind of Blued
September 3, 2008, 04:16 AM
I haven't had anything of the sort interestingly enough, although I'm not sure if I'm in the minority, or others who can't relate simply aren't posting.

I've come to the point where I simply wake myself up when I realize that my dream is not an enjoyable one. I'm able to do this probably 50% of the time from what I remember.

It's actually quite fun. I'll wake myself up, look at the clock, notice I have a couple hours before I have to get up, laugh a bit, and think or say "That was stupid", or "Huh..."

I then smile and plop my head back down, excited that I get to sleep some more, and excited to see if my brain comes up with anything else.

Deus Machina
September 3, 2008, 04:27 AM
Never a gun dream, but a couple other SD dreams.

Forced to throw punches but they feel weak even to me. Or using my pocket knife and it just doesn't cut.

What sucked is that at one point the latter of those two progressed past nightmare into night terror--Body still paralyzed from that part of the brain remaining shut off, unable to wake up but fully aware of both the real world and (even considering the feeling of dread my otherwise unoccupied brain often works up behind closed eyes) the most horrifying monster of my subconscious ever.

And fists did nothing, and a pocket knife cut but got dulled, and it didn't stop. And I remember it definitely made a very thorough contact, and I had crossed from dream to awake enough to feel the conceived pain.

I tore out of the paralysis sweat-soaked, trembling, sobbing, and with a very sharp memory of agony. Worst night of my life, and I wasn't right for days.

So, now when I have the usual BG-in-my-house dream, and I wake up in the middle, I just look at the clock and go back to sleep.

USNNuke
September 3, 2008, 06:42 AM
I had these dreams for several years. I carried and shot IDPA now and then. I read Dave Grossman's book, "On Combat", he says these dreams are the result of performance anxiety and can be combated by practice and preparation. Soon after reading his book I practiced an am now at the expert level in IDPA, training to make Master at the next classifier. No dreams since I started routine practice a year or so ago.

It worked for me. I recommend his book to all.

CHEVELLE427
September 3, 2008, 08:11 AM
I don't have any/many gun related dreams but the other night I dreamed I was with OBOMA and was trying to convince him guns were not the problem I find this disturbing that OBOMA was in my head while I slept.
Tried to get him to walk with me in a bad part of town and he agreed to do this.:what:

Now the bad part.:eek:

I woke up :what:and have no idea how it went :confused:. WTH:cuss:

maybe this was not a dream but a Nightmare

WAS going to keep this to myself but this dream thread came up so WTH.:o

SSN Vet
September 3, 2008, 09:14 AM
Grasshopper,

listen to the wisdom of the Shaolin masters...

practice, practice, practice.....

then you know your weapon is reliable and you will know that your level of proficiency is up to the task..

when you can snatch the pepple from my hand, you will have a calm assurance and the dreams will fade away....

iiibdsiil
September 3, 2008, 09:17 AM
I've definitely had the 100lb trigger pull one. I've also had the not enough ammo one... only problem with that is it was my AK with the 75 round drum and 8 30 round mags...

Had one where the AK wouldn't feed also.

A couple times, the dreams have been so bad that I woke up and refused to go back to sleep as I didn't want it to come back. Of course I usually make it back to sleep after an hour or so. Sometimes the dreams come back, sometimes they don't.

Deanimator
September 3, 2008, 09:19 AM
When I was in grade school, I'd sometimes have dreams about needing to shoot somebody. The gun would sometimes fall apart in my hands.

These days I occasionally have dreams where the trigger won't pull or I'm missing at very close range.

On the other hand, earlier this year, I had a dream where my "friends" in the neo-Nazi National Alliance finally payed me one of their promised visits. I had my home-built AR Carbine and a bunch of 30 round magazines. Serv-Pro would have had a hard time cleaning up THAT mess...

SSN Vet
September 3, 2008, 09:33 AM
Welcome aboard USNNuke,

.... I think you hit the naill on the head with the "performance anxiety" comment.

After qualifying surfaced OOD, I read about the USS Barbell, steaming on the surface at night in the Sea of Japan and getting hit by a Tsunami. The boat was forced into a dive with the bridge hatch open and a cylinder of water floaded the control room. The XO plunged into the water and shut the hatch, saving the boat and crew. After the electrical fires were put out and the boat managed to surface they searched for the three man bridge party ........ only one survived.

One of my classmates who washed out of nuke school was sent to the Barbell to replace the LTJG who died on the bridge (The Barbell was a diesel boat).

I used to have dreams about this happening to me, as those poor souls on the bridge likely had only seconds to respond.

After much thought and some debate, I decided on the best sequence of orders and actions, committed them to memory, and reviewed them often.

The dreams went away.

hankdatank1362
September 3, 2008, 09:51 AM
We've all had 'em.

My favorite was having to shoot this 400 lb biker guy to no effect (CNS shots and all), and then throwing the gun at him. And then apologizing.

Deanimator
September 3, 2008, 09:53 AM
I had these dreams for several years. I carried and shot IDPA now and then. I read Dave Grossman's book, "On Combat", he says these dreams are the result of performance anxiety and can be combated by practice and preparation. Soon after reading his book I practiced an am now at the expert level in IDPA, training to make Master at the next classifier. No dreams since I started routine practice a year or so ago.

It worked for me. I recommend his book to all.
I had a dream the other night about a drunk barging into my home. You can tell I take the legalities seriously when after waking up, I immediately criticized what I said to the intruder in the dream.

jcoiii
September 3, 2008, 09:56 AM
My subconscious must think I'm a bad dude or something. In my SD dreams, I go all movie style- I can't miss and seem to one-shot everyone. Then, when/if I run out of ammo, I turn into Jet Li. The funniest ones are where I pull a sword out of somewhere and go to town on a room full of baddies.

The dreams are very "old" style movies- not a ton of blood, they bad guys just fall like I'm in one of those old westerns.

I think I just watch too many movies. (and I for sure don't consciously think I'm that superbad)

If you enjoyed reading about "Bad dreams involving failed self defense with guns?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!